|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Zeo, the second installment in the Zordon Era.|
- ""Time to lower the boom with my boomerang.""
- ―Cruel Chrome when producing his boomerang to attack the Rangers after they revealed that they were immune to his gas attack and his final words before his initial defeat.[src]
- ""Look at me now, ha ha!""
- ―Cruel Chrome when enlarged.[src]
- "This can’t be good."
- ―Cruel Chrome reacting to the Super Zeo Ultrazord and his Final words before his death.[src]
Cruel Chrome was a hunting-hose themed monster in the Machine Empire.
Cruel Chrome was created by Prince Gasket from Detective Jerome Stone's waverunner. He was able to fire a hazardous water-like substance on the Rangers from a hose-like weapon. The Rangers received an antidote, they delivered a pounding to the monster, whose watery substance this time had no effect on the Rangers. The Rangers then unleashed a massive beatdown on the monster, with a punch from Jason finally taking him down by backflipping over him and kicking him in the smalls of his back. Cruel Chrome was then grown into a giant and had spikes from his hands and feet. The Rangers called on their Super Zeo Zords (Red's was piloted by Alpha 5 via remote control rather than directly). Cruel Chrome had the upper hand for a bit until Jason arrived in Pyramidas. The Super Zeo Megazord was formed and. although it was tied up and electrocuted, managed to smash his boomerang and the chain. However, he still had a devastating attack from the cannon in his back to use which forced them to form the Super Zeo Ultrazord which destroyed him. Alpha replaced the wave runner, unbeknownst to Bulk, Skull and Stone. Prince Gasket was extremely dismayed by this defeat, saying he should've been king by now.
Powers and abilities
- Strength-Cruel Chrome does not appear to have much physical strength considering he was useless without his spray but was strong enough to easily overwhelm the Super Zeozords with his bare hands.
- Durability-Cruel Chrome withstood a lot of punishment from the Rangers before being knocked out and was completely unfazed by the Super Zeo Megazord Sabres.
- Hand to Hand Combat-Cruel Chrome was easily able to outfight all five Super Zeozords at once.
- Energy Blasts-Cruel Chrome can fire a green beam from the green patch on his breastplate which caused devastating damage to the Super Zeozords and Pyramidas.
- Wire Projection-Cruel Chrome can fire a chain out of his left hand to embed in his enemies with explosive force as seen when he did this to the Super Zeo Megazord.
- Poisonous Gas Projection-Cruel Chrome has a hose mounted in his arm that projects an extremely lethal gas that nearly killed the five Rangers present.
- Cannon-Cruel Chrome has a large cannon on his back which can fire a devastating blue blast as a last resort.
- Boomerang-Cruel Chrome's primary weapon is a razor sharp boomerang (which he never actually throws) which was able to remain intact after a kick from Kat but smashed by the Super Zeo Megazord Sabres.
- Burst Projection-Cruel Chrome can touch his boomerang to the afore-mentioned wire that he shoots in order to send an energy burst along it to hurt the Super Zeo Megazord.
- Arm Blades-Cruel Chrome can project small blades out of his wrists to slash and stab his enemies with.
- The entirety of his ground fight up until he grew is replaced by American footage because the Ohranger footage involved OhRed but Tommy was captured.
- Cruel Chrome, when he first faces the Zeo Rangers and taunts them about having no leader, calls Jason a 'second-rate substitute.' Clearly, he did not know who he was talking to, as Jason was the original leader of the Power Rangers.
- Cruel Chrome was also featured as a boss in the Power Rangers Zeo vs The Machine Empire PC game, the final boss before the player has to face King Mondo in the Zeo Megazord.
- Cruel Chrome's costume was later used as components for different monsters in "Fire in Your Tank." His body was scaled down, recolored orange and blue, and was combined with the recolored and modified head of Main Drain and the horns of Robogoat to form "Vitrified Virus." His head was recolored silver and combined with a tunic-wearing body of Mean Screen to form "Silver Streaker." His shoulder pads were combined with unused Ninja Sentai Kakuranger monster Keukegen (who only appeared in the background of "Alien Rangers of Aquitar" and "King for a Day") to form "Hardhairball."