|This article is about a/an monster in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.|
- "Revive, my ghosts! Go-Go-Ghosts! Hear me, Ghosts! Indulge the lingering attachments you feel to this world!"
- ―Lantern Novice's first words[src]
- "I just wanted to see a line of victory lanterns!"
- ―Lantern Novice's final words before his death[src]
- "Then I'll turn into a giant!"
- ―Lantern Novice's first words being enlarged [src]
Lantern Novice (チョウチンコゾウ Chōchin Kozō, 41 & 53): A giant fire-breathing Chinese lantern Tsukumogami-type Yokai. He had the power to resurrect human spirits. These spirits not only had unfinished business, though were also violent and destructive as humans. He wanted to create a violent and unbeatable army of ghosts. However, he accidentally resurrected a young boy's kindly grandfather spirit.
Lantern Novice reappeared, along with all the other defeated Yokai, within the Seal Door after their master Daimaou was finally contained there by the Kakurangers. Reeling that they were now powerless in captivity, the Yokai all vowed that they would one day be reborn and regain their power, cursing humanity.
Modus and Arsenal
- to be added
- to be added
Behind the Scenes
- Chōchin Novice refers to the "Chōchin-obake" Yokai; but has a similar "Novice" at the end of its name as "Kabuki Novice" in the previous season, Dairanger. Likewise, both monsters are voiced by the same actor: Shigeru Chiba