|This article is about a/an list of monsters in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
The Sporix Beasts are the monsters serving the antagonists of Power Rangers Dino Fury. The Sporix possess powers that not only serve as a challenge to the Rangers, but are also sought out by Void Knight, who plans to use these powers to revive his lover Santaura.
Over 65 million years ago, the Sporix were created on the planet Rafkon, the home planet of Zayto and Aiyon, by military leaders hoping to use them as weapons against an approaching evil. Zayto agreed that the Sporix were ready to be used, but Aiyon believed that they were too dangerous and shouldn't be released. The two fought, but the Sporix were released and Aiyon was proven right as the Sporix attacked them. Though the two and their fellow Knights of Rafkon fought hard, the Sporix ravaged their home and removed all traces of life from the planet. The Sporix then turned their attention to Earth, but the remaining Knights had managed to escape Rafkon and tracked the Sporix Beasts to Earth, where they engaged them in battle with the help of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. After multiple defeats and deaths however, the Sporix Beasts became so powerful they gained the ability to enlarge and forced the Knights of Rafkon to retreat. Fortunately, the Morphin Masters came to Earth in the nick of time to help the Knights of Rafkon and their dinosaur allies by granting the Knights the Dino Fury Morphers by using their staffs to create a connection to the Morphin Grid and turning the dinosaurs into Zords. With their new powers, the new Dino Fury Rangers defeated the Sporix Beasts and trapped them back in their Sporix forms, which they locked in a chest although not before every member of the Knights of Rafkon except for Zayto and Aiyon died. Together with Solon, Zayto tried every possible ways to destroy the Sporix at all costs but his attempts failed so he went into stasis with Solon standing guard, who plans to wake him should the Sporix Beasts escape.
The Sporix remained dormant for the next 65 million years until the modern era where Solon kept their incubated state in a containment unit. However, a recent scuffle between Zayto, Ollie, Amelia, Void Knight, and the Hengemen caused them to be released into the city of Pine Ridge.
List of Sporix Beasts
- Shockhorn (First Sporix Beast)
- Mucus (General)
- Stone Triplets
- Boneswitch (Final Sporix beast to appear on-screen in Season 1)
Sporix Beast Catches
- Void Knight’s Team: 10
- Dino Fury Rangers Team: 11
- Unlike their Sentai counterparts (the Minosaurs), the Sporix Beasts are more intelligent and speak in full sentences. This is a reverse for the Attack Bots in RPM where most of them appeared to be mindless while their Sentai counterparts (the Barbaric Machine Beasts) had wills of their own.
- In the toyline, Sporix Beasts are available in the Battle Attackers figure sets, each containing a Sporix Beast and a Ranger.
- When a Sporix Beast is destroyed, they will revert back into their Sporix form. If left untreated, they can continue to grow stronger and become uncontrollable (according to Zayto).
- The fact that the Sporix Beasts revert to their Sporix form when they are defeated makes them similar to the Mutant Criminals, who change back into action figures when they are defeated.
- Draknarok says "You know what happens when a Sporix Beast fights long enough?" before enlarging, implying that Sporix Beasts must fight in order to enlarge themselves.
- The Sporix Beasts are the first monster group to grow giant on their own since the Nighloks. But unlike the Nighloks, who only grow after being destroyed in small size, the Sporix grow while still alive. So far, no Sporix Beast has grown giant after being destroyed like most monsters-of-the-week, but they can be reverted back into a Sporix while human-sized.
- They are also the first ones to enlarge since the Warrior Contestants.
- The scenes where the Sporix Beasts grow are mostly original footage.
- Whenever a robot is powered up using a Sporix, they gain the ability to grow giant.
All items (15)