|This article is about a/an set of villains in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.|
The Vaglass (ヴァグラス Vagurasu) was an organization bent on ensuring the return of Messiah, a dangerous computer virus, to the human realm.
The Vaglass came into being the day when Messiah was born on Christmas 1999 when a computer virus underwent an evolution from the Enetron in the system it infected. Within no time, able to assimilate any inorganic matter, Messiah took control of the complex and all the mecha within it before attempting to take over the world's communication, power, and defense systems. However, the scientists sacrificed themselves to teleport the entire Transport Center into Hyper Space to trap Messiah. However, due to the dimension's ability to digitize organic matter, Messiah used this to absorb the scientists to use their collective intellect in serving him as both his "Engineers" and as source material to create the avatar Enter to serve as his eyes and ears.
In 2012, after thirteen years since he was trapped in Hyper Space, Messiah gained the means to send Enter back into reality, with the ultimate goal of gathering enough Enetron needed to bring Messiah back into reality so he can assimilate the entire planet to cement his reign. Many of these plans involve the acquisition of Enetron, the city's energy source.
But due to the constant meddling of the Go-Busters, and the addition of Escape to take over some of his duties, Enter began to deviate from his programming and made his move after Messiah's defeat. In his ultimate scheme, Enter resolves to become the new Messiah by using the Messiah cards to gather data on humans with most of his data from Hiromu Sakurada. Using the data of Escape to test his abilities to merge life forms into her being, Enter eventually gains the abilities to merge all forms of matter and shape them into his will. Luckily, with Masato Jin sacrificing himself to destroy the final Messiah Card, Enter is destroyed with the Vaglass no more.
Super Hero Taisen Z
Several Vaglass Metaloids, Bulldozerloid, Karateloid, and Parabolaloid 2, were part of an army of resurrected (mostly Super Sentai) monsters led by Space Raider after the revival of Madou Demon King Psycho. They proceeded to attack the gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai, which included the Go-Busters trio, giving them a hard time. The heroes of recent years were in a pinch until the arrival of a force of Sentai and Rider reinforcements led by Akarenger and Kamen Rider #1. The combined forces of superheroes were able to turn the tide against the Madou army. They lined up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters
Enter and Escape were revived, with an army of Buglars, as part of a one-time Vaglass restoration program in response to a newly emerged evil, Space War God Voldos. Joining an alliance with Voldos and the Deboth Army, the revived Vaglass fought not only the Go-Busters but the Kyoryugers as well as other Dinosaur Super Sentai, Zyuranger and Abaranger.
Chou Super Hero Taisen
A pack of Buglars were among the Shocker army of the Game World led by Shocker Leader III, the boss of the Chou Shocker Taisen bonus stage. This army was ultimately wiped out by a combined force of Sentai Rangers and Kamen Riders.
Kyuranger vs. Space Squad
Behind the Scenes
- Unlike previous villain groups, the Vaglass appear to have been christened by the Energy Management Center as a way to refer to them.
- Toei's website officially romanizes ヴァグラス (Vagurasu) as "Vaglass". Early magazines, however, spelled it as "Vaglus".
- Aside from being arch-nemesis, each of the technology and equipment utilized by Vaglass is considered as counterparts of the Energy Management Center
- The name Vaglass can also be unofficially romanized to "bugrus", referencing both bugs and computer-viruses. This pun makes sense because all members of Vaglass are made from harmful software, or commonly known as malware.
- The basic hierarchy of Vaglass mirrors that of Secret Society Egos from Battle Fever J, with the big bad at the top (Satan Egos/Messiah), two commanders male (Commander Hedder/Enter) and female (Salomé/Escape), the monsters of the week who are separate entities man-sized and giant-sized rather than grown (man-sized "big brother" Egos Monsters and giant-sized "little brother" robot doubles/Metaloids and MegaZords), and an army of henchmen (Cutmen/Buglars).
- Machine Empire Mechalius, the equivalent evil force in the reality of the Dobutsu Sentai Go-Busters.
- Evox Virus Army - Power Rangers counterpart in Beast Morphers. See comparison page.
All items (42)
- MegaZord Omega
- File:Messiah Cards.jpeg