|This article is about a/an villain in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- "The Masked Rider powers will be mine!"
- ―Count Dregon
Count Dregon is an Edenoite who is the uncle of Dex and the son of King Lexian. He was banished from Edenoi for his evil deeds. Count Dregon was served in his goals by Nefaria, Cyclopter, Double Face, Gork and Fact.
While the Edonites lived in peace without weapons or armies for centuries, he returned from his exile with a vast army, devastating and conquering the peaceful world. Count Dregon went as far as to have the Plague Sentry and the Plague Patrol force the Edonites to mine toxic gas, polluting their own home. His main goal is to take the Masked Rider powers for himself.
Soon after the Power Rangers visited Edenoi and helped Dex, Dregon decided to turn his attentions towards Earth. This led into the spin-off show Masked Rider, but he never again appeared on Power Rangers. He ran into the team again in the Masked Rider comic.
He is absent from Dark Specter's convention of villains in "From Out of Nowhere".
- It is unknown whether or whether not Count Dregon is a part of the United Alliance of Evil, as he or the events of "A Friend in Need" were rarely ever mentioned again. The reason for his absence might have been legal issues with Toei in regards to Masked Rider content, although this is unconfirmed.
- Although he was never seen being hit by Zordon's Energy Wave in Countdown to Destruction, his fate is still unknown. Amit Bhaumik suggests that it's possible that he along with Mama D and other villains never hit by the Z-Wave, but their fates are unknown.
- Count Dregon, unlike other villains such as Prince Gasket, Princess Archerina, Scorpina and Lokar, would not have been featured in Hexagon, the original plan for Power Rangers after Wild Force. One of the reasons for this had to do with the fact that Amit Bhaumik had no interest in the character and that he was also unsure whether he could incorporate Masked Rider content into Power Rangers for legal reasons.
- His name is similar to Lord Drakkon's, which is ironic since Dex yells at the Rangers to return and tell Dregon that they have failed, and Drakkon is one of the Rangers' worst enemies.