|This article is about a/an episode in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.|
Dimension on the Other Side (次元ノムコウ Jigen no Mukō) is the thirty-fifth episode of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. It is also the first part of a two-part tribute to Engine Sentai Go-Onger, which concludes with Partner Pirate.
The Go-Ongers' support robot Bomper contacts the Gokaigers, revealing that Sosuke needs back up in Gunman World to deal with one of the surviving members of the Gaiark Clan. However, Captain Marvelous refuses to help out.
As the Gokai Galleon crew has lunch, a dimensional hole opens in the sky and a robot falls from it, eventually into the living room of the Galleon. After it introduces himself as Bomper, the Go-Ongers' support robot, the crew takes him to meet the former Go-on Red Sosuke Esumi, then reveals that the Gunman World is being terrorized by Barbaric Officer Chirakashizky, a surviving member of the Gaiark Clan, and that Engines Speedor, Bus-on, and Bear RV have already tried to stop him, but were defeated instead. Sōsuke asks the Gokaigers to help out, but Captain Marvelous refuses to do so, claiming that they would not get anything from it, particularly after they have already received the Go-ongers' Greater Power.
Sosuke decides to go by himself, but after his various failed attempts to reach the hole, Captain Marvelous and the others appear, and he says that he will give Sosuke a ride if he wants. The group travels to the Gunman World, where they save several of its denizens from a group of Ugatz. They eventually catch up with Speedor, Bus-on, and Bear RV, and learn that Speedor and Bear RV have married, and that they have a (gigantic) son: Engine Machalcon. However, Machalcon is a reckless troublemaker who spends his time racing around in Machine World rather than helping out his parents. Their reunion is cut short by Chirakashizky who challenges the Gokaigers to a duel. Captain Marvelous accepts the duel, and despite resorting to dirty tricks, Chirakashizky is defeated by the Gokaigers.
During their battle with the enlarged Chirakashizky, the Gokaigers try to use the greater power of the Go-Ongers, but they are surprised when nothing happens. Despite the difference in power, they manage to take Chirakashizky with their own power, and learned that Chirakashizky had joined the Gaiark due to how cool the name sounded.
While the pirates confront Sosuke about the reason why the Greater Power is not working, they are contacted by Pollution President Babatcheed, the new leader of Gaiark, who reveals that he merely used Chirakashizky to lure the Gokaigers into the Gunman World, and by sealing the wall between dimensions, the pirates are now unable to return to the Human World, leaving the way open for the Gaiark Clan to conquer it. The only way to get back to Human World is through Machalcon...
- Captain Marvelous (キャプテン・マーベラス Kyaputen Māberasu): Ryota Ozawa (小澤 亮太 Ozawa Ryōta)
- Joe Gibken (ジョー・ギブケン Jō Gibuken): Yuki Yamada (山田 裕貴 Yamada Yūki)
- Luka Millfy (ルカ・ミルフィ Ruka Mirufi): Mao Ichimichi (市道 真央 Ichimichi Mao)
- Don Dogoier (ドン･ドッゴイヤー Don Doggoiyā): Kazuki Shimizu (清水 一希 Shimizu Kazuki)
- Ahim de Famille (アイム・ド・ファミーユ Aimu do Famīyu): Yui Koike (小池 唯 Koike Yui)
- Gai Ikari (伊狩 鎧 Ikari Gai): Junya Ikeda (池田 純矢 Ikeda Jun'ya)
- Navi (ナビィ Nabyi, Voice): Yukari Tamura (田村 ゆかり Tamura Yukari)
- Fuuraimaru (風雷丸 Fūraimaru, Voice): Hironori Miyata (宮田 浩徳 Miyata Hironori)
- Engine Machalcon (炎神マッハルコン Enjin Mahharukon, Voice): Hiroaki Hirata (平田 広明 Hirata Hiroaki)
- Pollution President Babatcheed (害統領ババッチード Gaitōryō Babatchīdo, Voice): Banjo Ginga (銀河 万丈 Ginga Banjō)
- Barbaric Officer Chirakashizky (保蛮官チラカシズキー Hobankan Chirakashizukī, Voice): Takaya Kuroda (黒田 崇矢 Kuroda Takaya)
- Sosuke Esumi (江角 走輔 Esumi Sōsuke): Yasuhisa Furuhara (古原 靖久 Furuhara Yasuhisa)
- BOMPER (ボンパー Bonpā, Voice): Akiko Nakagawa (中川 亜紀子 Nakagawa Akiko)
- Engine Speedor (炎神スピードル Enjin Supīdoru, Voice): Daisuke Namikawa (浪川 大輔 Namikawa Daisuke)
- Engine Bus-on (炎神バスオン Enjin Basuon, Voice): Hisao Egawa (江川 央生 Egawa Hisao)
- Engine BearRV (炎神ベアールＶ Enjin Beārubui, Voice): Miki Inoue (井上 美紀 Inoue Miki)
- Shop Owner: Lord Hiroyuki (ロード裕之 Rōdo Hiroyuki)
- Gokai Changes in Dimension on the Other Side:
- With this episode, all 167 Core Ranger Keys have now been used in a Gokai Change at least once.
Elements/Homages to Go-Onger
- The title for this episode is similar to that of the Go-Onger episodes with half of the title written out in hiragana or kanji, while the other half of the title is completely in katakana.
- Unlike the mechs from nearly every other Sentai, the three Engines Speedor, Buson, and BearRV appear and interact with the Gokaigers, emphasizing the sentience and importance of the mechs to the universe of the Go-Onger.
- Sousuke uses his trademark "Boom" and "Bang" grunts while fighting the Ugatz in Gunman World.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kamen Rider Fourze episode 8, Iron Calvary's Cooperation.
- Viewership: 5.0%
- Total Greater Powers Collected:
- Gokaigers: 26
- Basco: 3
- This two-parter involves a Greater Power that was earned in Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle, but involves a member of the team who did not appear in the movie; Sosuke assists the Gokaiger in this story, yet it was Saki Rouyama (Go-On Yellow) who gave the Gokaiger the Go-Onger Greater Power in the movie.
- This is the first of two episodes which feature no regular Gokaiger villains.
- President Babatcheed seals off Human World using a 'Sakoku Barrier'. This is a reference to the 200 year Sakoku period, in which Japan isolated itself from the outside world. It is also further emphasized in the next episode, as Babatcheed mentions 'the arrival of the red ship' after the Gokaigers manage to break the Sakoku barrier, referencing the arrival of the Black Ships of Commodore Perry that forcibly ended the isolation period.
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Volume 9 features episodes 33-36: Ep. 33: Iiiit's a Hero!!, Ep. 34: Dream Comes True, Ep. 35: Dimension on the Other Side and Ep. 36: Partner Pirate. It was released on March 21, 2012.