|This article is about a/an episode in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
At the Youth Center, Zack is entertaining kids with his magic tricks and juggling skills. He then scares away Bulk and Skull with two fake snakes, when they try to gang up on him after a failed juggling attempt, and encourages the kids to use their heads if they're in a situation. Angela, is quite impressed with how good with the children Zack is and gives him a kiss on the cheek. When the others show up, they tease Zack about the kiss but Zack tells them it was just a peck on the check. At the Moon Palace, Rita, overhearing, decides to show him what a real peck on the cheek feels like.
The others are planning to meet Tommy at the mall before it closes. They ask Zack if he wants to come too, but he turns them down so he can stay with Angela and the kids. Back on the Moon Palace, Finster tells Rita about the new monster he's making, The Peckster, who destroy buildings with a single peck or two, Rita then tells Finster not to blow it. On the way to the mall, the other Rangers are ambushed by Putties in the park, but they manage to hold the Putties off. Back at the Youth Center, Angela asks Zack if he wants to do something with her tonight, but it is interrupted by the news report about Peckster. Zack and Angela try to keep the kids calm by having Zack do more magic tricks. Zack gets Bulk and Skull to help with a disappearing trick, by tricking Bulk into calling himself a goon and saying to him to bring Zack back he has to say Zack's name. When Bulk figures out Zack's trick, he then notice the latter has disappeared, Zack contacts Zordon, who tells Zack to stop Peckster. Zack then morphs and fights against Peckster, while the others are still fighting against the Putties in the park. However, Peckster manages to escape from Zack.
Zordon then contacts Zack and tells him to return to Youth Center because the children need him and to keep anyone from suspecting anything by being away for too long. At the park the other Rangers defeat the Putties, then Zordon contacts them and they teleport to the Command Center. At the Command Center, Zordon explains to the Rangers about Peckster. He tells them that Zack is at Youth Center, and when Kimberly asks about Tommy, he reminds her he still has to conserve his powers. The Rangers then morph to face off against Peckster and the Putties. Back at the Youth Center the kids want Bulk to say Zack's name to bring him back but he refuses. Bulk then flirts with Angela, but she rejects him, then Bulk accidently says Zack's name, the latter reappears. He then sees the report about how the other Rangers struggling to fight against Peckster. When Zack holds on to one of kids' rubber ball and sees some ballons, he gets an idea. Back at the fight the Rangers manage to defeat the Putties, but are still struggling against Peckster. However, this changes when Zack shows up with the balloons. Zack gets Peckster to peck at them, and tricks him into pecking the rubber ball disguised as a balloon, which causes his beak to get stuck. Rita then makes Peckster grow, then the Ranger called the Megazord, and destroy Peckster with the Power Sword. Angela and the kids watch on television at the Youth Center, one of the kids is impressed with how the Black Ranger defeated Peckster and says he reminds him of Zack. Angela then wonders where Zack is, much to Bulk and Skull's jealously. On the Moon Palace, Rita berates Finster for Peckster's defeat.
Later at Youth Center, Zack shows up dressed up for Angela. He tells the others his plans for a romantic evening with her, until Angela shows up with the kids and reveals that they are taking the kids to a cartoon festival. When Angela assumes he thought it was a date, Zack denies it and agrees to take the kids to the festival. However, Angela then reveals the festival is a 5 hour retrospective of Woody Woodpecker, much to Zack's dismay.
- Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott (Mighty Morphin Red Ranger)
- Thuy Trang as Trini Kwan (Mighty Morphin Yellow Ranger)
- Walter Jones as Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin Black Ranger)
- Amy Jo Johnson as Kimberly Ann Hart (Mighty Morphin Pink Ranger)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin Blue Ranger)
- Jason Frank as Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin Green Ranger) (credits)
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Richard Genelle as Ernie
- Renee Griggs as Angela
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Robert L. Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Romy J. Sharf as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- Machiko Soga as Rita Repulsa
- Barbara Goodson as Rita Repulsa (voice)
- Takashi Sakamoto as Goldar (Zyuranger Footage)
- Danny Wayne Stallcup as Goldar (American Footage)
- Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar (voice) (as Ryan O'Flannigan)
- Takako Iiboshi as Finster
- Robert Axelrod as Finster (voice)
- Scott Page-Pagter as Peckster (voice)
- A woodpecker, which the Peckster is based on, is not poultry (which is what "fowl" refers to).
- The ball Zack used to trick Peckster clearly was a balloon in all the shots prior to the monster getting stuck in it.
- The Triceratops and Sabretooth Tiger Zords were shown firing their weapons upon being summoned but there is no follow-up.
- The Rangers battle with Peckster was apparently shown live on TV as the young boy in the Youth Center later commented on the use of the balloons to trick the monster so it's lucky for the Rangers that the cameras must have missed the multiple instances of the Black Ranger being referred to by the others as “Zack”.
- During some shots of the downed Megazord, including the use of the cranial laser, the footage is flipped as evidenced by the legs looking weird.
- After seeing Zack flirt with Angela around two minutes into the episode, Billy says "what an abusive relationship" instead of "what an amusing relationship."
- During the Finster scene discussing the creation of the Peckster, his models randomly change shape and size depending on the stock footage they decide to use.
- When Ernie's TV shows the Peckster smashing a building, he is a giant but isn't when Zack appears to fight him.
- Despite the Peckster smashing buildings, Zack decided that this would be a good time to do a magic skit with Bulk and Skull instead of going to fight.
- Even if he thought the other Rangers could respond, he know he'd be needed and get there as soon as possible.
- When Zack was ambushed by Putties in the city battle, one charges at him and gets in close but the next shot shows it is further away from him somehow.
- Also, in the background of the second shot, a sign saying "Forest Conservancy Park." Said park is in fact in Portland, Oregon and not California where Angel Grove is supposed to be.
- When the Peckster leaves his battle with Zack, all he does is jump onto a building but Zack just stands there watching him go despite already having shown previously in the episode "Breaking The Spell" that him and the others could jump onto building roofs with one jump.
- When Alpha watches the Peckster fight, he says "the Peckster has pulverized Zack. What can we do to help him?” despite him not needing help as the monster had already left by that point.
- The news reporter somehow knew the name of the Megazord's Power Sword despite the Rangers not going on TV until the Season 2 episode "Lights, Camera, Action."
- How did the news have a live broadcast when there were no camera or choppers present for at least the human sized battle?
- Putties jump up from under the Rangers which should be impossible given the Rangers are on even ground (see below).
- This episode is the only example in Season 1 of the Putties (or any foot soldier) popping out from under the Rangers. Oddly, this quirk was used in almost every episode of Zyuranger whenever they got attacked by Golems, getting sucker punched from below.
- The reason that this is the only time we see this tactic in at least the first season is because every instance in Zyuranger was against the unmorphed Zyurangers so none of it was usable.
- Second and final use of the Megazord's Mammoth Shield as well as the only time it's named.
- Penultimate use of the Megazord's Cranial Laser, as well as its final use against a monster. It made its final appearance in Season 1's final episode, "An Oyster Stew" where it was used to destroy the Oysterizer's Pearls of Stillness.
- Like the Mammoth Shield, this is the only time the Cranial Laser is named.
- Ironically, the Oysterizer was voiced by Scott Page-Pagter who also voiced the Peckster in this episode.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy does not appear in this episode, though Tommy is mentioned several times.
- The first appearance of Angela since "Lions & Blizzards" and her penultimate appearance overall. She seems to have forgiven Zack for abandoning her on that instance, as this is also the first episode in which she kisses him. She makes her next and final appearance in "An Oyster Stew".
- Jason references Queen's song "Another One Bites the Dust" after the Rangers defeat the Putties.
- The second bird monster in a row, following the Two-Headed Parrot in "Two Heads are Better than One".
- In the "log on" sequence, it is Trini who taunts the monster ("Let's stuff this bird!") instead of Kimberly as usual.
- This episode has a possible hint that Ernie may know the identities of the Power Rangers, during the scene where Zack and Angela are talking and then Ernie tries to get Zack's attention when he sees Peckster attacking the city on live TV. It's not confirmed, but this is a possible hint at Ernie knowing the Rangers' secret although how he'd know that is unknown (besides perhaps deduction).