|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.|
After the Rangers interrupted Scrozzle and Drilltron 2.0's efforts to collect Morph-X that they had drained from a tower, Scrozzle retreated and deployed Drilldrone 2.0. The Gigadrone materialized right above the Rangers, who barely got out of the way in time. Drilldrone 2.0 burrowed deep underground, seeking to harvest the remaining spilled Morph-X. While Zoey and Steel continued to fight Drilltron 2.0, Devon, Ravi, and Nate called upon their Zords to stop Drilldrone 2.0. Devon, who piloted the Racer Zord, had Nate use the Wrecker Zord's crane to lower the Racer Zord (in Battle Mode) into the crater, while Ravi and the Wheeler Zord (in Gorilla Mode) stood guard. In response, Drilldrone 2.0 launched a pair of Gigatronics onto the surface. With the Wrecker Zord unable to fight back, the Wheeler Zord had to battle the Gigatronics alone.
Devon and the Racer Zord reached the bottom of the crater where he encountered Drilldrone 2.0, which deployed another pair of Gigatronics. The three robots ganged up on the Racer Zord and started to overwhelm it. Back on the surface, the Gigatronics managed to get past Ravi and were about to attack the Wrecker Zord, but Zoey (having destroyed Drilltron 2.0 earlier) arrived in the Chopper Zord and opened fire on the Gigatronics. The Chopper Zord then assumed Jackrabbit mode, and teamed up with the Wheeler Zord to destroy the two Gigatronics, with Ravi using the Rocket Storm to finish them both off. Meanwhile, Devon used the Wrecker Zord's hook to first knock the two other Gigatronics away, then snag Drilldrone 2.0, enabling Nate to reel the Gigadrone out of the crater. Devon then finished off the remaining two Gigatronics off with Cheetah Hyper Strike empowered by the Cheetah Beast Blaster.
Nate pulled Drilldrone 2.0 out of the hole, and Steel, now piloting the Jet Zord in Scarab mode, grabbed it and carried it to the city. Nate followed and assumed the Wrecker Zord's Battle Mode. Steel dropped the Gigadrone onto the ground, allowing Nate to overpower it with the crane arm and destroy it with the Wrecker Zord Bazooka Blast.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength-Single punches from Drilldrone 2.0 sent the Racer Zord reeling, made it erupt with sparks, and horribly shook up Devon.
- Burrowing-Drilldrone 2.0 can burrow under the ground using all four of its drills, leaving it immune to surface attacks much like its predecessor.
- Gigatronics Launching: Drilldrone 2.0 can deploy at least four Gigatronics, twice the number previous Alpha models were able to launch.
- Right Drill Arm: Drilldrone 2.0's right arm is a massive drill.
- Left Drill Arm: Drilldrone 2.0's left arm is equipped with four smaller multi-pronged drills.
- Shoulder Drills: Drilldrone 2.0 also has a mounted drill on each shoulder which greatly aid in its burrowing attacks.
Behind the Scenes
- Like all of the other Gigadrones post "Seeing Red", Drilldrone 2.0 is voiceless.
- Drilldrone 2.0 is the first Gigadrone to face all five individual Zords at once.
- Drilldrone 2.0 is the second Gigadrone with the words 2.0, the first being Tubadrone 2.0.
- Drilldrone 2.0 is the second Gigadrone to completely lack a sort of ranged attack, the first being Antennadrone.
- Coincidentally, both are Alpha Models that launch Gigatronics and are based upon Robotrons created from common household objects (a drill and a TV antenna).
- Drilldrone 2.0's Go-Busters counterpart actually appeared at the very beginning of its episode within the first two minutes in an aspect changed due to the premiere plot needing to happen.
- Unlike any Gigadrone before it, Drilldrone 2.0 summoned four Gigatronics as opposed to merely two.
- Drilltron 2.0 - Robotron counterpart
- DrillZord 2 - Super Sentai counterpart in Go-Busters. See comparison page.
- Drilldrone - Its predecessor.