|This article is about a/an villain group in Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.|
Space Shogunate Jark Matter (宇宙幕府ジャークマター Uchu Bakufu Jāku Matā) was the evil government which has dominated the 88 constellation systems and controlling all of space, usurping the Space Federation. They were collecting Planetium (The Power of the Planets) to destroy the entire universe until nothing remains behind.
The self-proclaimed embodiment of misfortune Don Armage came into being as a result of pain and suffering across space amassed as universal despair. Immensely powerful and intent on dominating the entire universe, Don Armage established himself as Shogun of the Space Shogunate Jark Matter.
300 Years Ago
In their first invasion 300 years ago, they are opposed by eighty-eight warriors from the eighty-eight star systems aboard the Argo, however he managed to kill the other eighty-six, leaving only two survivors. Tsurugi converted his immortality into raw power, but he still failed to defeat Don Armage, when Tsurugi is about to do an attack that costed his life, his comrade Quervo stopped him before Don Armage killed him when Quervo takes a blow meant for Tsurugi. However, it is shown that later, Tsurugi managed to defeat Don Armage and goes into suspended animation. But, unknown to him, Don Armage is somehow alive and memories about Tsurugi back on Earth was erased.
Ruled by the Shogun Don Armage, Jark Matter became the dominant power in their region of space by seizing the 88 constellation systems over a period of several years. Seeking the essential energy source which formed every world, Planet Jume, Jark Matter installed a Moraimarz machine, overseen by a Daikaan, on every planet they conquered to drain their Jume, with the draining process ultimately resulting in the destruction of these worlds.
Don Armage established Jark Matter's new capital as the planet Southern Cross in the Minami Juuji System, whose ruler Southern King of Minami willingly submitted to the Shogun at the expense of his people due to his philosophy that the weak were destined to serve the strong whom dominated the universe. In return, Don Armage granted Southern King the title of Karo, serving as guardian of the Minami Juuji System.
In the Chameleon System, the advance guard of Indavers was spotted by the young Hammy who, though having been hesitant to speak up until then, mustered the courage to warn her teacher. Thus, her ninja band was able to escape the attack. Under Jark Matter's oppression in the Kajiki System, a food shortage occured, leading the young Spada to learn to cook food for his numerous siblings.
Among the worlds that fell to Jark Matter was Earth, which evidently had an abundance of Planet Jume as numerous Moraimarz were installed on it as opposed to only one, while Don Armage indicated a greater secret.
Acquiring the Sasori System, Don Armage personally addressed Scorpio, a Scorpionman warrior who had grown to seek power to the point of selling out his own tribe to Jark Matter, leaving them to be slaughtered while turning his back on even his younger brother Stinger. Enticing Scorpio to serve Jark Matter in exchange for the power he sought, Don Armage transformed him into a scorpion monster; initially enlisting Scorpio as an assassin, the Shogun would be pleased enough by his service, which included the elimination of the Oushi System dissident Dr. Anton, that he would eventually promote him to Karo of the subjugated Sasori System. Secretly, however, Scorpio aspired to one day surpass in power and kill Don Armage, upon which he would become the new Shogun of Jark Matter and rule the universe himself.
Under the order of the Shogun, the elite assassin duo Ikargen and Mardakko destroyed over a thousand planets. In the Ookami System, Garu learned the price of defiance when his wolfman clan was slaughtered by Jark Matter.
On the flat world of Crotus, Jark Matter's subjugation was overseen by the Karo Eriedrone. His forces, however, were unable to prevent the initial three Kyurangers from allowing numerous civilians to escape Jark Matter's grip. This was realized by the Don Armage, who blasted Eriedrone back when the Karo contacted him to announce the joyous news of the conquest. Ordered by Don Armage to eliminate the insurgents, Eriedrone had his Big Moraimarz go to hunt the Kyurangers down on Jagjag. Ultimately, however, Eriedrone only succeeded in providing the trial by fire which caused a further two Kyurangers to emerge, making a combination of five Voyagers to form KyurenOh which destroyed the Tsuyoindaver that Eriedrone sent against them on Jagjag's moon.
Jark Matter Assassins: Ikargen and Madakko
An immense Big Moraimars was provided by Jark Matter through a rift in dimensions for Oogumo Great Leader of the Game World Shocker to pilot. He was ultimately vanquished by a duplicated KyurenOh and Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.
The Return of Scorpio
In the middle of a meeting with Don Armage, Ikargen tells Madakko to greet the Karo of the Scorpius System, i.e. Scorpio, who has been sent by Armage. When Scorpio is welcomed to earth, he mentions that he is looking forward to seeing the Kyurangers, especially Stinger.
Removing Tsurugi Ohtori From History and the Vice-Shoguns
The Crux System Barrier
Don Armage's Identity and the Final Battle
When Don Armage finally has his meeting with Tsurugi Ohtori, Tsurugi questions him about why he wants to destroy the universe. He explains that he wants to recreate the universe in his own image. Armage then proceeds to explain to him that the real reason he was called to a meeting was to reveal his true form to him.
With Jark Matter dissolved, the Space Federation was restored with Tsurugi Ohtori reinstalled as President. The former Rebellion was repurposed to preserve peace across the universe and restoring the liberated constellation systems. Among the dispersed Kyurangers, the BN Team of Balance and Naga Ray took to recovering the treasures which had been pillaged by Jark Matter across the universe.
Hoshi Minato, however, had a hidden secret in his guitar, which held Jark Matter's secret treasure, and to retrieve it, the new shogun, Don Arkage, had revived the Vice Shoguns and allied with Rirus Lippig of the Interdimensional Crime Group Gangler.
The universe was still in the process of being restored as late as four years following the fall of Jark Matter. At this time, the ruins of Moraimars could still be found on planets such as Earth, where one was used as a hide-out for Space Ninja Demost.
Behind the scenes
- The name of Jark Matter is a play on "Dark Matter". Alternatively, it could also be a play on the Japanese word for evil (邪悪 Jaaku), pronounced similarly but with a different emphasis.
- They are similar to the Space Empire Zangyack from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger in their desire to control all life in the universe, and putting bounties on the heroes for their interference.
- The difference between them is that Jark Matter succeeded in conquering Earth and the universe and it's the Kyurangers who has to free both from them.
- Their extraction of Planetium is similar to the Space Pirates Balban using Demon Beast Daitanix to drain the core of planets they've raided and turning them into jewels.
- Since the Kyurangers and Jark Matter exist in a parallel universe separate from the previous Super Sentai, they can be considered as Space Empire Zangyack's counterpart.
- Jark Matter is the first Villain faction in the Super Sentai Series since Machine Empire Baranoia to successfully conquer the Earth.
- The difference is that the Baranoia only conquered it for a brief time during the final episodes before being liberated later. Jark Matter on the other hand has done so before the start of the series and liberating it is a goal for the rangers. That makes it similar to the Venjix Computer Network from Power Rangers RPM.
- The method of growth being dependent on the medium surviving the user's destruction is similar to the Dimensional Beasts from Choujin Sentai Jetman and the Londerz Prisoners from Mirai Sentai Timeranger.
- While Kyuranger isn't an anniversary special, a majority of the members seem to be physically based on past Sentai villains.
- They are the first Super Sentai villain faction to have more than one villainess (in this case, Mardakko and Akyanba) since the Shadow Line in Ressha Sentai ToQger.
- The voice actors of the three Vice-Shoguns are actors that previously portrayed a main Super Sentai member.
All items (64)
- Dark Kyutama
- Dave Black
- Dave Blue
- Dave Commander
- Dave Red
- Dave Yellow
- Don Arkage
- Don Armage
- Dr. Anton
- Mika Retsu