|This article is about a/an ranger/crossover character in the Power Rangers franchise.|
- "It’s Morphin Time! Blazing Phoenix!"
- ―Chun-Li’s morph call[src]
Chun-Li is a martial artist and an interpol agent from the Street Fighter series of video games. With the power of the Blazing Phoenix Power Coin, she becomes the Chun-Li Ranger.
At the age of five, Chun-Li saw her first classical Chinese play, Peking Opera, and her first Bruce Lee movie, which fascinated her and also became part of the reasons why she started practicing martial arts.
She began by learning Tai Chi. However, Tai Chi was much different from the gorgeous movements she remembered from Peking Opera. Soon afterwards, her father taught her Hongquan as well as various basic exercises from then on. With that, Chun-Li’s skills in Chinese martial arts improved rapidly. Chun-Li used mostly kicks when fighting. This was something she picked up from her father, who was also said to have "legendary legs." Chun-Li continued to develop her kick attacks, embracing techniques from a variety of fighting styles, such as Chinese martial arts, capoeira, battle karate, and taekwondo, thus eventually creating her own style.
Chun-Li would later become a detective at the age of eighteen in hopes of finding her father, who has since disappeared. She later followed in her father's footsteps and become a narcotics investigator at the I.C.P.O (International Criminal Police Organization), also known as Interpol, working as the organization's anti-Shadaloo investigator. Chun-Li was known as the "black sheep of the I.C.P.O.", as she was investigating Shadaloo for the illegal sales of narcotics and weapons when said evil organization got their hold of the high-ups of Interpol.
Getting into a friendly spar with an old teacher of hers and friend of her father, Gen, he gives her a lead into who may have killed her father—the mysterious crime syndicate Shadaloo. Finding its leader, M. Bison, she demands he tell her what happened to her father. To her surprise, Bison attacks and basically makes quick work of her, then flies away, laughing at her and telling her if she attacks him again he will kill her just like he did her father. With tears in her eyes (the last she swore to ever shed), Chun-Li has since swore vengeance.
to be added
Street Fighter Showdown
M. Bison had captured Ninjor and used his psychic powers to force him to forge a new Power Coin with the power of the Blazing Phoenix. Before M. Bison could use the Power Coin, the Super Megaforce Yellow Ranger managed to take it from him and gave the coin to Chun-Li. Chun-Li was able to use the Power Coin to become the Chun-Li Ranger.
- Houkouen -
- Kasairyuu - An enhanced, blazing kick that evades enemy attacks and hits with such force that it rends the earth asunder.
- Hyakugouka - Chun-Li repeatedly hits her target with a rapid flurry of kicks.
- Phoenix Dance - Chun-Li does a high kick to send her opponents into the air, then spins and flies up into the air with energy constucts of phoenix wings, then repeatedly kicks the target in various ways sending then hurtling towards the ground with her last kick.
- Spinning Phoenix - A variant of Chun-Li's famed Spinning Bird Kick attack, where she spins with her legs stretched out to repeatedly kick her opponent. Enhanced by her Ranger powers, the kick sets her foe ablaze with flame energy from her feet.
- Pyrokinesis/Flame Constucts - Chun-Li can manipulate flame with her Phoenix powers to enhance her attacks or create constructs such as flaming bird wings for limited flight capability.
- Chun-Li is portrayed by Gemma Nguyen in Power Rangers Legacy Wars - Street Fighter Showdown
Behind the Scenes
- Chun-Li shares her motif, birth nation and chi manipulation abilities (such as her Kikoken attack) with HououRanger, Rin of the Heavenly Wind Star.