|This article is about a/an monster in Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.|
Deathworms (デスワーム Desuwāmu) are creatures living in underground and come out for hunting any living species.
During her final battle against the Kyurangers on planet Southern Cross in the Minami Juuji System, Mecha Madakko summoned a Deathworm to back her up against Kyutamajin. Attempting to constrict the Kyurangers, the Deathworm was quickly repulsed by Kyutamas before being strafed alongside Mecha Madakko by the Orion Voyager, proceeding to engage Kyutamajin as Mecha Madakko fought the Orion Battler. Ultimately, the Deathworm was worn down by Kyutamajin's Meteor Booster before being destroyed alongside Mecha Madakko by the Orion Big Bang Cannon.
The Deathworm is a feral and mindless creature with an insatiable appetite.
Powers and Abilities
- Insatiable Appetite: The Deathworm is able to consume a massive amount of matter, even to consume all life within a city.
- Hole Mouth (ホールマウス Hōrumausu): The mouth on his head & shoulders can make him eat a lot.
- Self Enlarging: Deathworms can enlarge themselves at will.
- Longevity: A single Deathworm lived for at least 333 years carrying the Tomo Kyutama inside its body.
- Hand Whip: It used its hand whips in combat.
Behind the Scenes
The different Deathworms are portrayed by suit actors Hiroyuki Muraoka (村岡 弘之 Muraoka Hiroyuki), Keizo Yabe (矢部 敬三 Yabe Keizō), Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko), and Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi).
- Deathworm's design is based on Mongolian Death Worm.
- Deathworm were designed by Ryosuke Shibuya.
- It is not affiliated with Jark Matter, and it is never explained how it manages to get into Earth, as dialogues implies it is not an Earth native creature.
- also it was a re-design version of Hades Beast Worm.