|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Dramole was a mole monster who served as the main antagonist of the two-part episode "Return of an Old Friend".
Dramole was created by Finster. Dramole could spray special hypnotic gas that could control people's minds. He also could dig under the ground. He did not talk. Rita had Finster create the Dramole and sent him to kidnap everyone in the Angel Grove Youth Center. He kidnapped the parents and sent them to the Dark Dimension, where people were in zombie state and obeyed Rita's orders . The plot was to hold them hostage and get the Powers Rangers to hand over their Power Coins. She would then draw out a Ranger to brainwash them and bring Goldar the Dragon Dagger who could then summon the Dragonzord to wipe out the city. The Rangers would be unable to respond since Rita had their Power Coins and thus they would be helpless. After kidnapping the parents, Dramole found Billy in the Youth Center and brainwashed him to get the Dragon Dagger before he retreated back underground. Then Dramole encountered other Rangers and took control over them too. The monster started to spray his gas in the city. Tommy, who watched it, asked Zordon to restore at least part of his Green Ranger power to help them. The Green Ranger interrupted and eventually stopped Dramole, by destroying his spraying machine and freeing his friends.
Once the Rangers handed over their Power Coins, Finster planned to have Dramole finish off the Rangers for good once Angel Grove surrendered. However, these plans were pushed ahead significantly after Tommy returned as the Green Ranger and stole back both the Dragon Dagger and Power Coins as well as managed to defeat both Goldar and Scorpina. After this happened, Rita sent Dramole to Angel Grove Quarry to destroy or brainwash the Power Rangers. The core Rangers arrived but Dramole turned day to night, spraying them with his gas but they held their breath. However, he was soon able to take control over four of them before he prepared to brainwash her as well after Zack and Billy grabbed her. Luckily, Tommy woke up and knocked down Dramole with a massive energy blast which released the others from his control.
However, before they could team-up against Dramole, Rita enlarged him and the Rangers had to dodge his giant foot as he tried to trample them. They then summoned the Megazord and Dragonzord but Dramole turned day to night to do them in. He proved too strong for them and took both down, forcing the Megazord to reboot so the Dragonzord had to fight the monster. The Megazord quickly recovered so they summoned Titanus and Dramole was finally destroyed by the Ultrazord.
After the demise of Photomare, the Power Rangers realize that the ten year jump back in time can only be resolved by destroying the Rock of Time so they go into the mountains to find it only to discover Goldar and the Putty Patrol waiting for them. However, given every other time that he has used Goldar alone he has failed miserably, Zedd opts to then recreate the Oysterizer, the Dramole and the Invenusable Flytrap to act as muscle. The Dramole is recreated immediately after the Invenusable Flytrap even whilst Tommy claims that they beat the thing once and they shall do it again. Though beaten back, the Power Rangers then equip their Power Weapons and beat the creatures senseless with Billy immediately slaying the Dramole with a slash from his Power Lance which makes him cease to exist. With his muscle gone, Goldar flees and the Power Rangers are able to use the Power Cannon to obliterate the Rock of Time and return things to normal.
Not long later, Dramole was among the monsters recreated by Finster where he attacked the Rangers at the Specter Theater and attended Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa's wedding. He was one of the six monsters who was grown to giant size after the Rangers escaped the Specter Theater. He attacked straight after Eye Guy and unleashed a bombardment of his mind altering smoke which blasted the Thunder Megazord but it recovered and took him down with its smoke attack with Robogoat going next. He was out of commission for the remainder of the fight and was eventually destroyed again by the Thunder Saber.
Dramole was a cunning, sneaky and unpredictable monster. As he managed to take control over the Rangers and nearly won. But he was also arrogant and stubborn and clever heroes defeated him. He also did not talk, only spoke in roars and growls. During his third appearance Dramole was much more intelligent and could talk but remained loyal to Rita and Zedd.
Powers and Abilities
- Mind Control Gas Spray: Dramole's main ability where he sprays white gas from his armpits that can control the minds of other people.
- Sky Darkening: Dramole's mind control gas could also make the sky turn pitch black.
- Damage: When fighting the Thunderzords, Dramole unleashed some of his mind control smoke which caused damage to the Thunder Megazord.
- Energy Swirl Projection: Dramole can exhale white energy swirls from his nose that could brainwash even the Power Rangers. This seems to be a secondary ability he only uses if his usual mind control gas fails.
- Lightning Vision: Dramole can fire red and yellow lightning from his eyes that are strong enough to take down both the Megazord and Dragonzord with one hit as well as forcing the former to reboot.
- Strength: Dramole knocked back the Megazord and Dragonzord with single slashes of his claws.
- Underground Digging: Being a mole themed monster, Dramole can quickly move under the ground.
- Speed: Dramole can race around underground at amazing speed.
- Sunlight: Moles are sensitive to bright light so he was less able to react when the sun came back out.
- Claws: Dramole had massive hands with razor sharp claws on them that he can use to slash his enemies with.
Behind the Scenes
- In his third appearance, Dramole was voiced by Kirk Thornton. original two-part episode to feature the Dramole only had stock mole grunts used for his "speech".
to be added
to be added
- Dramole comes from what is commonly referred to as Zyu2 footage, and was not seen in the original Zyuranger.