|This article is about a/an set of power source in Power Rangers Dino Thunder.|
The Dino Gems are the source of power for the Dino Rangers. They were salvaged from the meteorite that crashed into earth, millions of years ago, destroying the dinosaur population. Five Dino Gems of different colors (red, blue, yellow, black, and white) were found.
The Gems' powers do not belong to whoever holds the gems; instead, the Gems wait for an ideal beneficiary to grab them, before they will permanently transfer their powers into that beneficiary's DNA. This bonding is permanent, and only the death of the beneficiary can return the powers to the Gem. However, energy can apparently be drained from them without the need for the bond. Along with super powers, the Gems also serve as communication mediums between other Gems, like a set of five wrist-worn walkie-talkies.
After finding the Red, Blue, Yellow Gems, Dr. Thomas Oliver knew the risks of them falling into the wrong hands, and hid them. He also solicited Hayley Ziktor to create four Dino Morphers, which can harness the powers of the Dino Gems, allowing the beneficiaries to become Power Rangers. After Conner, Ethan, and Kira bonded with the red, blue, and yellow gems, they were given three of the morphers. Mesogog discovered the Black Dino Gem encased in amber, and captured Dr. Oliver. The good doctor managed to escape, with the Black Gem's powers bonding to him and allowing him use of the black morpher. Mesogog also had the White Gem, and secretly created his own Ranger morpher to utilize its powers; this later came into the possession of Trent Mercer
The Dino Gems were later drained of their power when the Rangers used it to destroy Mesogog for good, likely negating the Rangers' special abilities as well. Kira's gem was temporarily restored by the Sentinel Knight to allow her to fight alongside the Retro Rangers. Subsequently, the gems were also restored to an extent when they joined the Legendary Rangers. The gems were restored again when they joined the Legendary Dino Rangers. Sometime in the future, Broodwing found and restored their gems, bringing the Rangers from the past as part of a plot to destroy the B-Squad Rangers.
Since it was established that Morphin Grid is the source of power harnessed by all Power Rangers generations, both Morphin Grid and the Dino Gems are arguably linked, which further explained how the Gems enable the users to transform into Dino Rangers.
- Red Dino Gem: Dino Gem of the Red Dino Ranger. Grants the user superhuman speed.
- Blue Dino Gem: Dino Gem of the Blue Dino Ranger. Grants the user super armored skin that can protect against physical attacks.
- Yellow Dino Gem: Dino Gem of the Yellow Dino Ranger. Grants the user the ability to emit the "Ptera-Scream", a blast like sonic screech from their mouth.
- Black Dino Gem: Dino Gem of the Black Dino Ranger. Grants the user invisibility.
- White Dino Gem: Dino Gem of the White Dino Ranger. Grants the user the ability to use a camouflage similar to a chameleon and super speed.
- While not confirmed or denied, it is possible that if the Triassic Ranger were a separate Ranger, a Dino Gem would be produced if the Shield of Triumph itself was not the morpher.