|This article is about a/an episode in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
Farewell Space Pirates (さよなら宇宙海賊 Sayonara Uchū Kaizoku) is the fifty-first and final episode of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
With their mecha defeated and the Galleon badly damaged, the Gokaigers engage in a life-or-death struggle against the Zangyack. One after the other, strong enemies gather to stand in the Gokaigers' way. Will the space pirates prevail over this brutal empire, or will the Zangyack prove to be too much?
The Gokaigers charge Dyrandoh, and attempt a Gokai Scramble, but the Imperial Guardsman blocks it, leaving him open for Gai to hit him with a Gokai Shooting Star. They are then blasted back by the Zangyack fleet.
On the Gigant Horse, Ackdos Gill declares that he will wipe out all of humanity along with the Gokaigers. One of the Zangyack ships fires on the Gokaigers and forces them to untransform. Marvelous makes sure that the others aren't dead, and Gai says that they can't die since their dreams have to be achieved. Another ship fires, but the blast is deflected by the Free Joker's shields, the ship piloted by Navi. They are surprised that she found Basco's ship, and Navi says she delivers when the Gokaigers are in a pinch. Navi then dodges fire from the Zangyack fleet, giving Marvelous inspiration for a plan: breaking through the Zangyack fleet with the Free Joker and ramming the Gigant Horse to allow him to take on Ackdos Gill direct. Joe tells Gai to assist Marvelous when Dyrandoh returns to finish them. Joe tells a hesitant Gai that backing up Marvelous would accomplish his dream of defeating the Zangyack. The other four Gokaigers stop Dyrandoh from hitting Gai and Marvelous when they board the ship.
Marvelous takes the controls and charges the Gigant Horse at full speed. Zangyack ships on all sides fire onto the red ship and eventually break its shields and damage the craft, but the Free Joker still manages to make it through and rams into the Gigant Horse breaching its hull. Marvelous grabbed Navi and tosses her out, telling her to go find safety, then he and Gai hop out transformed and fight off the incoming squads of Gormin and Sugormin soldiers.
The two break into the control room, smashing down the door and killing the Dogormin behind it with Gokai Slashes, where they encounter Ackdos Gill. He declares that the room will become their tomb and calmly sits back down, easily fending off Marvelous and Gai's attacks. Gai changes into Gold Mode and gets Ackdos Gill out of the chair. While Gai fights Ackdos, Marvelous takes the controls and has the Gigant Horse fire all of its guns at the Zangyack ships, blasting them all out of the sky. On the ground, Dyrandoh is shocked at the loss of their great invasion fleet, and Joe takes the opportunity to change into DekaMaster and shoots Dyrandoh while he was still in shock. Don, Luka, and Ahim then change into Great Sword Man Zubaan, Princess Shinken Red, and MagiMother, respectively. With the Zangyack fleet wiped out, Marvelous assists Gai against Ackdos, who manages to knock them down.
On the ground, Joe and Doc hold Dyrandoh who fires on the girls, but Ahim defends them while Luka fires the Rekka Daizantou in Ozutsu Mode. Doc then transforms into Zubaan's Sacred Sword form (with painful results) upon Joe's request, getting the blue pirate to grab him and strike Dyrandoh with him. They activate the Gokai Galleon Buster with a Blue Charge, but Dyrandoh fires on the Gokaigers, which causes them to negate their transformation. They hold position however, and fired the Rising Strike, finishing off Dyrandoh. Back on the Gigant Horse, Marvelous and Gai continue to struggle against Ackdos, the Emperor strong enough to grab the Gokai Supernova and Slash Final Wave and flung it back to them. Both initiate their gun-based Final Wave, but Ackdos says he'll just redirect the attack. Marvelous tells them they're not aiming at him, and he and Gai then aim for the main controls, critically damaging the ship and blinding Ackdos. Gai and Marvelous knock back Ackdos, and finish him with another dual Final Wave attack, but the bridge suddenly starts exploding.
Outside, the Gigant Horse starts exploding, losing altitude fast. The exploding flagship crashes into a valley, exploding in a huge fireball. In shock, the Gokaigers think that Marvelous and Gai are dead, but Marvelous and Gai had changed into Gosei Red and the Go-On Wings Hybrid Form and flew out of there, landing near the other Gokaigers.
Don wonders if Ackdos Gill is dead and in Hell, with Gai nodding, but Marvelous notices Ackdos landing behind him and Gai, to the shock of the other Gokaigers. He declares that they should accept their destruction by his hand, but Marvelous says he can't beat them. Joe says that the Zangyack were mistaken in invading Earth. The others declare that they had found a power so great that they didn't use it, and that they were fighting alongside with the 34 Super Sentai. As Gai pointed above his head with his hand, an image of the first 34 teams appeared above them. Marvelous says that although they're the 35th, they're still pirates and would smash whatever they didn't like. Ackdos Gill fires on them, but Gai defends the Gokaigers by transforming into Gosei Knight. The others charge as Akarenger (Marvelous), Dia Jack (Joe), Battle Kenya (Doc), VulPanther (Luka), and DenziPink (Ahim). Marvelous and Joe then change into Bouken Red and TenmaRanger while Doc, Luka, Ahim, and Gai change into DynaBlack, Yellow Mask, Ninja White, and Shurikenger. The Gokaigers change into various other counterparts, beating down Ackdos Gill with unrelenting force. The six then changed into Super Rangers, with Marvelous as Hyper Shinken Red, Joe as Super Gosei Blue, Luka as Super GekiYellow, Don as S.W.A.T. Mode DekaGreen, Ahim as Legend Mode MagiPink, and Gai as himself in Gold Mode. The six manage to critically injure Ackdos with the Gokai Shooting Slash. However, no matter what attack they use, Ackdos still refuses to die. Willing himself to walk forward, the Emperor fires one final blast at the Gokaigers, only for Gai to come out of the explosions with the GokaiGalleon Buster and slam it into Ackdos for a point-blank shot. With the other Gokaigers soon backing Gai up, they fire a "Show-Stopping Wave", and the attack pierces through Ackdos' chest with little resistance. Ackdos then curses the Gokaigers before finally exploding in a massive fireball. With Ackdos's death, the Zangyack threat to Earth (and indeed the whole universe) is finally over. The Gokaigers, having just defeated the most powerful empire in the universe despite all of the insurmountable odds placed against them, later collapse in elation.
Several months later, the Gokaigers reunite at the Snack Safari (now renovated into the Snack New Safari) and are informed that the Zangyack is losing influence throughout the universe, thanks to much of their military power being destroyed in the second invasion of Earth and the deaths of the Emperor and his only heir. Joe said that their splintering was inevitable, and Marvelous asks the owner for another bowl of curry (having finished his fifth helping). Gai then runs in, having said goodbye to his family and friends, and Don informs the crew that the Galleon has been fully repaired and is ready to go. Luka asks where they're headed next, and Marvelous says they're heading for the next Greatest Treasure in the Universe, which he thinks is on the Zangyack home world.
When the Gokaigers leave, they are approached by the same group of kids and the two teachers The Space Pirates Appear from before, now wanting the Gokaigers' autographs as they saved the world from the Zangyack, which excites Gai as he realizes he is now regarded as highly as he regards the Super Sentai. However, Ahim tells them that they're pirates who were looking for a treasure, and that the Zangyack were only in their way. The Gokaigers leave (though Gai promises an autograph later) and the kids thank the Gokaigers and wish them luck on their journey. On board the repaired Galleon, Marvelous opens the Treanger Chest and releases the 192 Ranger Keys back to their original owners, while Gai yells that he'll be back for New Years, and hopefully for spring and summer breaks too. As the Gokaigers turn to re-enter the ship, Marvelous spots a figure at the bow:AkaRed, who nods his approval before disappearing. Marvelous bids his mentor a final goodbye.
Inside the ship, everyone returns to their usual hobbies: Joe works out, Luka counts her money, Don cooks the next meal and subsequently cuts himself with the peeler, Ahim drinks tea and Gai finishes updating his Super Sentai Encyclopedia with an entry on himself. Marvelous and Navi stand on the bow, watching as the Rangers Keys all return to their owners.
On the ground, Takayuki Hiba of the Sun Vulcans, Remi Hoshikawa of the Fivemen, Shoji and Kazu of the Dairangers, Goushi of the Zyurangers, Shou Tatsumi of the GoGo-V, Houka Ozu of the Magirangers, Miu Sutou of the Go-Ongers and Go-On Wings, Doggie Kruger of the Dekarangers, and Signalman of the Carrangers are all seen to have their powers returned, to which they give their thanks. On the roof of a building, Tsuyoshi Kaijou congratulates the Gokaigers and tells them to seize more dreams, but their own this time. As he walks away, his Ranger Key restores his powers and he transforms into Akarenger. In the Treanger chest on the Galleon, only six Ranger Keys remain: the Gokaigers' own Ranger Keys.
In the exosphere of Earth's atmosphere, Marvelous exclaims that their next destination is the Zangyack home world, with his fellow crewmates confirming this. He then turns the wheel, and the Galleon sails off into space taking its crew towards new adventures....
- Captain Marvelous (キャプテン・マーベラス Kyaputen Māberasu): Ryota Ozawa (小澤 亮太 Ozawa Ryōta)
- Joe Gibken (ジョー・ギブケン Jō Gibuken): Yuki Yamada (山田 裕貴 Yamada Yūki)
- Luka Millfy (ルカ・ミルフィ Ruka Mirufi): Mao Ichimichi (市道 真央 Ichimichi Mao)
- Don Dogoier (ドン･ドッゴイヤー Don Doggoiyā): Kazuki Shimizu (清水 一希 Shimizu Kazuki)
- Ahim de Famille (アイム・ド・ファミーユ Aimu do Famīyu): Yui Koike (小池 唯 Koike Yui)
- Gai Ikari (伊狩 鎧 Ikari Gai): Junya Ikeda (池田 純矢 Ikeda Jun'ya)
- Navi (ナビィ Nabyi, Voice): Yukari Tamura (田村 ゆかり Tamura Yukari)
- Emperor Ackdos Gill (皇帝アクドス・ギル Kōtei Akudosu Giru, Voice): Shinji Ogawa (小川 真司 Ogawa Shinji)
- Dyrandoh (ダイランドー Dairandō, Voice): Masashi Ebara (江原 正士 Ebara Masashi)
- Goushi (ゴウシ Gōshi): Seiju Umon (右門 青寿 Umon Seiju)
- Takayuki Hiba (飛羽 高之 Hiba Takayuki): Takayuki Godai (五代 高之 Godai Takayuki)
- Remi Hoshikawa (星川 レミ Hoshikawa Remi): Ryo Narushima (成嶋 涼 Narushima Ryō)
- Shoji of the Heavenly Gravity Star ("天重星" 将児 "Tenjūsei" Shōji): Ei Hamura (羽村 英 Hamura Ei)
- Kazu of the Heavenly Time Star ("天時星" 知 "Tenjisei" Kazu): Keisuke Tsuchiya (土屋 圭輔 Tsuchiya Keisuke)
- Shou Tatsumi (巽鐘 Tatsumi Shō): Atsushi Harada (原田 篤 Harada Atsushi)
- Tsuyoshi Kaijo (海城 剛 Kaijō Tsuyoshi): Naoya Makoto (誠 直也 Makoto Naoya)
- Houka Ozu (小津 芳香 Ozu Hōka): Ayumi Beppu (別府 あゆみ Beppu Ayumi)
- Miu Sutou (須塔 美羽 Sutō Miu): Yumi Sugimoto (杉本 有美 Sugimoto Yumi)
- Restaurant Owner: Mamoru Tanaka (田中 護 Tanaka Mamoru)
- Childcare Worker: Yumi Koyama (小山由美 Koyama Yumi), Fumie Nakashima (中島芙美枝 Nakashima Fumie)
- Gokai Changes in Farewell Space Pirates:
- Gokai Red - Gosei Red, Akarenger, Bouken Red, Red Racer, GingaRed, Red Hawk, OhRed, Shinken Red (Hyper Mode)
- Gokai Blue - DekaMaster, Dia Jack, TenmaRanger, Go-On Blue, Blue3, GoBlue, Gosei Blue (Super Mode)
- Gokai Yellow - Princess Shinken Red, VulPanther, Yellow Mask, FiveYellow, AbareYellow, GaoYellow, Yellow Lion, GekiYellow (Super Mode)
- Gokai Green - Great Sword Man Zubaan (Sacred Sword Mode), Battle Kenya, DynaBlack, Black Turbo, ChangeGriffon, MegaBlack, DekaGreen (SWAT Mode)
- Gokai Pink - MagiMother, DenziPink, NinjaWhite, GogglePink, PteraRanger, Pink Flash, TimePink, MagiPink (Legend Mode)
- Gokai Silver - Gold Mode (x2), Go-On Wings, Gosei Knight, Shurikenger (Fire Mode), Black Knight, KingRanger
- This episode possesses the most amount of teams used in a Gokai Change in a single episode of the TV series, with every past Sentai team being represented.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Fourze episode 23, Swan Alliance; starting next week, Gokaiger was replaced in the block by Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
- Viewership: 4.0%
- Total Greater Powers Collected:
- Gokaigers: 35
- The "passing the torch" segment aired after the ending credits of the series finale: the red warrior of the series that has just ended (Gokai Red) interacts with the red warrior (Red Buster) of the upcoming series.
- For this episode, the opening narration plays at the beginning of the Gokaigers' battle with Dyrandoh; the opening theme song is cut and replaced by the show and episode title cards. The extended opening is heard at the end while the credits roll.
- This episode contains the most amount of Sentai Legends to appear in a single episode of the TV Series at eleven.
- As of this episode, Luka is the only Gokaiger who has not used the Gokai Galleon Buster at some point in the series.
- In the scene where the Zangyack fleet bombards the city and Gokaigers, the clips of Gokai Blue, Gokai Silver, Gokai Yellow, and Gokai Pink being blasted into the air by an explosion is stock footage from Ep. 42: The Strongest Man in the Universe. However, new footage is used for both Gokai Red and Gokai Green being blasted away.
- There are no Legend Shifts in this episode, despite a number of previously unseen Legends appearing.
- Shortly after this episode aired, some past Super Sentai actors reprised their respective roles via Twitter in-character. They thanked the Gokaigers in their respective messages. The participating actors include Ei Hamura (Shoji of the Heavenly Gravity Star/TenmaRanger), Tetsu Inada (Doggie Kruger/DekaMaster), Kazuyoshi Sakai (Soutarou Ushigome/GaoBlack), Keiya Asakura (Youhei Hama/Blue Turbo), Kenta Sato (Riki Honoo/Red Turbo), and Kazuki Maehara (Ryouma/GingaRed).
- The final scene filmed from this episode was the shot of the Gokaigers walking towards the repaired Gokai Galleon. Kei Hosogai (Basco) visited the set on this day.
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Volume 12 features episodes 47-51: Ep. 47: The Limits of Betrayal, Ep. 48: The Fated Showdown, Ep. 49: The Greatest Treasure in the Universe, Ep. 50: The Day of Battle, and Final Ep.: Farewell Space Pirates. It was released on June 21, 2012. 
- Legendary Battle - Power Rangers counterpart in Super Megaforce. See comparison page.
- The Legendary Battle: Extended Edition - Power Rangers counterpart in Super Megaforce. See comparison page.