|This article is about a/an episode in Battle Fever J.|
|WARNING: This epsiode contains scenes of murder, and multiple character deaths. Viewer discretion is advised!|
Assault!! Run to the Ballpark (突撃！！球場へ走れ Totsugeki!! Kyūjō e Hashire) is the first episode of Battle Fever J. This premiere episode marked the revival of Super Sentai following the original two Sentai series, Himitsu Sentai Gorenger and J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, the first new production since the epilogue J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai vs. Gorenger (released on March 18, 1978), and the return of Sentai to television since the finale of J.A.K.Q. (aired on December 24, 1977), having had its run cut short, and the first series without franchise co-founder Shotaro Ishinomori. It also notably introduces a concept that will be the key factor to change the franchise starting from this series' fifth episode.
A series of murders of high officials forces the Battle Fever squadron into action, increasing their arsenal as well as accept in new member Diane Martin.
A series of murders of high officials by a woman carrying a poison tipped red umbrella has Tetsuzan Shogun call together four Dept. of Defense agents. When they track down and catch a woman with a red umbrella, she turns out to be Diane Martin, an FBI agent from America trying to flush out the assassin. She and her father, Mr. Foster, have come to Japan pursuing Egos, a secret terrorist cult lead by the evil Satan Egos, that has wreaked havoc across the world.
However, before Mr. Foster is able to return to America, he is killed by the assassin. Heartbroken, Diane joins the other four agents, as Miss America, to avenge her father’s death. They are given special suits that enhance their combat abilities to fight the evil Egos and become Battle Fever.
- Masao Den (伝正夫 Den Masao): Kouki Tanioka (谷岡弘規 Tanioka Kōki)
- Kensaku Shiraishi (白石 謙作 Shiraishi Kensaku): Yukio Itou (伊藤幸雄 Itō Yukio)
- Kyousuke Shida (志田 京介 Shida Kyōsuke): Yuuhei Kurachi (倉知 雄平 Kurachi Yūhei)
- Shirou Akebono (曙四郎 Akebono Shirō): Kenji Ohba (大葉 健二 Ōba Kenji)
- Diane Martin (ダイアン・マーチン Daian Māchin): Diane Martin
- Diane Martin (Voice): Lisa Komaki (小牧 リサ Komaki Risa)
- General Tetsuzan Kurama (倉間鉄山 Kurama Tetsuzan): Chiyonosuke Azuma (東千代之介 Azuma Chiyonosuke)
- Keiko Nakahara (中原ケイコ Nakahara Keiko): Noriko Hidaka (日高 のり子 Hidaka Noriko)
- Midori Aoba (青葉ミドリ Aoba Midori): Yuri Tsukasa (司ゆり Tsukasa Yuri)
- Masaru Nakahara (中原マサル Nakahara Masaru): Takumi Sato (佐藤たくみ Satō Takumi)
- Akio Hamamura (浜村昭夫 Hamamura Akio): Shinichi Yoshimiya (吉宮慎一 Yoshimiya Shinichi)
- Commander Hedder (ヘッダー指揮官 Heddā Shikikan): Kenji Ushio (潮 健児 Ushio Kenji)
- Satan Egos (サタンエゴス Satan Egosu, Voice): Shōzō Iizuka (飯塚 昭三 Iizuka Shōzō)
- Umbrella Monster (コウモリ怪人 Kōmori Kaijin, Voice): Teiji Ōmiya (大宮 悌二 Ōmiya Teiji)
- Fake Diane Martin (Umbrella Monster's Human Form): Eri Kanuma (鹿沼 絵里 Kanuma Eri)
- Bosnar Martin: David Friedman (デビッド・フリードマン Debiddo Furīdoman)
- Victim: Gozo Soma (相馬 剛三 Sōma Gōzō), Kentaro Kaji (加地 健太郎 Kaji Kentaro), Takashi Takano (高野 隆志 Takano Takashi)
- Customer: Miasa Uno (宇乃 壬麻 Uno Miasa)
- Pet Shop Owner: Genji Kawai (河合 弦司 Kawai Genji)
- Battle Japan: Kazuo Niibori
- Battle Cossack: Hiroshi Atsumi
- Battle France: Haruhiko Hashimoto
- Battle Kenya: Tsutomu Kitagawa
- Miss America: Lisa Komaki
- Viewership: 11.9%
- This is the first Sentai episode which aired at the 6:00 PM timeslot on Saturday evenings; it will remain in this spot until the thirty-first episode of Turboranger.
- This episode was one of the first seven episodes (bar 4 and 6) which had Kenji Ushio playing Commander Hedder, and was later edited so that Ushio was replaced by Masashi Ishibashi as Hedder after he replaced him in the role starting from episode 9. This came after Kenji Ushio was arrested for possession of drugs early in the series run.
- Though not fully introduced, the Battle Fever Robo is seen under construction in the first episode.
- The Marvel universe where BFJ occurred (Earth-79203) is created from the date this first episode was aired. ("79203" = 1979, February (2) 3rd (03))
- The human form of the Umbrella Monster is portrayed by Eri Kanuma, who previously portrayed Yoko Katou (Agent 007) in Gorenger.
Battle Fever J Volume 1 features episodes 1-11.