|This article is about a/an mecha robo in Engine Sentai Go-Onger.|
- "Engine Dai-Shogun! Grandly marching into battle!"
- ―combination announcement from the Engines[src]
- "Engine Dai-Shogun! Checker flag!"
- ―final post-finisher announcement[src]
- "Now we can finally rest in peace, Sousuke."
- ―Retsutaka's final words before petrifying forever[src]
The Engine Dai-Shogun (炎神大将軍 Enjin DaiShōgun) is a Robo featured in the Engine Sentai Go-Onger Movie. It's composed of three Engines that are black, gold, and red palette swaps and of Engine Speedor, Engine Buson and Engine Bear RV, called Engine Retsu-Taka, Engine Tsuki-no-Wa, and Engine Shishi-no-Shin respectively, with additional Shogun armor and weaponry.
The movie introduces the three Wandering Engines (流れ炎神 Nagare Enjin) who sought to become stronger for others. They were robbed of their hearts and Engine Casts by Maki's magic when they came to Samurai World, their Souls assuming human forms called the Honōshū (炎衆 Flame People) to fight her and restore themselves.
With the Go-ongers' aid, the Honōshū Warriors remembered their reason for becoming stronger as they regain their Engine Casts and execute "Engine Entering Soul!" (炎神入魂 Enjin Nyūkon) to assume their true forms, combining into the Samurai World's analog to Engine world's Engine-O, Engine Dai-Shogun. Its finishing attack is the Roaring Crimson Slash (轟音紅蓮斬り Gōon Guren Giri) with its enlarged burning Flame-God Sword (炎神剣 Enjinken). After Maki's death, Engine Dai-Shogun exhausted its wounded energy from fighting her, and its components' souls fade out as it is turned to stone.
It did later appear in GP 39 & 40 when it dropped into the Human World. It was activated via a miniature version of the Enjinken entrusted to the Samurai World children, Akinosuke and Harunosuke. This sword had some of Retsutaka's own spirit, but when Retsutaka's spiritual and physical analog in Human World threw the sword into Engine DaiShogun, it reflected on the man's whims and went on a destructive rampage. As the man had a change of heart and launched "his" soul into the rampaging Shogun, it deactivated and returned to their miniature Casts. Afterwards, the primary Go-Ongers used their partner's Souls to revitalize and revive Engine DaiShogun for one more time. However, the Casts did not return to stone and instead were brought back to Samurai World with Akinosuke & Harunosuke via the energy-filled Ancient Engines.
- Its Gouon Guren Giri is very similar to the future Shinken Gokai-Oh's finisher. Fitting as they are both samurai-themed Mecha with fire as a secondary motif.
- Several of the terms used by Engine DaiShogun are wordplay on the terms used by the Go-Ongers; "Enjin" to Engine, "Gouon" to Go-On.
- Even though it never appeared in the Movie or Series, Engine Dai-Shogun could combine with engines 4-12 in the same way that Engine-Oh Could. The Deluxe version was built in the manner of Engine-Oh.
- Engine Shogun Megazord - Power Rangers counterpart in RPM. See comparison page. (released only as a toy, never in the show)