|This article is about a/an Nighlok Monster in Power Rangers Samurai.|
- "This is just the calm before the REAL storm!"
- ―Desperaino when becoming a Mega-Monster.[src]
- "So this is despair? This isn’t delightful at all! Ahh!"
- ―Desperaino’s final words before his second death.[src]
Despraino is a despair/rain/umbrella-themed Nighlok who has the ability to open a rain cloud above his victims' heads, causing them to encounter the most terrible misery of all: The loss of hope. He is armed with a spear that shoots bullets. He can open the umbrella-like object on his head to fly so he can have an advantage over land-ridden fighters. After Mike learns to master the forest powers, he is destroyed by a forest attack. He was resurrected as a mega-monster but he was then destroyed by the Samurai Battlewing.
Desperaino later attended a Halloween party at the Nighlok Heaven where he recounts his battles with the Samurai Rangers.
Powers and Abilities
- Flying: By opening the umbrella above his head, he is able to fly.
- Despair Cloud: He can create a cloud of despair to make anyone who touches the rain full of despair.
- Spear: Desperaino is armed with a spear in battle.
- Lazers: He can also fire lazers from his spear.
Behind the Scenes
- Desperaino is voiced by Peter Gentil.
- He is voiced by the same voice actor as Yamiror.