|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Samurai.|
Forest for the Trees is the tenth episode of Power Rangers Samurai.
After Mike goes rogue in battle, he is forced to turn his Samuraizer over to Mentor Ji, who intends to teach him a deeper lesson about the nature of the Green Ranger's Symbol Power.
Actually, this article/section is in need of clean-up. You can help us out by editing it!
Reason: Plot details need some fixing and expansion
At the Shiba House, Mentor Ji congratulates the Samurai Rangers for finding three of the lost Power Discs. Jayden explains that the Beetle, Swordfish, and Tiger can combine to form the Samurai Battle-wing. Mentor showed the rangers the battlewing drawn in the archieve. Mentor Ji gives Jayden the Tiger Disc, Kevin the Swordfish Disc for catching it. However, when it is time to give the Beetle Disc over, Mentor Ji grants it to Mia, saying that they trusted her and her symbol power the most. This makes Mike angry.
At lunch, Mike trains alone intensively. Kevin wondered what had happened, and Emily noted Mike's expression at the meeting, telling Mia that he wanted the Beetle Disc. Mia felt bad for Mike, but Ji told her not to since her hard work was the reason that she had been chosen. Emily defends Mike and says that he's trying. Mentor agrees and says that Mike had the power as well, but his inability to listen made him unprepared. Outside, an exhausted Mike resolves to train harder, still mad over not getting the Beetle Disc and envious of Jayden and Kevin for using their symbol power to its fullest. At the house, the alarm goes off, indicating that a Nighlok has entered the city.
In the city, a Nighlok appears and causes it to rain suddenly. The rain makes the business men and a woman at a bus stop feel despair. The Rangers arrive to the scene already morphed. Kevin grabs the Swordfish Disc, but the Beetle Disc is blasted out of Mia's hands by the Nighlok, so Mike grabs it instead. He tries to use the Beetle Disc with his Forest Spear, confident that he can do it. The Nighlok goes into the air and Mike starts firing at it, but nothing happens when he tries to use the Disc. Kevin chastises Mike over what he was thinking, but Mike excuses it as wanting to help.
Back at the Shiba House, Mike gets a lecture from Mentor Ji. Ji tells Mike that putting himself before the others put the Rangers in serious danger. Since they couldn't afford the selfish behavior, Mentor Ji is forced to take away his Samuraizer. Mike, angry at being benched, uses his symbol power to get a plant to grab Mentor Ji's staff. Jayden tells him to stop, and Mike leaves.
Kevin, Mia and Emily sat outside talking. Kevin wondered why Mike was acting so childish. Mia responded that both Mike and Mentor Ji acted childish. Kevin disagreed but Mia told that Mike had more than enough symbol power to handle the beetle disc. Emily questioned why he picked Mia over Mike. Mia answered that Mentor made a choice, it didn't mean the choice was right one.
Inside, Jayden commented that Mentor had been pushing Mike hard lately. Mentor Ji answered that it was his responsibility to train Mike to be a worthy samurai. Jayden told Mentor that pushing a door where it's meant to be pulled,it will never open. Mentor Ji taught him that. Mentor wished that Mike listened like Jayden. Jayden answered that everyone is different just like their symbol power is. Mentor realised that Jayden was right and commented that he has grown wise. Jayden left as he answered that Mentor taught him well.
Mike was at the arcade playing. Bulk and Spike happen to be at the same arcade and attempting a dance game. Spike felt silly but Bulk told him to not feel that way because dance teaches them balance, timing and control, everything that is needed for the martial arts. Mike left the arcade. Mentor arrived on his motorcycle and took Mike to a forest to teach him a lesson about his symbol power. Then Mentor returned Mike's samuraizer. Jayden contacted Mike because they needed Mike's help to beat the Nighlok. Mike runs off leaving Mentor Ji.
Mike arrived to the scene of the battle. Mike defeated Desperaino. Desperaino enlargens to a Mega monster. The rangers entered mega zord. The rangers could not defeat Desperaino due to his ability to fly so they had to form the battlewing. Mia gave Mike the beetle disc. Jayden, Kevin and Mike formed the battlewing. They defeated Desperaino.
Mike gave Mentor another plant to replace the one he ruined. Then Mike used his symbol power to bring the plant to move and made it fist bump against Mentor's fist.
- Alex Heartman as Jayden Shiba (Red Samurai Ranger 1)
- Najee-De-Tiege as Kevin (Blue Samurai Ranger)
- Erika Fong as Mia Watanabe (Pink Samurai Ranger)
- Hector David Jr. as Mike (Green Samurai Ranger)
- Brittany Anne Pirtle as Emily (Yellow Samurai Ranger)
- Rene Naufahu as Mentor Ji
- Jeff Szusterman as Master Xandred and Octoroo (voices)
- Kate Elliott as Dayu (voice)
- Felix Ryan as Spike Skullovitch
- Paul Schrier as Farkas Bulkmeier
- Rick Medina as Deker
- Pete Gentil as Desperaino (voice)
- James Pearson as Man #1
- Jordan Blaikie as Man #2
- Aimee Gray as Girl
- Red Samurai Ranger - Samurai (LionZord), Tiger (TigerZord)
- Blue Samurai Ranger - Samurai (Hydro Bow) (x2), Swordfish (Hydro Bow), Dragon (Hydro Bow), Samurai (DragonZord), Swordfish (SwordfishZord)
- Pink Samurai Ranger - Samurai (Sky Fan), Samurai (TurtleZord)
- Green Samurai Ranger - Bear (Spin Sword), Samurai (Forest Spear) (x2), Beetle (Forest Spear) (Failed), Bear (Forest Spear), Bear (Spin Sword - Tree Symbol Strike), Samurai (BearZord), Beetle (BeetleZord)
- Yellow Samurai Ranger - Samurai (ApeZord)
- First formation of the Samurai Battlewing.
- First apperance of Mentor Ji's motorcycle, an accessory that would be a significant part of his character and would appear again three seasons later in Super Megaforce.
- Desperaino was Destroyed
- Act 10: The Great Sky Combination - Super Sentai counterpart in Shinkenger. See comparison page. (fight footage & story)