|This article is about a/an episode in Battle Fever J.|
|WARNING: This episode contains scenes of character death & murder. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Cossack Dies for Love (コサック愛に死す Kosakku Ai ni Shisu) is the thirty-third episode of Battle Fever J. It features the death of Battle Cossack, Kensaku Shiraishi, and introduces Makoto Jin who takes his place.
A promise made to a scientist to protect his daughter leads Kensaku to a bond which ultimately leads to a tragic conclusion.
While on parol, Kensaku visits the home of his mentor, a researcher with the Defense Department, and his daughter Mayumi. The professor and his assistant, Kensaku's friend Makoto Jin, have just completed designs for a secret drill missile. However, Egos arrives, steals the blueprints for the missile, and guns down the professor right before his daughter’s eyes. However, while Battle Fever searches for the stolen blueprints, Kensaku is concerned about the well being of Mayumi. When he visits her, traumatized by her father’s murder, she accuses him of being a murderer, since he is a soldier, and that she can smell blood on his hands. She can't distinguish that he fights to protect others, only that he kills as well, and forces him to leave. Meanwhile, thinking the Defense Department suspects him of being a spy, Makoto searches for the blueprints on his own to try to clear his name. Kensaku remembers when he was an orphan, the priest who ran the orphanage was gunned down by gangsters before his eyes for refusing to leave. Moved by Mayumi’s words and his memories, Kensaku desperately tries the scrub the blood from his hands. He tries to take her on an outing to a dam, leaving his battle suit behind, to cheer her up. However, when he goes to get drinks for them, she is captured by Egos. Without his suit, he is gunned down in front of her. Makoto arrives to fend Egos off, but he is too late and Kensaku dies. Vowing vengeance, Makoto takes his uniform and becomes the new Battle Cossack.
- Masao Den (伝正夫 Den Masao): Kouki Tanioka (谷岡弘規 Tanioka Kōki)
- Kensaku Shiraishi (白石 謙作 Shiraishi Kensaku): Yukio Itou (伊藤幸雄 Itō Yukio)
- Makoto Jin (神 誠 Jin Makoto): Daisuke Ban (伴大介 Ban Daisuke)
- Kyousuke Shida (志田 京介 Shida Kyōsuke): Yuuhei Kurachi (倉知 雄平 Kurachi Yūhei)
- Shirou Akebono (曙四郎 Akebono Shirō): Kenji Ohba (大葉 健二 Ōba Kenji)
- Maria Nagisa (汀マリア Nagisa Maria): Naomi Hagi (萩奈穂美 Hagi Naomi)
- General Tetsuzan Kurama (倉間鉄山 Kurama Tetsuzan): Chiyonosuke Azuma (東千代之介 Azuma Chiyonosuke)
- Keiko Nakahara (中原ケイコ Nakahara Keiko): Noriko Hidaka (日高 のり子 Hidaka Noriko)
- Tomoko Ueno (上野トモコ Ueno Tomoko): Keiko Kanno (菅野啓子 Kanno Keiko)
- Masaru Nakahara (中原マサル Nakahara Masaru): Takumi Sato (佐藤たくみ Satō Takumi)
- Commander Hedder (ヘッダー指揮官 Heddā Shikikan): Masashi Ishibashi (石橋雅史 Ishibashi Masashi)
- Salomé (サロメ Sarome): Maki Ueda (マキ上田)
- Satan Egos (サタンエゴス Satan Egosu, Voice): Shōzō Iizuka (飯塚 昭三 Iizuka Shōzō)
- Eagle Monster (イーグル怪人 Īguru Kaijin, Voice): Teiji Ōmiya (大宮 悌二 Ōmiya Teiji)
- Professor Mimura (三村教授 Mimura Kyōju): Shiro Ooki (大木 史朗 Ōki Shirō)
- Mayumi Mimura (三村 まゆみ Mimura Mayumi): Mika Matsushita (松下 実加 Matsushita Mika)
- Worker: Sakae Yamaura (山浦 栄 Yamaura Sakae)
- Nurse: Hisako Yaohara (八百原 寿子 Yaohara Hisako)
- Priest: Enver Altenbay (エルベル・アルテエンバイ Eruberu Aruteenbai)
- Battle Japan: Kazuo Niibori
- Battle Cossack: Hirofumi Koga
- Battle France: Haruhiko Hashimoto
- Battle Kenya: Tsutomu Kitagawa
- Miss America: Eiko Onodera
- Viewership: 11.3%
- With the death of Kensaku, this is the last time any of the original five Gorenger actors appear in the Sentai franchise for 17 years.
Battle Fever J Volume 3 features episodes 23-33.