|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Dino Super Charge.|
|"Greetings. I am the Silver Ranger. I send you this message from the far reaches of space. Although I am bonded to the Silver Energem, the vast distance between myself and my Titano Zord has caused the Zord to be deactivated. The location of the Titano Zord is-"|
|―Doomwing's first words via holo-pod before Singe destroyed it.[src]|
|"Rangers! I have found you. Arcanon captured me but I managed to break free from his evil clutches. We must go quickly before they catch up."|
|―Doomwing when meeting the Dino Charge Rangers as the Silver Ranger.[src]|
|"Mu hu hu hu ha ha ha ha ha ha! You Rangers are smarter than we thought. No matter. Ya ha ha ha! Time to meet my Titano Morph Blaster!"|
|―Doomwing after being found out due to the fake Dino Chargers.[src]|
|―Doomwing's final word before his death.[src]|
Doomwing was the evil counterpart and other half of Zenowing who served as one of the two generals of Lord Arcanon alongside Singe. He served the the titular main antagonist of the episodes "Silver Secret" and "Wings of Danger."
Long ago, Arcanon destroyed the whole planet of Sentai 6 only to retrieve the Dark Energem. After finding the Silver Energem, Zenowing found and confronted him. During the battle, the Silver Energem bonded to him, turning him into the Silver Ranger. But even with this new power, Zenowing still failed defeat Arcanon and was captured by him instead. Arcanon knew that Zenowing would never agree to become loyal to him, so with just one touch of the Dark Energem, he created the dark side and evil counterpart of Zenowing, Doomwing stored the Silver Energem in his sword blade.
Doomwing morphs into the Silver Ranger to pose as Zenowing and makes contact and gains Kendall Morgan's trust by seemingly helping the Dino Charge Rangers with finding out where the Titano Zord is located. The message pod is then destroyed by Singe in order to avoid Heckyl and the Rangers getting suspicions about his true intentions.
After the battle with Beauticruel, the Rangers receive another call from the Silver Ranger where Doomwing seemingly asks the Rangers for help but they lose the connection.
After the battle with Leisure and Loafer, the Rangers have a discussion with the Silver Ranger who tells them that the Dark Energem has been discovered. Kendall is then told by the Silver Ranger to give out the information about the Zords and Chargers, much to the purple Ranger's skepticism. She nevertheless, gives out the database to him which turns out to be the Rangers' downfall. He then begins using these data to make replicas of the Dino Chargers for his master to use.
Though Arcanon easily overpowers Heckyl, Snide proves more of a challenge and overwhelms them in battle while inside his personal Megazord, Fortress. It is at this instant that Doomwing reveals that he can summon the Zords as well, shocking the Rangers. When it is clear Fortress is too much to handle, they retreat, and the Rangers take over the battle. Later, he stands beside his partner as they are told by their master they must take the Energems no matter what.
When the Rangers find that the Silver Ranger is on Earth, they rush to the spot from where they have received the signal. Doomwing morphs into the Silver Ranger and appears before them while pretending to be injured. He tells them he was captured by Lord Arcanon and was forced by him to create the Dino Chargers. He says he has managed to escape and bring all of the nine Chargers which he has made. Riley doubts this, as he had found the Titano Charger left by Arcanon on the road. Exposed, Doomwing then reveals his true evil intentions and attacks the Rangers, with his strength being overwhelming. Just as he is about to make the final strike, he loses control and demorphs into his true form. He then gets taken over by Zenowing, who tells the truth: sometime after he bonded with the Silver Energem, Arcanon fuses his body with Doomwing's through the Dark Energem to obtain the Silver Energem. Zenowing reveals that since Doomwing has stored the Energem in his sword, only he can morph into the Silver Ranger with the help of his bonded soul. The true Silver Ranger starts losing control and warns the Rangers to move away to safety as Doomwing starts to take over.
Doomwing returns and attacks Tyler while planting a listener on his Dino Com before fleeing away. The Rangers return to their base and to prevent the villains from listening in on their conversation, carefully placed the device under a waterfall-like structure in a glass tank, before working on their plan to separate Doomwing and Zenowing by using the Split Emitters, four pyramid-like devices which when placed in a square formation, will concentrate a beam of energy at the center to separate the fused objects. They then arranged them in the correct positions and tell their fake plan in order to be listened by the villains. Doomwing arrives on the scene and confronts Tyler, thinking he is alone. After a fierce duel, he starts losing control and Tyler tells his friends to start the process. The Split Emitters fire energy from four directions, concentrating at the transforming Doomwing. The two get separated, which infuriates Arcanon, who fires the Magna Beam at Doomwing to enlarge him. The Rangers form the Dino Charge Ultrazord and with the Titano Cannon Final Strike, manage to defeat him. However, Doomwing survives the battle with the Silver Energem still in his possession and manages to make his escape. He returns to the ship, but Arcanon is disappointed with him since though he still has the Silver Energem with him, he is rendered unable to morph due to the separation between him and Zenowing, no matter how hard he tries. Arcanon angrily says that, when he could become the Silver Ranger, he was of great use to him, but now that he cannot, he is of no use at all. He exits, leaving Doomwing down and depressed.
Doomwing requests one last chance from Arcanon before he destroys him. Arcanon agrees and gives him the Silver Energem. He, along with his companions, goes to confront Zenowing and battles with him. Doomwing gets the upper hand and is almost about to finish off Zenowing, just when Riley valiantly jumps in to save Zenowing. Doomwing injures Riley badly. Keeper arrives and saves all the rangers. Arcanon warns Doomwing that he better get hold of Zenowing otherwise, he shall destroy him himself. Back in the lab, Kendall analyzes the wound but she says that she has no idea if Riley shall become alright as she has never seen such a type of wound. Zenowing blames Riley and says it was his fault that he got injured. The rangers are annoyed by this remark and Tyler points out that Zenowing is still alive, thanks to Riley. All the rangers leave the base. Keeper talks to Zenowing and makes him understand the realization he is currently experiencing. He says that as Doomwing veiled his true emotions, he doesn't have gratitude and somehow has lost his true self.
Meanwhile, in the ship, Doomwing orders Wrench to go on making more monsters so that they can keep the Rangers busy while he fuses with Zenowing again. However it is revealed that none of the monsters can speak. Doomwing complains but Wrench points out that it is impossible to create perfect monsters in such little amount of time. He then sends them to keep the Rangers busy. After Zenowing helps Riley with his wound and gives him his special abilities, he leaves and approaches the forest. He senses the presence of the Silver Energem. Doomwing shows up and he is able to copy every move of Zenowing. Zenowing gets captured and Arcanon is about to merge Doomwing and Zenowing using the Dark Energem. Riley wakes up, sensing that Zenowing is in deep trouble. He can now see through Zenowing's eyes. Riley rushes to the forest after showing Kendall that his wound has healed. He stops the fusion process using the Green Prism Slash, the one Zenowing told that he could not master. The Dark Energem falls far off then Fury and Singe go looking for it. Arcanon wants to destroy Doomwing for his failure but the Rangers arrive to destroy them both. Arcanon flees, leaving Doomwing to Zenowing's mercy and the Rangers. Doomwing tries to flee but is stopped by Tyler while the other Rangers fight the re-animated monsters, as well as Tyler soon after. Zenowing fights him and gets back his Energem. He morphs and after a fierce battle, Doomwing tells him that Arcanon would crush him in spite of his demise. Zenowing then kills him by paralyzing him with the Silver Prism Slash and finishing him off with the Titano Saber Final Strike. As Zenowing relaxes, Doomwing slumps to the ground and explodes.
Due to his incompetence and utter failure, Lord Arcanon decides not to enlarge Doomwing for a second time.
In the new timeline created by killing Sledge's Crew in prehistoric times, Doomwing was never created because Heckyl and Zenowing prevented Arcanon from stealing the Dark Energem.
Doomwing was a proud, confident, and ruthless villain who was extremely sure of his strength though not without cause as he proved to be one of the toughest opponents to the Dino Charge Rangers much like Singe before him. Doomwing was also a very convincing impostor of Zenowing as he took on the Silver Ranger persona, which gave him the ability to manipulate the Rangers into giving out very important information about their Zords and Chargers. After the revelation about his true identity to the Rangers as Riley had pointed out the one flaw in his claim about being forced to make the Dino Chargers when one of them was left by Arcanon, he was shown to be as maniacal as he could get as he attempted to assassinate the Rangers. Doomwing not only was good at impersonating his other half, but was also shown to be able to slip in a listening device on Tyler in an attempt to counter the Rangers' next plan, thus making him more of a trickster as well.
Nevertheless, he took deeply into consideration the opinion of his master, Lord Arcanon, as to how valuable he is. This was shown when he is hit hard by the fact Arcanon only considered him worthy and of use when he could morph into the Silver Ranger, and becomes depressed as a result, suggesting he had a dark heart, but at least superficially, like Zenowing's noble one. As time goes on after his third failure however, he was totally betrayed by the master who had created him and fought for by being left to get destroyed by the Rangers. Because he was Zenowing's evil half, he had a huge contempt for Zenowing due to knowing fully well that he would later be his undoing. The only reason he valued Zenowing was that he needed him to be able to morph into a Ranger by re-fusing with him.
Powers and Abilities
- Power-Doomwing was an incredibly powerful being with abilities that were far greater then the Rangers. Whilst powerful enough to be one of the mightiest generals, in the same league as Fury]] and Singe, and stronger than Wrench, Poisandra and Curio, Doomwing was not at the same level of power as Sledge, Lord Arcanon, Snide or Heckyl.
- Super Speed: Doomwing could go at blindingly fast speed.
- Forceful Takeover: When he was merged with Zenowing, Doomwing could force control away from him, although his good counterpart can do the same thing. He lost this ability after being separated by the Split Emitters.
- Flight: Being a bird-like alien, Doomwing could fly at high speed using his wings.
- Strength: Doomwing was strong enough to overwhelm all of the Rangers, even if they are fighting together and at full power. He is also shown to be stronger than Zenowing.
- Durability: Doomwing had incredibly thick skin that was strong enough to take the Dino Charge Ultrazord's Titano Cannon Final Strike without a scratch.
- Expert Technician: Doomwing was an expert technician since he was the one who created the Dino Charger replicas.
- Deception: Doomwing was able to deceive the Rangers into thinking he is the Silver Ranger. However he was exposed when Riley showed the others a copy of the Dino Charger that was left behind when he retreated with his fellow villains.
- Expert Hand to Hand Combatant and Swordsman-Doomwing was an expert hand to hand fighter and swordsman, proving stronger than Tyler in even his T-Rex Super Charge Mode and being a match for Zenowing.
- Attack Replication: Being created from Zenowing, Doomwing could copy his opponent's attacks while perfecting them.
- Fire Sword: Doomwing wielded a flame-themed sword, which contained the Silver Energem until Zenowing retrieved it. It was the equivalent to Zenowing's Titano Saber.
- Lightning Beam: Doomwing could fire red lightning beams from his sword that, after changing back from Zenowing for the first time, took down all six Rangers with one blast.
- Silver Ranger Morph: Whilst bonded to Zenowing, Doomwing could use the Silver Energem in his sword to morph into the Silver Ranger. at will
- Doom Slash: Doomwing's strongest attack and counterpart to Zenowing's Silver Prism Slash where he charged up his sword with fire and make a red X-shaped mark in front of him, which he then launched at the enemy. It was powerful enough to take out all six Rangers and Zenowing in just one blast.
- Energy Empowerment: Doomwing could charge up his sword with red energy and slash at full force. It was strong enough to make a large glowing scar on the Green Ranger and put him into a coma.
- Doom Blast: Doomwing could shoot red blasts from the holes on the sides of his sword.
- Resurrection-Doomwing could send out a cloud of black smoke from the tip of his sword that resurrected Iceage, Stingrage, and Meteor.
- Listener: Doomwing planted a listener on Tyler's Dino Com to hear in on the Rangers' conversation although it failed.
Powers and Abilities
- Voice Disguising-When morphed as the Silver Ranger, Doomwing was able to disguise his voice to sound more normal when speaking through his message pod.
- Silver Strike-Doomwing's signature move as the Silver Ranger where he charges silver energy into his fist and then punches it forward, unleashing a small silver energy wave capable of knocking six Rangers away at once. It is his equivalent of Prince Philip's Royal Dino Punch.
- Strength-When fighting Tyler 1 on 1 after being exposed, he threw him high into the air just by his wrists.
- Titano Morph Blaster: Doomwing wielded the Titano Charge Morpher as his primary weapon while morphed.
- Dino Charger Copies: Doomwing wielded the exact copies of the Dino Chargers, allowing him to control the Dino Charge Rangers' Zords.
Appearances: DSC Episodes 10-12, 14
Behind the Scenes
- Doomwing was portrayed by Mark Wright.
- Doomwing's fusion with Zenowing was a very similar scenario to one of Power Rangers Wild Force's villains Zen-Aku and his connection with the Lunar Wolf Ranger, Merrick Baliton.
- Coincidentally, both Zen-Aku and Doomwing possessed the respective Silver Rangers in their seasons.
- The only difference between the two was that Doomwing was able to morph into Zenowing's Ranger form but had no control over the Titano Zord and Zen-Aku is able to control Merrick's Wild Zords but was unable to morph into the Lunar Wolf Ranger.
- Coincidentally, both Zen-Aku and Doomwing possessed the respective Silver Rangers in their seasons.
- Doomwing was mentioned by Doctor K in the episode "The Evox Snare" of Power Rangers Beast Morphers Season 2 where she told Devon Daniels about the similar problem that happened to Zenowing who was trapped in the body of the evil Doomwing.
- Demon Sword Priest Mad Torin - Super Sentai counterpart in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger. See comparison page.
- Dantetsu Kiryu - Super Sentai counterpart in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger. See comparison page. (as the evil Silver Ranger)