|This article is about a/an episode in Battle Fever J.|
The Great Starvation Panic (腹ペコ大パニック Harapeko Dai Panikku) is the thirty-fifth episode of Battle Fever J.
Battle Fever work to stop an Egos plot to reduce fish catches in order to monopolize on rising food costs.
Egos unleashes a brilliant, multi-layered plan to wreak havoc on Japan’s economy. First they terrorize and destroy all of the fishing boats. Then they split Tokyo, by using a huge 190 car accident to destroy the Tomei highway, so that more fish cannot come in from the Kansai region. They then use Tozai Supermarket to charge increasingly outrageous fish prices. Finally, they use the critic Otaguro to spread panic using the mass media. Their scheme unfolds perfectly, and as fish is a staple commodity to the Japanese, every other item begins increasing radically in price, sending Japan’s economy spiraling downward (unnervingly similar to our own gasoline crisis today). When Tomoko reveals that she bought fish near the town of Chiba for much cheaper, Battle Fever begins investigating the Tozai Supermarket. In trying to trace where they are getting their fish, Kyosuke and Shirou nearly get themselves blown up. Then, under cover as Tozai Supermarket employees, Maria and the girls get trapped in the freezer and nearly frozen to death. Luckily Shirou returns to see the Tozai manager giving Salome a huge payment, and rescues the girls in time. As things get worse, Japanese children are beginning to suffer from undernourishment. Then Makoto, acting on his own again, decides to go fishing. Although Kyosuke accuses him of relaxing while they are all busy investigating, Makoto cleverly baits the Egos kaijin into attacking him. He tags a transmitter onto the kaijin and traces their fish supply route to Tokyo Aquarium, so Battle Fever can ride in to confront Egos.
- Masao Den (伝正夫 Den Masao): Kouki Tanioka (谷岡弘規 Tanioka Kōki)
- Makoto Jin (神 誠 Jin Makoto): Daisuke Ban (伴大介 Ban Daisuke)
- Kyousuke Shida (志田 京介 Shida Kyōsuke): Yuuhei Kurachi (倉知 雄平 Kurachi Yūhei)
- Shirou Akebono (曙四郎 Akebono Shirō): Kenji Ohba (大葉 健二 Ōba Kenji)
- Maria Nagisa (汀マリア Nagisa Maria): Naomi Hagi (萩奈穂美 Hagi Naomi)
- General Tetsuzan Kurama (倉間鉄山 Kurama Tetsuzan): Chiyonosuke Azuma (東千代之介 Azuma Chiyonosuke)
- Keiko Nakahara (中原ケイコ Nakahara Keiko): Noriko Hidaka (日高 のり子 Hidaka Noriko)
- Tomoko Ueno (上野トモコ Ueno Tomoko): Keiko Kanno (菅野啓子 Kanno Keiko)
- Masaru Nakahara (中原マサル Nakahara Masaru): Takumi Sato (佐藤たくみ Satō Takumi)
- Commander Hedder (ヘッダー指揮官 Heddā Shikikan): Masashi Ishibashi (石橋雅史 Ishibashi Masashi)
- Salomé (サロメ Sarome): Maki Ueda (マキ上田)
- Satan Egos (サタンエゴス Satan Egosu, Voice): Shōzō Iizuka (飯塚 昭三 Iizuka Shōzō)
- Ancient Fish Monster (コダイギョ怪人 Kodaigyo Kaijin, Voice): Takeshi Watabe (渡部 猛 Watabe Takeshi)
- Shinzo Ootaguro (太田黒慎造 Ōtaguro Shinzō): Eisuke Yoda (依田 英助 Yoda Eisuke)
- Manager: Seiya Sato (佐藤 晟也 Satō Seiya)
- Rich Man: Shōzō Iizuka (飯塚 昭三 Iizuka Shōzō)
- Rich Woman: Keiko Ito (伊藤 慶子 Itō Keiko)
- User: Toshie Shoko (小甲 登枝恵 Shōkō Toshie)
- Vegetable Shop Owner: Jiro Sagawa (佐川 二郎 Sagawa Jirō), Yoko Iwaoka (岩岡 洋子 Iwaoka Yōko)
- Battle Japan: Kazuo Niibori
- Battle Cossack: Hirofumi Koga
- Battle France: Haruhiko Hashimoto
- Battle Kenya: Tsutomu Kitagawa
- Miss America: Eiko Onodera
Battle Fever J Volume 4 features episodes 34-43.