|This article is about a/an episode in Power Rangers Zeo, the second season in the Zordon Era.|
As a school project, Tommy and Kat must pretend to be married. And to make the exercise even more realistic, Kat brings along Joey, whom she's offered to baby-sit for the duration of the experiment. Joey's crying is driving the teens nuts, but when King Mondo sends Boo Hoo the Clown to amplify the baby's wail, the effects are devastating. If the Power Rangers can't get the child to stop crying, he'll lay waste to Angel Grove!
Actually, this article/section is in need of clean-up. You can help us out by editing it!
Reason: Plot details need some fixing and expansion
Tommy and Kat are given an assignment where they must pretend to be married, much to the amusement of the other Rangers. Kat brings a baby boy named Joey, the child of her neighbor, to make the assignment more realistic. When Joey starts crying, all the other Rangers try to leave, though Kat makes Tommy stay.
The Machine Empire, seeing this, sends a monster to increase Joey's cry so it will be devastating to Angel Grove. They then bring Joey to a power plant, where they hope to use his cry to destroy the plant.
The Rangers arrive and battle the Cogs, though Tommy goes after Joey. Tommy saves the baby just as he's thrown off the edge of a catwalk, and Billy is able to teleport him to the Power Chamber. The Rangers are then able to call their Zords and defeat the monster, restoring the baby's crying to normal. After that, the teacher assigns Tommy and Kat to babysit his twins.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver (Zeo Ranger V Red)
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Zeo Ranger IV Green)
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos (Zeo Ranger III Blue)
- Nakia Burrise as Tanya Sloan (Zeo Ranger II Yellow)
- Catherine Sutherland as Katherine "Kat" Hillard (Zeo Ranger I Pink)
- David Yost as Billy Cranston
- Paul Schrier as Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jason Narvy as Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch
- Gregg Bullock as Detective Jerome Stone
- Richard Genelle as Ernie (credit only)
- David Fielding as Zordon (face)
- Bob Manahan as Zordon (voice)
- Donene Kistler as Alpha 5
- Richard Steven Horvitz as Alpha 5 (voice) (as Richard Wood)
- David Stenstrom as King Mondo (voice)
- Alex Borstein as Queen Machina (voice)
- Barbara Goodson as Prince Sprocket (voice) and Orbus (voice)
- Oliver Page as Klank (voice)
- Michael J. Sorich as Boohoo the Clown (voice)
- ??? as Joey
- Billy stated he wouldn't be able to locate Joey until he cried again, however Alpha soon detected him at the Power Plant.
- While the Cogs in the Sentai footage were both color variants and holding spears, in the US footage the Cogs were without their spears and only colored silver.
- Boohoo claimed that Tommy's attack with the Zeo Five Power Sword missed him when it clearly hit. Also, he was on his feet after this but was then shown lying down after Klank threw Orbus.
- First use of the Zeo Laser Pistols in their advanced mode which is formed from the Zeo Power Pod swords and pistols to enhance the blasts.
- First time the shortened morph sequence is shown whereby we see a shot of Tommy being suited up in his Ranger suit before being followed by a four-way split screen of the other four Rangers being suited up but not with their unmorphed faces shown.
- Tommy's morph in this episode uses a unique shot (showing Tommy's hair untied) which did not appear in any other episode.
- Billy's teleportation color is shown to be a white in this episode (this being the first time he has teleported on-screen since stepping down as a Ranger).
- The Zeo Megazord fight was used in a PC game Power Rangers Zeo PowerActive Words.
- The Masked Rider episode "Battle of the Bands" premiered the same day as the episode.
- This was one of the few episodes that one of the core five Zeo Rangers was referred to by their color, as opposed to their Zeo designation number; Boohoo referred to Tommy simply as "Red Ranger" while pursuing him; however the Gold Zeo Ranger who appears later in the series would always be referred to by his color.
- Ep. 12: Explosion!! A Baby - Super Sentai counterpart in Ohranger. See comparison page. (fight footage & story)
- Chouriki Sentai Ohranger: The Movie - Super Sentai counterpart in Ohranger. See comparison page. (morphing sequence)