|This article is about a/an Ranger in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.|
- "Virus Eliminated!"
- ―Victory catchphrase[src]
Becoming a Ranger
Devon Daniels is the son of Mayor Adam Daniels. He is a brown belt in karate, loves to play video games, and not much into serious work, much to the chagrin of his father. Upon discovering that his father was up for a trip to Grid Battleforce, which Devon knows houses an advanced battle simulator, he copies the barcode on his father's guest pass. Having entered, he gets mistaken for an employee and sent to the Morphing Lab, where he witnesses Evox corrupting the system. He gets caught and tries to warn Commander Shaw and system creator Nate Silva of the virus but gets detained instead. His holding cell's door breaks down once Evox takes over the system and he finds himself in the line of fire. He saves Ravi Shaw from getting turned into an avatar and helps him and laundry girl Zoey Reeves fight off the evil avatars of those who would have been Rangers. Nate forces the Red Ranger morph on Devon to give them a fighting chance. As he is now the Red Ranger, with animal DNA infused in him, Grid Battleforce takes him in.
On his first day at Grid Battleforce, he is introduced to Cruise, his Beast Bot sidekick and was shown his Beast Racer Zord. Later in the area of a warehouse district, Blaze and Scrozzle had arrived to steal Morph-X, then Devon, Ravi, and Zoey arrived along with Ben and Betty who watched the rangers in action against Blaze as he morphed and summoned the Tronics to attack the rangers, but Devon intended to defeat the Blaze and to retrieve the Morph-X. With a small amount of luck, the rangers morphed and attacked the Tronics while Blaze and Scrozzle fled with an good amount of Morph-X.
Red Fury Mode
Nate used a Fury Cell to give Devon his Red Fury Mode, which Devon then used to destroy Tubatron 2.0. The energy of the Fury Cell slowly began to corrupt Devon, making him more aggressive and arrogant. When Roxy later tried to use one of the remaining rage cells to empower Burnertron, Devon, whose own cell was nearly empty, stole it from her. He then restored the power supply of his Fury Mode and easily defeated Roxy and Burnertron, because of this, the other Rangers became concerned about Devon's behavior.
Nate later ran a test on Devon's DNA and confirmed that the Fury Cell was negatively affecting Devon's brain functions, replacing human responses with more primitive ones. Devon insisted that there was nothing wrong with him and that the Fury Mode was his best chance to destroy Evox. The other Rangers pleaded Devon to stop using the Fury Cells, but he refused and left, claiming that he no longer needed a team.
After this Roxy and Burnertron attacked the city again, luring Devon and tricking him into taking the last Fury Cell. However, Ravi took it before Devon could use it. The two Rangers fought, with Devon using his Fury Mode and Ravi using his gorilla strength. Devon beat Ravi and took the last cell from him. However, at that moment, his current Fury Cell ran out of power. After being free from the influence of the Fury Cell, Devon regained consciousness and destroyed the last Fury Cell. He then threw the Cell's fragments at Roxy, damaging her and forcing her to retreat.
When a squad of Tronics attacked Mayor Daniel’s campaign rally, Devon was forced to run off to join the other Rangers in battle, disappointing his father as it made it look like he ran away like a coward.
After Blaze turns on two of the three Mega Transporters, Devon attacks him before he can activate the last one. Devon then summons the Cheetah Claws to fight, but despite his best efforts, Blaze traps him in his cables and shocks him. The blast causes Devon to demorph, and his father, who was hiding, sees him, discovering that his son is the Red Ranger. Blaze then activates the third Mega Transporter, transporting both the Morph-X tower and himself with a captured Devon to the Cyber Dimension.
When Mayor Daniels goes through the recently rebuilt cybergate with a radio transmitter in order send the Rangers his coordinates, he finds Devon and rescues him, the two then have a talk about Devon being the Red Ranger, where his father apologizes for all the times he’s been hard on him in the past. Devon then reunites with his team, whom just had their zords destroyed by Evox, but Devon’s Racer Zord still worked so he uses it to go after the Morph-X tower in order to destroy it and stop Evox in the process, but he’s stopped by Blaze who also has his own Megazord. The two have a big fight with their Zords where Devon ultimately defeats Blaze’s avatar, who is killed by the obliteration of his Megazord which subsequently destroys the Morph-X tower along with it. The tower explodes, the Morph-X shockwave destroys Evox and the Rangers go back through the gate to Coral Harbor before the Cyber Dimension is completely destroyed. Everyone is safe but Mayor Daniels notices he’s glowing in purple, as Evox survived within the Mayor's body. Grid Battleforce then bestows a medal of honor to Devon and the other Rangers.
Saving his father
When Mayor Daniels leaves the building after starting to cough violently, everybody follows him out of concern, only for the former to forcibly change back to Evox, revealing to the Rangers that he indeed was in the Mayor's body all along. Evox then taunts Devon by saying that the real Mayor Daniels was gone, and that the Morphin Grid would be his. After this, Evox teleports away, leaving Devon shocked by the reveal.
In order to find a way to save his father, Devon starts researching in the Ranger archives, there he finds the information that in another dimension, Doctor K was able to stop the virus process that was changing Ranger Operator Series Black into a cyborg. Devon managed to make contact with Doctor K to ask for guidance in separating Evox and Mayor Daniels. She recommends using the Split Emitters to separate them, he later finds the Split Emitters in Nate's Ranger Vault.
Devon then tricks Evox into standing in blank range of the Split Emitters teleported from Grid Battleforce, successfully separating Evox from Mayor Daniels. Devon then runs to his father as the two embrace, while Scrozzle and a weaken Evox teleport away.
Final Battle against Evox
When Evox is revealed to be the Venjix Virus and completes himself after entering the Ranger Vault, extracting his final remains from the Cell Shift Morpher that once contained him, the Rangers go to face off against Evox with their Legendary Ranger Weapons, Devon using the Ninja Super Steel Blaster, but Evox summons past Robotrons to keep Devon and the other Rangers busy while he steps inside the swirling Morph-X. After Steel fails to defeat Evox with the Arrow that Nate and Doctor K developed, the robot is fatally wounded by Evox and supposedly dies. After this, Devon tells everyone at Grid Battleforce what happened and says that they are free to leave while the Rangers try to defeat Evox but everyone there decides to stay and help the Rangers in stopping the villain. When Evox grows into his final form, a massive robotic creature fifty times larger than any Gigadrone, the Rangers combine their remaining Zords into the Beast-X King Megazord and initiate Nate's plan, making Morph-X flow through their bodies. They then launch the Megazord at Evox, catching him off-guard, and plunge the Megazord's sword into his chest. Despite the strain of the Morph-X flow, the Rangers hold out long enough to drive their sword through Evox's armor. They channel their Morph-X-infused human DNA through the blade and into Evox himself, rapidly corrupting his systems and finally destroying Evox for good. Following Evox's defeat, all the Morph-X he absorbed returns to the Morphin' Grid. The Grid also resurrects Steel and makes him fully human.
One year after Evox is defeated, Devon was appointed by Commander Shaw who gave her position to him as the new Commander of Grid Battleforce and greets Colonel Mason Truman who told him that he and his team caught Scrozzle as Devon orders Grid Battleforce Guardians Ben and Betty to take Scrozzle to prison.
When the Rafkonian Ranger Zayto from the Dino Fury Rangers reads the Ninja Nexus Prism's mind he sees visions of multiples Rangers from the past, including one of Devon and the other Grid Battleforce Rangers seen during Steel's "death" .
Devon is briefly seen in a flashback via the Legendary Ranger Database alongside Ravi ,Zoey ,Steel and Nate whilst Ollie and Solon discover that the Compliance Collar used on Lord Zedd by Reaghoul has been used before.
When events set into motion by Lord Drakkon cause the timeline to split into a pocket universe, each anchored on a powerset. The Grid Battleforce Rangers are split off into their own pocket universe.
Devon eventually receives Zordon's call through the Morphin Grid and is among numerous Rangers who rally to his pocket dimension led by the Quantum Ranger for the last stand against Lord Drakkon, reunited in the Command Center.
Battle on Moon
Devon and the other Rangers have their morphers upgraded by Doctor K, she prepares among other Rangers to teleported on the Moon of the World of the Coinless for the fight against Lord Drakkon against his Ranger Sentries.
Devon's timeline is later restored by the Mighty Morphin Rangers after they defeated Drakkon.
Visions of Jason
Devon as Grid Battleforce Red Ranger along with Zoey, Ravi, Blaze and other several Rangers are seen in Jason Lee Scott's flashback, Zoey try to help Ravi against Drakkon. Devon witness that how Drakkon defeated his friends, as a result he is the only Grid Battleforce Ranger standing since he use his Beast-X Saber against Drakkon, but is brutally killed by Drakkon.
The Emissaries Seeing the Realities
When the Yellow Emissary observes all the Ranger realities, Devon is seen briefly along with other Grid Battleforce Rangers fighting against several Tronics and the two Cybervillains Blaze and Roxy.
Video game appearances
Power Rangers Legacy Wars
Devon, as the Grid Battleforce Red Ranger, is a playable character in Power Rangers Legacy Wars,he is a Legendary (Leader), Legendary (Assist) character,and represents Grid Battleforce Rangers.
Devon was impatient and a rule breaker, but also seeks to find a challenge for himself. He also shows signs of being overconfident. He has a strong love for karate and video games, but dislikes the job positions that his father attempts to supply him with. However, despite all of these traits, Devon acts as a big brother for Ravi & Zoey, even reminding them to stop bickering. His big brother instinct eventually led Ravi & Zoey to appoint him as team leader because Devon himself was a natural born leader despite being a slacker. Upon discovering that Evox had possessed his father, he became shocked and horrified, but never gave up on finding a way to split his father from Evox.
His time as a Ranger helped shape him into a more centered, patient and mature leader, as it was shown during the aftermath of Steel's supposed death, were Devon was willing to stay behind with his team and fight Evox so that the rest of Grid Battleforce could run away and stay safe. All of this would come full circle for him when, one year later, Devon became the new Commander of Grid Battleforce.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Speed: Due to being linked with Cheetah DNA, Devon can move at extremely fast speed. When also using the Fury Cell in his new Battlizer, Devon became much more faster than his original powers were.
- Vortex Creation: Devon can move in a circle to create a vortex that was strong enough to blow away the debris that Ravi and Zoey were buried in by Slicertron.
- Wall Running: During his battle with Vargoyle, he was able to move fast enough that he can run on walls.
- Superhuman Strength: In Episode 15, Devon spotted two bank robbers trying to escape with bags full of cash, Devon quickly transformed then used the Red Fury Morph-X Key to transform into Red Fury Mode once again to catch the robbers who were trying to escape in their vehicle; they were caught red handed by Devon as he lifted up their vehicle. This ability was lost when Devon realized the Fury Cell powering his Fury Mode was slowly turning him evil and he had to discard it.
- Cynophobia: Due to being linked with Cheetah DNA that was semi-corrupted by Evox, whenever he confronts a dog (since cheetahs are part of the feline lineage as cats, and cats are scared of dogs) he will instantly freeze up, even in mid-air.
- Fury Cell Corruption (formerly): The Fury Cell was used to make any Robotron stronger, but then it was used to become Devon's new power-up. This does have one side effect to it; when Devon uses the power of the Fury Cell, it would slowly turn him evil and make him act out into anger with his team and/or commander. Later in Episode 15, a battle with a Robotron and the Rangers had occurred, but then Devon appeared to personally destroy the Robotron without his team's help. Roxy wanted Devon to use the last Fury Cell so he can become pure evil and turn against his friends, but he then quickly snatched the Fury Cell back and crushed it after realizing that the Cell was corrupting him and turning him against his own team.
- Adam Daniels - Father
- Unnamed mother
Grid Battleforce Red Ranger
- "It’s Morphin Time! Activate Beast Power!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
This form is the Red Ranger's default form used in battle against the Robotrons or other villainous characters. Devon can manually transform into the Red Ranger with using his Beast-X Morpher and Morph-X Key, however for him to be able to transform he must be bonded with the Cheetah DNA in order to morph into the Red Ranger. While piloting his Zord, Devon summons the Cheetah Beast Blaster to perform a finishing strike, however part of his helmet comes down onto his visor creating an alternate visor for him to use in Megazord Mode or his Battle Mode when only using his Racer Zord.
- Beast-X Morpher
- Red Morph-X Key
- Cable Strike
- Beast-X Blaster
- Beast-X Ultra Blaster
- Beast-X Saber
- Cheetah Beast Blaster: Devon's personal weapon of sorts that is used exclusively in the Megazord formations to power up the finishing strikes.
- Cheetah Claws
- Cheetah Blade
- Ninja Super Steel Blaster
- Racer Zord Battle Mode: Red Ranger's Megazord formed when his Beast Bot, Cruise combines with his Zord. It has three modes: Battle Mode, Cheetah Mode, and Linked Mode. It also becomes the torso and upper legs of Beast-X Megazord.
Appearances: BM S1 Episodes 1-22, BM S2 Episode 1-22
- "Activate Red Fury Mode!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
Red Fury Mode is the Red Ranger's (temporary) Battlizer Mode to use in battle against his enemies. While powerful, the Fury Cell that power this form don't usually last long, and has a side effect of slowly turning Devon evil. Fury Mode has been unusable since then, and would eventually be replaced with a much safer mode, Beast-X Mode.
- Cheetah Slash: Devon could charge up his claws with red energy and slash the Robotron with enough force to immediately obliterate them. This was able to destroy Tubatron 2.0
- to be added
- "Activate Beast-X Mode!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
Beast-X Mode is Red Ranger's power-up form. As Devon uses the Beast-X Visor, Cruise can transform into data that can transfer and project into the Red Beast-X Morph-X Key and combines himself with the suit to form a powerful armor known as Beast-X Mode.
- Beast-X Morpher
- Beast-X Visor
- Beast-X Blaster
- Beast-X Ultra Blaster
- Beast-X Saber
- Beast-X King Morpher
- Cheetah Charge: Devon projects a vortex of golden energy before him, surrounds himself with data schematics and charges into the vortex which changes him into a cheetah of pure red energy (similar to the Racer Zord Cheetah Mode) which would then plough through the Robotron with lethal force.
Appearances: BM S2 Episodes 5, 6, 9, 14-19, 22
Morph and Roll Call
The Red Beast-X Morph-X Key allows the user transform into Beast-X Mode Red Ranger for his form when he uses the Beast-X Mode form through the use of the Beast-X Morpher. This Morph-X Key is only exclusive by Hasbro toyline.
The Beast-X King Red Ranger Morph-X Key allows the user transform into Beast-X King Red Ranger form through the use of the Beast-X Morpher. This Morph-X Key is only exclusive by Hasbro toyline.
Behind the Scenes
- Devon Daniels is portrayed by Rorrie D. Travis.
- As the Red Beast Morphers Ranger, his suit actor was Masaaki Nitta (新田匡章 Nitta Masaaki). (And Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi) and Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi) in Super Sentai footage from Go-Busters).
- He is the first Red Ranger to have a cheetah theme.
- As the scans for three new figures had revealed for the Beast Morphers toyline, the Red Ranger was revealed to gain a new battle mode called Fury Mode, which became an extra form only for the Red Ranger to access with.