|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.|
Flurious was a selfish and temperamental ice-themed warrior who attempted to steal the Corona Aurora with his brother Moltor. He was one of the two main antagonists, then later the true main antagonist of Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.
Along with Moltor, he attempted to use the Corona Aurora's powers for evil means. By the time he reached the crown, Flurious was transformed into an ice-based creature and trapped within a distant, frozen planet. Flurious commands his foot soldiers the Chillers and is constantly battling against Moltor.
Following his release from his prison, Flurious took over Norg's Ice Den and enslaved the yeti, and has had regrets ever since. He has tried several times to make Norg either be useful - such as finding the Fearcat's base and making him run away - or leave, but with no luck.
At one point, Flurious went to Moltor's base, suggesting that with Miratrix and Kamdor searching for the jewels, it was time for the two brothers to put their differences aside and work together. They did manage to beat the Megazord with the cyborg-zords Moltor built, and capture Mack in the process. Mack used their own suspicions and past issues to set them against each other, and at the end of the episode they were fighting once more.
Out of the six antagonist, Flurious is one of the least active of the villains, and has had the least success as a result. He originally tended to not search for the jewels, and just wait for Moltor to find them so he could steal them. However with the Fearcats' debut, his way of thinking soon changed. He also only had one monster that he created, and that is a massive temple monster called the Atlantis Temple. He briefly attempted to work with other villains: he brought back the Fearcats as cyborgs with his gyro technology, intending for them to work for him, and teamed up with Kamdor to find the Cannon of Ki Amuk. This backfired when the Fearcats turned on him near-instantly and stole one of his robots, and Kamdor and Flurious fell out over whose fault it was. All three villains battled each other as a result. However Flurious later joins Thrax's Evil Alliance along with the other villains against the Rangers and combines his evil energy with the other villains to cut off the Overdrive Rangers connection to the Morphing Grid. However their plans are ruined when the Sentinel Knight recruits several Veteran Rangers and the Overdrive Rangers getting their powers back. The two teams team up to defeat the evil alliance once and for all. Flurious battles Mack and Bridge and is defeated. After Thrax is killed by the Sentinel Knight the villains go their separate ways again. Because of the these failed alliances this was the last Flurious has tried working with others. The only exception since then came when the Fearcats were destroyed, and Flurious made a one-chance offer to Moltor to work for him; though it is unlikely that he thought his brother would actually take him up on the offer. Flurious gets his hands on the third jewel of the Corona Aurora, thanks to Norg. However, he doesn't show gratitude towards the poor Yeti. Flurious uses his jewel to destroy Moltor's Volcano, then destroys Moltor by luring him to his Ice Den and taking the Corona Aurora before freezing him solid and shattering him. Using the combined power of the Blue Sapphire and the crown, Flurious was able to locate the Rangers' base, where the remaining jewels were hidden.
In the series finale episode of Power Rangers Operation Overdrive, "Crown and Punishment", Flurious gets the rest of the jewels for the crown, but the Rangers attack his forces before he can put it on. He freezes the city, and the rangers freeze during mid-morph. The Rangers escape because of this, and Flurious puts on the Corona Aurora, transforming into an immensely powerful jack frost-like monster form called Flurrex. The Rangers manage to use teamwork to fight him back, but he responds by growing giant sized claiming that mere people can't destroy him. The Rangers combat him with the Drivemax Megazord and BattleFleet Megazord in its carrier mode, but he quickly destroys the Megazords, then shrinks back down to human size taunts them, and he sends out a huge army of Chillers. He comments that no mere human can defeat him, as long as he has the Crown. Mack says he is not human, and while the other rangers take on the Chillers, Mack becomes the Red Sentinel Ranger, and he uses everything he has to defeat Flurious. After he is beaten the Corona Aurora falls on the ground, unfreezing San Angeles and he reverts to his original form. Flurious refuses to admit defeat and goes after the Corona Aurora, only for Mack to stop him and use all his power left to finally destroy Flurious with a powerful energy beam, thus ending his threat once and for all and saving the world, but at the cost of Mack's own life.
Flurious is a cold, vengeful, ruthless, arrogant, sadistic, and short-tempered warrior that will do anything in his power to obtain the Corona Aurora and take over the world. Along with that, he is also temperamental and highly irritable, attacking Norg at the slightest provocation. He was the first of the two brothers to openly declare hostilities, attacking Moltor for the Corona Aurora and declaring "it's every man for himself" afterwards. He shows a heavy disdain for his brother (Flurious considers himself the "smarter" and more "handsome" one, showing he is also egotistical and narcissistic), laughing at his misfortunes and openly calling him to insult his intelligence. He always thinks of Moltor as incompetent, and gets easily annoyed when Moltor fails, although he fails too. One can infer from the verbal exchanges of the two siblings that Flurious is the older brother, though this was never stated onscreen.
- Moltor - Brother
Along with his brother Moltor, Flurious is incredible powerful and can take on all five Rangers with ease, though he is around evenly matched with Moltor in terms of strength and firepower, he's still stronger then Kamdor, Miratrix and all four of the Fearcats.
Powers and Abilities
- Reformation: Flurious can reform himself after an explosive demise which was shown in the second part of the team-up episode "Once A Ranger" after Bridge and Mack energy slashed him with the Drive Lance and Drive Defender, making him explode into snowflakes but he was later shown to have survived.
- Teleportation: Flurious can teleport to any location at will.
- Animation: Flurious was able to bring the Atlantis Temple to life as a giant monster.
- Screen Creation: Flurious can create a variety of screens out of ice, which included:
- Communication Screen: Flurious can create a communication screen out of ice to talk with others.
- Surveillance Screen: Flurious is also able to create a surveillance screen out of ice to monitor people.
- Sensor Screen: Flurious can also create a sensor screen out of ice to detect energy signatures.
- Snow Cataclysm: Flurious' signature attack where he can fire a continuous blast of icy cold snow from his hand at the sky. This will cover the entire Earth with nothing but snow and ice and also encase people in ice.
- Super Strength: In the episode "Follow the Ranger", when teamed up with Moltor, Flurious was able to knock aside the Drill Blaster's final attack.
- Cold Resistance: Flurious is able to withstand the cold, since he was able to live in the Ice Den without being bothered by freezing temperatures.
- Chillers Language Understanding: Flurious can understand what the Chillers say since they only speak in grunts.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Flurious can leap at an incredible distance.
- Chillers Summoning: Flurious can summon an army of humanoid ice creatures called Chillers to aid him in battle.
to be added
- Ice Staff: When in combat, Flurious possesses an ice staff that acts as the counterpart to the Drive Defenders and Moltor's swords.
- Ice Beam: From his staff, Flurious can launch out a devastating ice beam. Sometimes, it can also freeze enemies in ice and was strong enough to take down Dax, Ronny, and Rose with one hit. As shown in the first part of the pilot episode "Kick into Overdrive", they also served as the absolute counter to Moltor's forehead lightning beams since they were evenly matched and sent both opponents flying with great explosive force.
- Snowstorm Cataclysm: Also from his staff, Flurious can cause a massive snowstorm.
- Ice Wind: Flurious can also launch a blast of icy cold wind from his staff.
- Ice Energy Empowerment: Flurious can charge up his staff with energy made of ice and swing it at full force at the enemy.
- Earth Implosion: By combining his staff's power with Thrax and all the other antagonists, he can create an implosion in the Earth. This was his ultimate attack with the other villains and is strong enough to damage the Morphin Grid to such an extent that it obliterated the Rangers' powers.
- Gyro: Flurious built rotating propellers called Gyros, that when placed in a strong being's chest, will increase their strength and change their appearance.
- Blue Sapphire: By gaining the Blue Jewel, Flurious can use it to cause mass destruction around an area.
- Corona Aurora and Jewels: Flurious used the Corona Aurora and all five of its jewels to become Flurrex.
With the Corona Aurora's power, Flurious is the strongest and most powerful villain in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive. He possesses far greater strength then Moltor, Kamdor, Miratrix and all four of the Fearcats combined and is also stronger then any evil mechs. Although the DriveMax Megazord and BattleFleet Megazord combination was strong enough to take out Agrios, Flurious easily took them out by grabbing the Megazord's Saber and throwing it on the ground before blasting the Battlefleet with a powerful beam, destroying them.
Powers and Abilities
- Size Changing: Flurious can change his size at will.
- Ice Blast: Flurrex can launch icy cold blasts from his hands.
- Ice Energy Balls: Flurious can also fire light blue colored ice energy balls from his hands.
- Lightning Beam: Flurrex is able to fire devastating light blue colored lightning beams from his hands. One blast is strong enough to take out the Battlefleet Zords.
- Super Strength: As Flurrex, Flurious possesses far greater strength with the Corona Aurora's power, being able to take out both the DriveMax Megazord and the BattleFleet Megazord with ease.
- Durability: Flurious also gains incredibly thick skin that can withstand almost all six of the Rangers' weaponry and not get scratch.
- Expert Fighter: In addition to his newfound strength with the Corana Aurora, Flurious has become an expert fighter, being able to avoid all six of the Rangers' strikes all the while being able to subdue them.
- Cold Resistance: Flurrex retains his cold resistance like before when he was Flurious, being able to fight in the freezing temperature of the battle site.
- Energy Reflection: Flurious can reflect any energy-based attack from his enemies with his hands.
- Chillers Summoning: Flurious retains his ability to summon an army of Chillers to aid him in battle like he can in his original form.
to be added
- Claws: While Flurious lacks his Ice Staff in his new form, he gains clawed hands for combat.
Behind the Scenes
- Flurious is portrayed by Gerald Urquhart.
to be added
- Flurious' name is a portmanteau of the words "Flurry" and "Furious".
- Flurious' final form, Flurrex, resembles the Super Zeo Megazord from Power Rangers Zeo, the reason for this is because Flurrex's Boukenger counterpart, Gajadom, as with each primary antagonist, each individual monster of the week was visually designed as an homage to the various robots and other mecha piloted by the protagonists of the 29 previous Super Sentai Series. Gajadom's look was based on the Super Zeo Megazord's counterpart, the OhBlocker of Choriki Sentai Ohranger.
- He, along with his brother, is one of the oldest PR villains, having been active near the beginning of time. the only one who comes close to him and his brother Moltor is Sledge, who was active sixty-five million years ago.
- Flurious' name is related to the english word "Flurry", meaning "a sudden light fall of snow, blown in different directions by the wind"; just as the name meaning of his brother Moltor is related to the english word "Molten" meaning "melted or made liquid by being heated to very high temperatures".