|This article is about a/an episode in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
With Navi's next clue being "Moroboshi High School", Gai Ikari realizes that their next clue to the Greatest Treasure in the Universe has to do with the Megarangers. The Gokaigers visit the high school, and discover that Kenta Date, the former MegaRed, has become a teacher, and he tells them that they must become his students in order to obtain his team's greater power.
Following the death of Warz Gill at the hands of the Gokaigers, the Space Empire Zangyack increases the bounties of the space pirates — with Captain Marvelous' head set to an "UNLIMITED REWARD." Aboard the Gokai Galleon, Navi's latest navigation clue is Moroboshi High School, which Gai immediately identifies as a clue leading to the Megarangers. Upon arriving at the high school, they meet Kenta Date, the former MegaRed who is now a professor. Kenta tells the Gokai Galleon crew that in order to obtain the greater power of the Megarangers, they must become his students for a day. Wearing school uniforms, the crew experience high school life while Kenta keeps watch on them.
Then, Sally appears and lures Kenta into a forest, where he and Gai encounter Basco. The privateer reveals that he has planted multiple bombs in the high school that will blow up in 10 minutes unless Kenta surrenders the Megarangers' greater power to him. While Gokai Silver protects Kenta from Basco and Sally, the main Gokaigers are aided by two computer club members in locating the bombs all over the school. Basco defeats Gokai Silver before proceeding to take the greater power from Kenta, but Gokai Silver changes into Gosei Knight to use a Defense Gosei Card against the attack before the other Gokaigers arrive at the scene. The Gokaigers reveal to Basco that they changed into the Timerangers and used the Voltech Bazooka to freeze-compress the bombs into a Holding Capsule-sized ball of explosives.
After having Kenta return to the school, the Gokaigers change into the Megarangers to battle Basco and Sally. As the Gokaigers are close to defeating Sally, Basco blocks the Gokai Supernova and Slash attack before unleashing Woodroid Moririn and Soilroid Dororin from the space monkey's body and retreating. GokaiOh, GoZyuJin and Machalcon merge into Kanzen GokaiOh to destroy the two Pseudo-Lifeforms (made easier when the Lifeforms grabbed each other out of fear) with the Gokai Kanzen Burst. At the end of the day, Kenta fulfills his end of the deal by giving the Greater Power of the Megarangers to the Gokai Galleon crew before they leave the school, though he did ask the crew if they are willing to get some Korean barbeque.
- Captain Marvelous (キャプテン・マーベラス Kyaputen Māberasu): Ryota Ozawa (小澤 亮太 Ozawa Ryōta)
- Joe Gibken (ジョー・ギブケン Jō Gibuken): Yuki Yamada (山田 裕貴 Yamada Yūki)
- Luka Millfy (ルカ・ミルフィ Ruka Mirufi): Mao Ichimichi (市道 真央 Ichimichi Mao)
- Don Dogoier (ドン･ドッゴイヤー Don Doggoiyā): Kazuki Shimizu (清水 一希 Shimizu Kazuki)
- Ahim de Famille (アイム・ド・ファミーユ Aimu do Famīyu): Yui Koike (小池 唯 Koike Yui)
- Gai Ikari (伊狩 鎧 Ikari Gai): Junya Ikeda (池田 純矢 Ikeda Jun'ya)
- Navi (ナビィ Nabyi, Voice): Yukari Tamura (田村 ゆかり Tamura Yukari)
- Fuuraimaru (風雷丸 Fūraimaru, Voice): Hironori Miyata (宮田 浩徳 Miyata Hironori)
- Engine Machalcon (炎神マッハルコン Enjin Mahharukon, Voice): Hiroaki Hirata (平田 広明 Hirata Hiroaki)
- Basco ta Jolokia (バスコ・タ・ジョロキア Basuko ta Jorokia): Kei Hosogai (細貝 圭 Hosogai Kei)
- Sally (サリー Sarī, Voice): Toru Omura (大村 亨 Ōmura Tōru)
- Soilroid Dororin (ソイルロイド ドロリン Soiruroido Dororin, Voice): Yoshimasa Tanno (丹野宜政 Tanno Yoshimasa)
- Woodroid Moririn (ウッドロイド モリリン Uddoroido Moririn, Voice): Yuki Anai (穴井 勇輝 Anai Yūki)
- Kenta Date (伊達 健太 Date Kenta): Hayato Oshiba (大柴 隼人 Ōshiba Hayato)
- Digital Research Club Member: Naoto Takahashi (高橋直人 Takahashi Naoto), Chiemi Toi (戸井智恵美 Toi Chiemi)
- Basketball Club Member: Nobuyuki Suzuki (鈴木伸之 Suzuki Nobuyuki), Yu Yamakawa (山川 祐 Yamakawa Yū)
- Teacher: Masashi Iwadera (岩寺真志 Iwadera Masashi)
- Student: Motohiro Oota (太田基裕 Ōta Motohiro), Manami Ikura (伊倉愛美 Ikura Manami)
- Gokai Changes in Why? We're High School Students:
- All of the Gokai Changes prior to the Megaranger change in this episode are pre-anniversary Sentai teams.
- This is the only time Gai becomes MagiShine.
Elements/Homages to Megaranger
- The title to this episode is a homage to Megaranger episode titles with it being a question or exclamatory followed by a statement that is the subject of the episode. The structure of the title is similar to the title of Megaranger's 37th episode, Why? Chisato Has an Old Man's Voice.
- After the Mecha won the fight, Gokai Silver says "Gokaiger, win!" which is a reference to MegaRed's catch phrase of "Game over!"
- The episode's Megaranger Gokai Change is the same morphing sequence in group form as Megaranger's.
- Basco's plot of attacking Moroboshi High is similar to the final arc of Megaranger, where an attack on the school by the forces of Dr. Hinelar exposes and results in the Megarangers being expelled; the Megarangers themselves must fight near Moroboshi High during their final battle in order to regain admittance for graduation.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Fourze episode 11, Disappearing Moon Door.
- Viewership: 4.9%
- Total Greater Powers Collected:
- Gokaigers: 28
- Basco: 3
- This episode confirms the official romanization of Warz Gill, when his name appears on a newspaper in English.
- This is the only time the Gokaigers use vehicles from a past Sentai during a Gokai Change.
- This episode features an appearance by Naoto Takahashi, who would later play Toru Morishita in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. His character is one of two Moroboshi High students who aid the Gokaigers in finding the bombs planted by Basco with his computer.
- This episode was never adapted into Power Rangers.
- A moment in the episode where Ahim and Joe talked about school while looking down through a window, two students can be seen playing a game. Those two students were portrayed by Mao ichimichi (Luka) and Yuki Yamada (Joe) themselves.
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Volume 10 features episodes 37-41: Ep. 37: The Strongest Fighting Machine, Ep. 38: The Power to Seize Dreams, Ep. 39: Why? We're High School Students, Ep. 40: The Future is the Past, and Ep. 41: Something I Don't Want to Lose. It was released on April 21, 2012.