|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
Doomsnake was a basilisk-themed Sporix Beast and the seventh or eighth Sporix Beast from the Sporix Army to awaken. He was a minor antagonist in the episode "Unexpected Guest" and later returned as one of the secondary antagonists of the episode "Jam Session". He is the final Sporix Beast to serve Tarrick before his short-lived defection from his group.
Great Sporix Wars
Over 65 million years ago, Doomsnake and the other Sporix Beasts invaded Rafkon, the home planet of Zayto. Though he and his fellow Knights of Rafkon fought hard, the Sporix ravaged Rafkon and removed all traces of life from the planet. The Sporix then turned their attention to Earth but Zayto and the remaining Knights had managed to escape Rafkon and tracked the Sporix Beasts to Earth where they engaged them in battle with the help of the dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. Despite the Knights initially having the upper-hand against the Sporix, most of them grew enough in power over time to grow giant and force the Knights of Rafkon and thier dinosaur allies to retreat. When all seemed lost however, the Morphin Masters arrived and bestowed the Morphin Grid's powers to Zayto and his followers, as the first Ancient Dino Fury Rangers which gave them the advantage they need to defeat the Sporix Beasts and seal them inside of their eggs.
When the Sporix are accidentally released in the modern day during Void Knight's invasion of Dinohenge, Doomsnake's egg is amongst the Sporix that escape.
Sometime after he escaped, Doomsnake hatches off-screen and allies with Void Knight who uses him as a sacrifice to battle the Dino Fury Rangers for his plan. Off-screen, he encounters them and grows giant which leads us to him appearing already giant sized and fighting against the Dino Fury Megazord Blade Formation. Although Doomsnake lands a powerful slash at the Megazord, the Rangers defeat him with the Mega Slash, reverting him back into a Sporix Cell. However, it seems that his appearance was all but a distraction for the Rangers as Void Knight orders Wolfgang to unleash his sonic howl at the Megazord, completely dismantling it. Afterwards, Void Knight has Mucus pick up Doomsnake's Sporix Cell to which she does and overhears Mick Kanic talking about the Nexus Prism before teleporting away.
Later on, Doomsnake hatches out when his Sporix was released from Void Knight's machine. While Void Knight was happy to have more muscle, he warned him it was his last chance. The Beast goes to the city with Void Knight and Slyther and fights the Rangers when they came. The Rangers put a sleep spell on him before he can go giant. When he and the rest of the gang find out the Rangers are looking for a new Zord called the Ptera Freeze Zord, they teleported out of the base. They meet up where the Ranger were to steal the Zord. When Void Knight felt that he, Mucus, and Slyther failed, the monster wanted to prove him wrong and went on at the Rangers feeling like it was his time to shine. He went on against Javi and was neutralized when the Black Ranger used the Fury Smash move with the Smash Battle Armor. After reverting back to his Sporix Cell form, Izzy obtained him for the Rangers.
It would seem Doomsnake was a brute who wanted to "cut to the chase" before the Rangers destroyed him. Due to him appearing for a short time, he had the least amount of a personality shown unlike the other Sporix Beasts before him.
Powers and Abilities
- Enlarging: Doomsnake could enlarge himself through the energy he gained in battle over time.
- Laser Vision: As seen in the flashback of the Great Sporix Wars, Doomsnake could fire red-orange energy lasers from his eyes.
- Teleportation: Doomsnake is able to teleport in a purple energy column.
- Doomsnake had no abilities.
- Little Durability: Doomsnake wasn't that much durable as he was easily beaten by the Dino Fury Megazord Blade Formation.
- Vulnerability to Sleep Inducement: Doomsnake can be put to sleep, as seen when Ollie used the Snooze Dino Key on him.
- Claws: Despite lacking weapons, Doomsnake could fight with his clawed hands.
- Energy Empowerment: Doomsnake could charge up his claws with purple energy to deliver a devastating energized slash.
- Shockwave: Doomsnake can release blue shockwaves from his claws.
Behind the Scenes
to be added
to be added
- Doomsnake was the first Sporix Beast to be grabbed by fellow Sporix Beast Mucus and the first Sporix Beast not to be a major enemy in the episode as he was destroyed rather quickly, having only about 30 seconds of footage.
- However this would be rectified in his reappearance in Jam Session, Doomsnake is shown much more as he's more of a major enemy in the episode and once again only shown in original footage as he was used to have Javi use the Smash Battle Armor to turn him back into a Sporix Cell.
- Doomsnake is the first confirmed Sporix to be regained by the Rangers after previously losing his Sporix to Void Knight and the first Sporix Beast to hatch again after being defeated and reverted back to its Sporix Cell form.
- Doomsnake's Megazord fight was partially original. His Megazord fight footage was spliced with Ryusoulger episode 9's Megazord fight as his Sentai counterpart never grew giant and was destroyed very quickly.
- Doomsnake was used to rectify a detail in Ryusoulger; the Dino Fury Megazord Blade Formation's counterpart did not debut until after the destruction of Boomtower's Sentai counterpart which would not make much sense as Boomtower was defeated by the Megazord combining all Zords and given they show formations like the Dino Fury Megazord Spike and Claw Formations beforehand, it would not make sense to show the Blade and Hammer Formations as being pre-established when they were not as they debuted much later. Due to Dino Fury's story needing to showcase this formation before they did the Warrior Formation to make it believable that all four formations are combined into one, they spliced some footage that involved this formation to accomplish the original Zord fight.
- Power Rangers Dino Fury