|This article is about a/an villain in Lupinranger VS Patranger.|
- "It has been 500 years since I united the Ganglers. Extortion, stealing, and killing...It's been a fun life, but I've grown weary of it. Therefore... I want to choose a successor. There is only one requirement. The one who seizes the human world is the next boss. I, Dogranio Yaboon, will give everything I have amassed to the strongest among you!"
- ―Dogranio announcing his retirement and intent of finding a successor[src]
Dogranio Yaboon (ドグラニオ・ヤーブン Doguranio Yābun), alternatively spelt Dogranio Yarbun, was a crime lord and the leader of Interdimensional Crime Group Gangler. He was 1000 years old and had held his title as the leader of the group for over 500 years. He was also responsible for killing Arsène Lupin.
In the end, Dogranio Yaboon was incarcerated by the Global Special Police Organization Japan Branch in a maximum security prison. He was later broken out by his revived Gangler cohorts, but was soon defeated and destroyed for good.
With his followers, Dogranio Yaboon had personally seized the Lupin Collection, an assembly of immensely powerful items collected by the legendary thief Arsène Lupin, while killing the said thief in the process, leaving the wreckage behind for a horrified Noel.
Arriving in his mansion alongside his bodyguard Destra Majjo, he was wished a happy 999th birthday by his syndicate's members and medic Goche Ru Medou. Announcing his looking forward to retirement, he challenged his syndicate members to whoever conquered Earth first, shall become the new leader.
In a bid to succeed Dogranio, artist Namero Bacho used his sculpting power to transform a building into a statue of the Gangler boss. Dogranio abided this blatant act, explaining to Destra that the methods did not matter, only the result. Ultimately, however, the statue was destroyed having been caught in the crossfire as Namero was defeated by PatKaiser, leaving only the feet standing.
After the Gangler Rabroom Jaws had kidnapped several humans, Goche approached Dogranio to request that he purchase some for her experiments. He agreed, despite Destra's objections, saying that trades are a part of running a gang.
When Destra returned to the Back World, Dogranio questioned him on what he was doing. After Destra explained and informed him of his informant, Dogranio went and asked if it was Zamigo. After Destra confirmed it, Dogranio mused on how interesting it would be to make Zamigo his next successor.
Eventually, Dogranio finds Raimon and his gang having meals at his table, with Raimon sitting on Dogranio's chair. Destra was infuriated with Raimon's discourtness and forced him off the chair. Raimon smugly claimed the seat will be him sooner or later and question if Dogranio has objection against the former being the new successor. Instead of rejecting Raimon, Dogranio amusingly look forward to Raimon's action.
Upon witnessing Raimon's lackeys defeat and Raimon himself in the hands of both Sentai teams, Dogranio began to have doubts about retiring and decides to ponder.
After the defeat of Goche, Dogranio decided to take matters into his own hands. Using the Lupin Collection, the boss enlarged himself and caused massive destruction in the human world. He easily defeated the heroes' robots while revealing that his chains are absolutely unbreakable. Satisfied with this victory, Dogranio retreated and promised to come back later.
Next day, Dogranio was engaged by the Patrangers. Their battle crossed paths with the fight between Zamigo and the Lupinrangers. Zamigo requested the Gangler head to let him and the Lupinrangers fight in his safe. Amused, Dogranio agreed and opened his safe, sucking both sides into the dimension inside. Dogranio resumed his fight with the Patrangers. Even after realizing that Zamigo had lost, he remained confident that the Lupinrangers would be trapped forever. GSPO in a maximum security prison.With the unimaginable powers of the Lupin Collection, Dogranio overwhelmed the police Rangers and were about to execute them. However, his powers suddenly disappeared as the Lupinrangers inside his safe were grabbing and transporting the treasure pieces away. Now weakened and powerless, Dogranio was easily subdued by the Patrangers, but still refused to release the Lupinrangers. He was arrested and incarcerated by the
Some time later, Dogranio suddenly felt his body hijacked by an unknown force, which forcefully made him open the safe and release the trapped thieves inside.
Dogranio was later rescued by Goche and Destra, who were revived by Kazemi's Yesterday once again. Dogranio managed to take Magic Dial Fighter and put it in his safe. The Ganglers launched a full invasion of Earth and easily overpowered the heroes. Thanks to the cheers of the audience, the tide was turned, and Magic Dial Fighter inside his safe rendered his invincible chains useless. After having the treasure piece stolen, Dogranio and his generals were destroyed once and for all by the combined finishers from both Patrangers and Lupinrangers.
As the boss of the Gangler, Dogranio Yaboon enjoyed the crimes committed by his group, however, after 500 years as boss, he has started to feel bored with it. He is slightly laid back and easy-going but does not hesitate to dispose of any henchman disappointing him.
Despite being the boss of a crime syndicate, Dogranio has shown that he genuinely cares for those close to him. After Destra Majjo's death, Dogranio is seen mourning him silently in sadness alone, pouring a glass of wine for him, remarking that he was "one hell of a right-hand man". Despite that he has trusted Goche for a long time, Dogranio later betrays her when he uses Golden Safe to get all the Lupin Collection pieces she used from her and the Experimental Body.
Following a confession from Zamigo, he completely drops his usual boss persona, revealing he was disgusted by the younger thoughts on him, deciding to show the young upstarts that despite his age, he will rampage and cause as much chaos it take for him to be satisfied, showing the true tyrannical villain within.
Powers and Abilities
Unlike the other Ganglers, his safe, dubbed “Status Gold: Physical Protection” by Noel, is chained and said to contain an infinite space that allows him to hold multiple collection pieces and utilize their powers simultaneously. The chains are extremely durable and could not be broken even by Yaboon himself,and only disappear when he allows the safe to open.
- Longevity: As said on the first episode, he is 999 years old, which confirms his high level of longevity.
- Strength: He is very powerful, easily defeating Sakuya and Tsukasa from a long distance.
- Blade Projection: By simply touching his shoulder-strap with his cane, he can release a circular blade at an unseeable speed from a considerable distance that not only knocks out multiple target at once, but also causes a huge explosion.
- Close Combat Skills: Despite what most would think from someone as old as him, Dogranio has proven himself to be highly capaple of close quarters combat, easily able to take out Victory LupinKaiser, one of the strongest mecha in the VS Sentai's arsenal. At normal size, his power was enough to take out even Patren Ugou, who was practically unmatched against prior Ganglers.
- Portal Creation: Like his generals, Dogranio can open a portal between his dimension and Earth.
- Dark Energy Blast: Dogranio can generate dark energy and fire it from the grip of his Gangladius.
- Lupin Collection:
- Enlarging: With the help of the Get big/Gros caliber syringe, Dogranio is able to enlarge himself.
- Lupin Collection Removal: Due to an unknown treasure equipped in his safe, Dogranio Yaboon can unlock the safes on Gangler Monsters and steal their Lupin Collection pieces.
- Electrokinesis: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio Yaboon can shoot electricity from his cane or create electric orbs.
- Energy Field: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio Yaboon is able to project an energy field to reflect the opponent's attacks.
- Geokinesis: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio Yaboon can manipulate rocks.
- Sculpting: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio Yaboon can shape rocks into spikes.
- Fire Generation: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio Yaboon is able to generate fire.
- Ultimate Energy Blast: Dogranio Yaboon's ultimate attack and the most powerful attack used in Lupinranger Vs Patrangers. Dogranio would pose feet apart and charge up one of his hands with dark purple energy and fire a massive energy beam strong enough to rip open the street and counter Super Patren 1gou's finisher.
- Mirrors: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio Yaboon can create mirrors and reflect his opponent's attack between them repeatedly.
- Energy Bomb: By combining the powers of multiple Lupin Collection pieces in his safe, Dogranio Yaboon can create a bomb that is able to obliterate a part of the city.
- Shadow Binding: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio can manipulate his shadow to trap his opponents in shadow tendrils.
- Water Generation: Due to an unknown treasure equipped within his safe, Dogranio can generate water and launch it at his opponents.
to be added
- Safe Infiltration: He cannot control what happens inside his safe, and was helpless when the Lupinrangers stole his Lupin Collection pieces. In addition, Jackpot Striker was also capable of controlling even him.
- Old Age: It was pointed out by Noel, since he is 1000 years old, he was not as powerful as he used to be and he had to rely on the Collection to be an actual threat to the human world. Due to that, after the collection pieces were taken from him, the Patrangers had no trouble neutralizing him on their final battle.
- Gangladius (ギャングラディウス Gyanguradiusu): Dogranio wields a reverse-grip blade concealed as a walking stick. He can use both forms for melee combat.
- Claw Gauntlet: Using an unnamed Lupin Collection piece, Dogranio manifested a golden claw gauntlet on his left arm that can fire gold energy slashes.
- Physical Protect Chains (フィジカル・プロテクト・チェーン Fijikaru Purotekuto Chēn): The chains that cover Dogranio's body which he can manipulate in defensive and offensive ways. Dogranio stated that nothing can cut or destroy his chains, not even himself.
- Chain Shield: He can use the chains to form a shielding sphere around himself, allowing him to survive even a supercharged blast from Super Patren 1gou.
- Chain Tentacles: He can use the chains as tentacles to attack the enemies.
- Criminal Record: Murder of Arsène Lupin, theft of the Lupin Collection, invasion of the Human World, conspiracy to murder of police officer, mass destruction of properties, terrorism, resisting arrest, unlawful restraint of the Lupinrangers.
- Lupin Collection: Various
- Gangler Safe Location: Chest
- Password Number: 9-8-1-1-1-6
- Safe Designation: Status Gold (Physical Protection)
Behind the Scenes
- Dogranio's design is based on Godzilla and Tyrannosaurus.
Dogranio Yaboon's name is derived from the Japanese word "oyabun" (親分), which is a title Yakuza members called their boss. The "Don" at the beginning of his name is also a title for a crime boss in the Mafia.
- While Dogranio is not the first Main Sentai Villain not to die within their respective series (he is preceded by Witch Bandora, Arch Priest Gajah, Long and Emperor of Darkness Z), he is the first one to survive the series but is later destroyed in an epilogue special (a stageshow in this case).