|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Doomstone was a tombstone monster that resided in the Haunted Forest and was the secondary antagonist of the episode "Zedd's Monster Mash."
Doomstone served Lord Zedd and resided in the Haunted Forest in another dimension where all of Zedd and Rita Repulsa's deceased monsters went in the afterlife. On Halloween, Lord Zedd was very happy to see a holiday that he could enjoy and asked Goldar for advice who suggested pulling a Frankenstein Monster-esque move by infiltrating the party with a monster. Zedd was less than impressed as he thought that they could have their own "party" and decided that it would be a good time to take out Tommy and leave the Power Rangers so weak that a monster on the same power level as Nimrod the Scarlet Sentinel could destroy them. Using some Putties disguised as children in Power Ranger uniforms, Goldar sent Tommy to the Haunted Forest with the Key Monster sealing the dimension shut. At that point, Doomstone revealed himself and the resurrected Pumpkin Rapper and the Robogoat grabbed Tommy when he tried to morph and Doomstone snatched away his Morpher before introducing his compatriots.
However, Tommy easily kicked both monsters down as well as Doomstone before running whilst the trio pursued him so he ran forth and kicked them both just to get grabbed by the Robogoat so that the Pumpkin Rapper could kick him. However, he was unfazed and pulled out the Robogoat's leg from under him before running up the trunk of a tree and back-flipping off just to kick them down though Doomstone then threw him away through the air. Billy and Kimberly quickly arrived to help Tommy but, with Jason, Zack and Trini off babysitting other children, they were on their own until they could drop off their kids at the Youth Center so that Alpha could notify them of the problem. Luckily, as Kimberly decked the Robogoat by front flipping multiple times and double kicked him in the chest, Billy kicked Doomstone and took back Tommy's Morpher from the monster and gave it to Tommy who then morphed. With the odds heavily against him, Doomstone resurrected the Primator but he was so pathetic that he went down with a single kick to the gut from Kimberly. He then immediately resurrected the Rhinoblaster, the Invenusable Flytrap and the Snizzard but the three Power Rangers were able to easily handle all the earlier defeated foes. Shortly after that, the remaining three Rangers arrived at which point Zedd made the Pumpkin Rapper grow which automatically released the Rangers somehow. Doomstone and the Haunted Forest's fate remain unclear though it likely remains in existence with Doomstone as its guardian to this day. Alternatively, Zordon's Energy Wave may have destroyed him four years later although that is unlikely since it didn't seem to reach outside of our normal dimension.
Doomstone was a cunning, sneaky, and manipulative monster who was shown to be very faithful to Lord Zedd. He happily aided his master with his plan to defeat the Power Rangers though he was very single minded as his sole tactic to more Rangers arriving was summoning dead monsters.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Doomstone possessed sufficient strength to snatch Tommy's Morpher one-handed as well as pick up and throw him by the back of his neck like a piece of paper.
- Durability: Doomstone was kicked in the face by Tommy hard enough that he fell over fall but wasn’t hurt.
- Resurrection: Doomstone's signature power where he could bring past monsters back to life by pointing and summoning white-purple energy to manifest new physical forms for them.
- Depth Perception: Doomstone has depth perception despite having just a single eye.
- Fists: Doomstone had no weapons of his own with which he was easily able to snatch Tommy's Morpher away from him as well as toss him around.
Behind the Scenes
- Doomstone was voiced by Tom Wyner who gave him a stereotypical Transylvanian accent.
- Although derived from Dairanger, no footage of Company President Gravestone was used. This was because all of his footage (including two Zord fights and one against the Mega Tigerzord) involved Boss Kamikaze and Teacher Telephone who went completely unused. The former was due to a hachimaki on his head that would have seemed insensitive to victims of the kamikazes in WW2 and the latter was unusable due to being massively oversexualized.
- In fact, had they not received the suit from Toei, Doomstone would likely not have been created at all for that reason and President Gravestone would have been skipped over like his compatriots.
- Ironically, the unclear status of Doomstone was the same in Dairanger as well since the group that he belonged to just vanished near the end and never reappeared.
- Company President Gravestone had a fake looking cross on his back whereas Doomstone did not. Assuming that it wasn't lost en route to the U.S.A., it was likely taken off due to religious imagery.
- Doomstone shared his name with a playable character from the Skylanders video game series.
- Unlike this Doomstone however, the Skylanders character had a space in his name and was heroic.
- Doomstone was the first monster in the series who summoned previously defeated monsters with the second being the Terror Blossom who appeared two episodes after Doomstone.
- Company President Gravestone - Super Sentai counterpart in Gosei Sentai Dairanger. See comparison page.