|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Beast Morphers.|
- "Controlatron is ready to get this puppet show going, who do I get to play with?"
- ―First words when being created[src]
- "No! Not my precious little puppet!"
- ―Controlatron after Devon destroyed his puppet.[src]
- "I just wanted... to put on a show!"
- ―Controlatron's final words before destruction.[src]
Controlatron was created by Scrozzle from a puppet within the Crystal Dimension and tasked Controlatron with taking control of Nate in order to create a program to take control of a special new Zord Mayor Daniels/Evox knew was being made (since he was funding it). Controlatron, Robo-Blaze, and Robo-Roxy went to Earth and Controlatron produced an Evox Virus infected hand puppet. Using a hand puppet to control a delivery man called Cole, he delivered the puppet to Nate (who was examining the Beast-X King Ultra Bow) and took him over. He later arrived outside of Grid Battleforce to meet with Nate but the other Rangers found them and a battle ensued which ended with the Rangers falling back and morphing. Nate then summoned Tronics and went into battle with them retreating after the Tronics were destroyed.
In the Crystal Dimension, he used Nate to create the new computer program and, once it was complete, was sent to Earth along with Nate to destroy the Rangers. Devon eventually came out of the building looking for Nate (after he was seen by Ben and Betty) and attacked by Nate who attacked him with his Striker Saber before both morphed. Devon was on his own since Scrozzle sent both Controladrone and Digidrone to Earth in a divide and conquer strategy. Devon called upon his Beast-X Saber and fought Nate in a battle which Nate was winning until Devon threw his Saber at Controlatron, obliterating his puppet and releasing Nate. Devon quickly summoned his Beast-X Visor and activated Beast-X Mode. Controlatron tried to take them out with some energy slashes but Devon deflected them with some spin kicks and Nate stopped them by shooting the Robotron with his Striker Morpher's Striker Beast Blast. Controlatron was then destroyed once and for all by the Cheetah Charge, with his final moments lamenting that he just wanted to entertain.
Controlatron is very much like a puppeteer, narrating much of what happens in a silly voice and even his final words are a reference to a catchphrase relating to entertainment such as puppet shows.
Behind the scenes
- Controlatron is voiced by Rowan Bettjeman who is best known as the voice for Shoespike two years before and Needletron during Season 1.
- Controlatron's voice is identical to that of Needletron and many of his grunts match Needledrone's.
Powers And Abilities
- Durability: Controlatron was shot right in the face by Nate's Striker Beast Blast and didn't even fall over.
- Mind Control: Controlatron uses hand puppets resembling specific humans to get them in his power and do his bidding. This can be neutered if his own puppet is destroyed.
- Energy Slashes: Controlatron can fire red energy slashes from his red right leg.
- Teleportation: Controlatron can teleport himself along with others adjacent to him away in a swirl of purple energy.
- Tronics Summoning Bestowment: After the Rangers morphed, he allowed Nate to summon Tronics to aid them in battle.
- Puppets-Controlatron's only weapons are his puppets which he uses to control people since he is a schemer instead of a fighter.
- In Go-Busters, Controlatron was originally part of a group of Metaloids/Robotrons called Messiah Metaloids, monsters derived from objects infused with data obtained from cards created from the remaining data left from the main villain, Messiah, after he was originally killed. These were the strongest monsters in Go-Busters and required the new Powered Custom mode and a new Megazord to defeat their MegaZord counterparts (the Beast-X King Zord's counterpart). Other Messiah Metaloids adapted for Power Rangers were Digitron, Tiaratron, Boxertron, and Bulldozertron.
- During the final fight scene, the “Messiah” logo on Controlatron’s leg was edited to change the M to I so it said “Iessiah” instead while in the first fight, the logo seemingly vanishes, to begin with.
- Besides Railtron before him, Controlatron has the most amount of American footage created for any monster yet with almost all of the footage of him being exclusively filmed for Beast Morphers.
- In the original footage, he has the puppet that controls his victim on his left hand and has a humanoid right hand, but in Sentai footage, this controlling puppet is on his right hand and on his left hand he has another puppet, being the Robotron's head.
- Controladrone - Gigadrone counterpart
- Puppetloid - Super Sentai counterpart in Go-Busters. See comparison page.