|This article is about a/an ranger in Power Rangers Samurai and Power Rangers Super Samurai.|
- "Yellow Ranger, ready!"
- ―Yellow Samurai Ranger's Roll Call[src]
Emily is Samurai Ranger Earth, the Yellow Samurai Ranger of Power Rangers Samurai. She is innocent, sweet and the youngest of the Rangers. As Yellow Ranger, she pilots the Ape FoldingZord and controls the element of Earth.
Emily is a sweet, innocent country girl who was never supposed to be the Yellow Samurai Power Ranger. It was her older sister, Serena, who was destined for the squad, but an illness forced Emily to take her place. Although she is a bit of a fish out of water, the passion of the team and the bustle of the city inspires Emily to train hard and make her sister proud.
Samurai and Super Samurai
In Sticks and Stones, it was revealed that, as a young girl, Emily was said to be a crybaby and was often picked on by her peers. When her sister, who was originally going to be the Yellow Ranger, got ill, Emily was chosen as the Yellow Ranger, and promised not to cry ever again. This helped her teach her teammates how to not be affected by Negatron.
She later on helps Mike fight a Nighlok, when the other Rangers are swapped with inanimate objects, when the Nighlok grew, Mike used the Black Box and summoned the Claw Armor Megazord. They agree to "never fight another Nighlok together alone again".
Her greatest time to shine came when a Nighlok caused extreme hunger and thirst in all the Rangers, save for her. She battled the Nighlok one-on-one, proving she's tough, and a strong fighter, even without the others. During this battle, she used the Black Box for the first time.
In Samurai Forever, after defeating Master Xandred along with her team, Emily goes home to take care of Serena at home. Mike goes with Emily to "help her move things." But it is unknown if they started dating since they hold hands at the end.
Emily and the other Samurai Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers. She was one of the Rangers who saluted the Mega Rangers
When events set into motion by Lord Drakkon caused the timeline to split into pocket universe, each anchored on a powerset, the Samurai Rangers were split off into their own pocket universe. Lord Drakkon launches a surprise attack and the Rangers get separated and captured. She was later seen in Promethea, when it was already in another dimension.
When the timeline was restored, so was Emily.
Yellow Samurai Ranger
As the Yellow Ranger, Emily has access to multiple modes.
Emily morphs into her Ranger costume for close combat and ground battles.
To morph she uses her Samuraizer.
- Ape FoldingZord - emblem mode
Appearances: S Episodes 1-20, SS Episodes 1-4, Clash of the Red Rangers, 5-22, SM Episodes 20 & LBEV
Appearances: S Episodes 1-15, 20, SS Episodes 1-3, Clash of the Red Rangers, 5, 12, 14-17, 20-22
For added power in close combat and ground battles, Yellow Ranger goes into Super Samurai Mode with the Black Box. The Rangers can only access this mode one at a time.
Appearances: SS Episode 10
While in the Black Box's Super Mode, if a Megazord battle is necessary, the Yellow Ranger can morph her Spin Sword into the Mega Blade. The resulting combo is a mix of both Mega and Super modes. The Rangers can only access this mode one at a time.
Appearances: SS Episode 10
While in Super Mega Mode, the Yellow Ranger can summon Battlizer armor with the Shogun Buckle. The Rangers can only access this mode one at a time. Though Emily can access to this mode like the other four Rangers, she does not use it in any battle. (Though unused in the show. The Yellow Shogun Mode appears in the Nick.com Super Samurai game)
Morph and Roll Call
- Serena - Older Sister
- No names - Parents (mentioned)
Emily is innocent, sweet, tomboyish and the youngest of the Rangers. As Yellow Ranger, she pilots the Ape FoldingZord and controls the element of Earth. Having grown up teased due to her tendency to cry, Emily tends to be shy around others. She suffers from a lack of self-confidence and as a result doesn't say much despite her desire to help those around her. Her sister Serena taught Emily how to de-sensitize herself to criticism. While the insults do hurt her, Emily is able to steel herself past all manner of degradation to achieve her current objective. Emily has also demonstrated moderate acting ability; as seen during her dealings with Bulk and Spike.
She seems to have a romantic interest in her friend and ally Mike.
The Yellow Samurai Ranger Key is Emily's personal ranger key. This key along with the majority of the Core Ranger Keys are seen lining the Command Center's interior walls. This key is mainly used by Gia Moran (Super Megaforce Yellow) who uses it to fight as the Yellow Samurai Ranger.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the Samurai Rangers while fighting Headridge.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the Samurai Rangers in their fight with Matacore.
- When the Super Mega Rangers became the Samurai Rangers in their fight with Osogain.
Behind the Scenes
- Emily is portrayed by Brittany Anne Pirtle. In Super Sentai footage from Shinkenger, her suit actress was Miwa Hashiguchi (橋口 未和 Hashiguchi Miwa) and her substitute was Sanae Hitomi (人見 早苗 Hitomi Sanae). Her US/NZ suit actress is Aya Sugiyama.
- The symbol on her helmet (土) means "earth".
- Early scripts listed her name as "Ava".
- Like her Sentai counterpart Kotoha, Emily can also be seen playing a flute at times.
- Interestingly, both of them have one sister who were originally intended to become Yellow Ranger but became sick and were replaced.
- Emily is the only Yellow Legendary Ranger returning in Power Rangers Super Megaforce.
- She, Kevin, and Mike are so far the only Samurai Rangers without surnames.
- In the Japanese dub of Power Rangers Samurai, Emily is voiced by Ayaka Shimoyamada.
- The role was auditioned for, and won, by Ciara Hanna who turned it down. She would later play the role of Gia in Megaforce.
- In "The Strange Case of the Munchies", when Emily wears a black wig, she resembles Doctor K from Power Rangers RPM.