|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "This is your last chance! Surrender!"
- ―Dark Warrior upon being grown.[src]
The Dark Warrior is a stealthy, army-colored ninja monster who served as the titular main antagonist of the episode of the same name.
The Dark Warrior was created by Finster to capture Trini's uncle Howard and make him open the formula of invisibility. Dark Warrior, with an army of Putties, captured Howard and threatened to kill him, unless he reveal the formula of invisibility that he invented. Howard refused and the monster tied him to the bomb to kill him. He sent Trini a letter, where he wrote to give him the formula. However, the Rangers with the help of Billy, saved him and deactivated the bomb. Zordon then told the Rangers that the Dark Warrior was in the Park for whatever reason so they went to confront him. He proved much too strong for them and was very fast in the battle, even reflecting Power Bow arrows from Kimberly with his sword. He also could shoot with powerful energy blasts from a cannon on his wrist which knocked down the Rangers and shot Trini out of the air at which point Rita enlarged him.
Upon growing, Dark Warrior gained a chain with a blade on one end and iron balls on the other end. The Rangers summoned their Dinozords which he blasted but they were unfazed and formed Tank Mode. It blasted him but he handstanded away and blasted them with his cannon so they formed the Megazord in Battle Mode. He tried to overwhelm it with his sword but it blocked after two hits, knocked it away into the air, and punched him down. However, he then produced his chain and wrapped it around the Megazord's neck, pulling it around easily. However, Jason summoned the Power Sword which cut the chain, stunning the Dark Warrior long enough for them to destroy him with an energized slash.
Dark Warrior was a violent, sadistic and ruthless monster. He is highly abusive and horrifying as he threatened Trini's uncle Howard and wanted him to open secret of his formula. He is also very arrogant and confident as he managed to fight the rangers and underestimated them, which led to his defeat. In spite of these issues, he is also very loyal to Rita.
Powers and abilities
- Strength: The Dark Warrior could easily take down a Ranger with a single swing of his sword as well as knock back the Megazord with several as well as pulling it around the battlefield with just his chain.
- Durability: The Dark Warrior was blasted by Tank Mode's cannons and just rolled out of the way and a single punch from the Megazord only knocked him down for a second.
- Speed: The Dark Warrior was able to rush about and slash the Megazord faster than it could react.
- Invisibility: Although this was never actually shown, this was a requirement Rita set for the monster's creation.
- Agility: Dark Warrior is very agile monster who was was easily able to dodge and duck kicks from Zack, handstands away from the Tank Mode's cannon blasts, and rolled to his feet after being punched down.
- Hand to Hand Combat: The Dark Warrior was able to effortlessly overpower both all five Rangers and the Megazord with ease.
- Katana: The Dark Warrior wields a katana in battle as his primary weapon which was able to deflect Power Bow arrows.
- Laser Cannon: The Dark Warrior has a cannon on his wrist, which can shoot white energy blasts which could take out all five Rangers in one hit.
- Chain and Sickle: The Dark Warrior wields a chain with a sickle blade on one side and a counterweight on the other. The chain could be used to restrain his enemies whilst the sickle could be used to hack at his enemies.
Behind The Scenes
- The Dark Warrior is the first monster to say something right after growing which would become common in Power Rangers, beginning with Mad Magnet in Ninja Storm.
- The Dark Warrior is also the first monster to speak after growing as opposed to just grunting or laughing.