|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
- "Just keep walking."
- ―Cruel Chrome's first words when he was created[src]
- "This can’t be good."
- ―Cruel Chrome's Final words before his death.[src]
Cruel Chrome was created by Prince Gasket from Detective Jerome Stone's waverunner. He was able to fire a hazardous water-like substance on the Rangers from a hose-like weapon. The Rangers received an antidote, they delivered a pounding to the monster, whose watery substance this time had no effect on the Rangers. Cruel Chrome then grew into a giant and had spikes from his hands and feet. The Rangers called on their Super Zeo Zords (Red's was piloted by Alpha 5 via remote control rather than directly). Cruel Chrome had the upper hand for a bit until Jason arrived in Pyramidas. Super Zeo Ultrazord destroyed him. Prince Gasket was extremely dismayed by this defeat, saying he should've been king by now.
- Cruel Chrome, when he first faces the Zeo Rangers and taunts them about having no leader, calls Jason a 'second-rate substitute.' Clearly, he did not know who he was talking to, as Jason was the original leader of the Power Rangers.
- Cruel Chrome was also featured as a boss in the Power Rangers Zeo vs The Machine Empire PC game, the final boss before the player has to face King Mondo in the Zeo Megazord.
- Cruel Chrome's costume was later used as components for different monsters in "Fire in Your Tank." His body was scaled down, recolored orange and blue, and was combined with the recolored and modified head of Main Drain and the horns of Robogoat to form "Vitrified Virus." His head was recolored silver and combined with a tunic-wearing body of Mean Screen to form "Silver Streaker." His shoulder pads were combined with unused Ninja Sentai Kakuranger monster Keukegen (who only appeared in the background of "Alien Rangers of Aquitar" and "King for a Day") to form "Hardhairball."