|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Cyclops was created by Finster and Rita sent him to Earth. He disguised himself as the Dragonzord using his unique shapeshifting abilities and attacked Angel Grove Docks with it's tail and a missile barrage. The Rangers summoned the Dinozords and fought him with the Megazord. The Rangers couldn't defeat him until Tommy returned from the Dark Dimension and summoned the real Dragonzord. After Dragonzord hit him with it's tail, Cyclops temporarily lost his ability to shapeshift which left him completely open to attacks and outnumbered. Cyclops was forced to retreat before he would have received a nasty cut on him with the Power Sword.
Cyclops later returned and attacked Angel Grove again to draw attention away from the Green Candle. The aim was to cause so much chaos and destruction that the Rangers (who were trying to extinguish said candle) would be forced to return to Earth to kill him and thus the scheme would succeed. To this end, he disguised himself as the Dragonzord Battle Mode. Since the Rangers were occupied with the Green Candle, Tommy fought the monster alone and went into the Dragonzord's cockpit for the first time to more effectively fight the monster. It easily took the monster out of it's Battle Mode form but he easily recovered and changed into the Megazord. They were pretty evenly matched until the "Megazord" jump kicked the Dragonzord down. However, it quickly recovered and smacked the monster hard enough with it's hand to make him revert. He then changed into the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord but was still no match and was forcibly reverted by a smash to the front by the Dragonzord's tail. However, it was not enough to finish him off so the Rangers abandoned their mission to help Tommy and the Ultrazord was finally able to destroy him.
In spite of Cyclops' death, Rita accomplished her goal with the Green Candle. Tommy almost lost his powers to Rita but quickly transferred the remaining powers to Jason by giving up Tommy's Power Coin to protect it for the time being. This would allow him to summon the Dragon Shield, Dragon Dagger, and Dragonzord at any given time.
Cyclops was a sinister, brutish, destructive and horrifying monster. He was a formidable opponent for the Rangers and they were forced to combine their powers to defeat him.
Powers And Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Cyclops can easily overpower the Dragonzord with its bare hands and pick up and throw it by its tail with relative ease.
- Durability: Cyclops was mostly unharmed by the Dragonzord's missile barrage although it forced him out of his Dragonzord Battle Mode imitation and a smack to the chest of equal strength barely even made him stumble.
- Eye Lasers: Cyclops can fire a massive blue energy-swirl-like laser from his single eye.
- Teleportation: Cyclops can teleport to any location at will by vanishing into thin air after throwing his arms out in the air. This was done to flee his first fight.
- Shapeshifting: Cyclops' main ability where he can change his look by throwing his arms up at his sides and changing into a purple-orange swirl of energy that would then morph him into any of the Zords, although he only did this to be free of them.
- Finger Rockets: Whilst in his Dragonzord body, Cyclops can fire rockets from his fingers like the original.
- Fists: Cyclops uses just his bare hands in almost all of his forms but proved more than capable with them.
- Drill Tail: As the fake Dragonzord, Cyclops can use his tail as both a whip like weapon and a drill.
Behind The Scenes
- Cyclops was voiced by Richard Epcar who provides only grunts, growls and a single word.
- Cyclops is the final monster faced by Tommy before he loses his powers and the final monster he faces until the Dramole 15 episodes later.
- Cyclops is only seen human sized once (after being created) and transformed only when giant so it is unknown if he could shapeshift in human size.
- Cyclops is the second and final monster to pick up and twirl around the Dragonzord, the first being Frankenstein's Monster.
- However, the actual use of the Dragonzord is different. Frankenstein originally used it as a club to smack the Megazord with whereas Cyclops just does this to throw it down.
- Power Rangers had a better reason for Cyclops to leave than Zyuranger. In Power Rangers, he fled because his shapeshifting powers needed time to recover whereas he leaves for no reason in Zyuranger after displaying his powers.
- Dora Gansaku - Super Sentai counterpart in Zyuranger. See comparison page.
- Hades Warrior God Cyclops-A villain with a very similar name from Magiranger.