|This article is about a/an set of rangers in the Super Sentai series.|
The Blue Sentai Ranger (青い戦隊レンジャー Aoi Sentai Renjā) or Blue Warrior (青い戦士 Aoi Senshi) is a designation given to one character in every incarnation of Super Sentai , having been on all but one team (the Patrangers). Blue Rangers are almost always male, though five of them have been female. Four of the five female Blue Rangers wear a lighter shade of blue (sky blue) than their male counterparts, the exception being Blue Dolphin of the Liveman. Kakuranger's NinjaBlue also wore a lighter shade of blue (sky blue) similar to that of the female Blue Rangers. Normally, Blue Rangers are also sometimes second-in-command. In terms of personality, Blue Warriors tend to either be a rival to the Red Warrior or be a spastic child, although some are known to be powerhouses. While the first two Blues were the eldest and most serious of the team, this did not become an actual trend until more recent series, where the Blues usually became the oldest or most serious of the main team Rangers.
Blue is one of only two Sentai color designations that has subsets of color shades in its category, and the only one with three shades in its subset with Navy, Cyan, and Sky Blue being official titles given to Blue Sentai Rangers with a different shade of blue than the one in the main team. Note that while certain characters have lighter or darker shades of blue when compared to one another, they were not officially considered these colors. The only classified Navy Rangers so far have been Isshuu Kasumi and Dai-kun as well as the evil Ferocious Knight D, while the only Cyan Rangers are Ramirez and his successors Yuko Fukui and Ami-neesan. Uchu Sentai Kyuranger introduced the series' first Sky Blue Sentai Ranger.
- 1 Main Sentai Blue
- 2 Secondary Blue
- 3 Unofficial Blue
- 4 Heroes with Debatable Ranger Status
- 5 Historic/Alternate Blue Rangers
- 6 Rangers commonly associated with Blue
- 7 Unique Evil Blue
- 8 Super Blue
- 9 Blue Sentai Teams
- 10 Gokai Changes
- 11 Transfer Changes
- 12 Chronological List of Blue Rangers
- 13 Ranger Keys
- 14 See also
- 15 References
Main Sentai Blue
These are Rangers who belong on the main team, and are the main characters of the show. They are also the first to appear as that specific color designation for the team.
These are Rangers who, while belonging with the main team, are also the second to appear as that specific color designation for the team.
Heroes with Debatable Ranger Status
These are heroes in the main canon that have been officially categorized with other Rangers across various series in some form.
Historic/Alternate Blue Rangers
Rangers commonly associated with Blue
These Rangers have no specific classified color but are commonly associated with Blue.
Unique Evil Blue
These are Rangers with unique or highly re-stylized Ranger forms.
Blue Rangers who can assume Super Ranger forms.
Blue Sentai Teams
Chronological List of Blue Rangers
- Akira Shinmei (Hiroshi Miyauchi) is Aorenger in Himitsu Sentai Gorenger.
- Ryu Higashi (Tairayama Itou) is Dia Jack in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai.
- Kyousuke Shida (Yuuhei Kurachi) is Battle France in Battle Fever J.
- Daigoro Oume (Kenji Ohba) is DenziBlue in Denshi Sentai Denziman.
- When initially introducing himself, the Vader Monster Mimilar briefly becomes DenziBlue.
- Kin'ya Samejima (Kin'ya Sugi) is VulShark in Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan.
- When it first appears to Black Magma, Teakettle Monger takes the form of VulShark briefly.
- Saburo Aoyama (Shigeki Ishii) is GoggleBlue in Dai Sentai Goggle V.
- Yousuke Shima (Kouji Unogi) is DynaBlue in Kagaku Sentai Dynaman.
- Ryuuta Nanbara (Akito Osuga) is Blue3 in Choudenshi Bioman.
- A Mechaclone disguises itself as Blue3 in order to recapture the Mecha Human Miki.
- Yuuma Ozora (Shiro Izumi) is ChangePegasus in Dengeki Sentai Changeman.
- Bun (Yasuhiro Ishiwata) is Blue Flash in Choushinsei Flashman.
- Akira (Issei Hirota) is Blue Mask in Hikari Sentai Maskman.
- Megumi Misaki (Megumi Mori) is Blue Dolphin in Choujuu Sentai Liveman.
- Youhei Hama (Keiya Asakura) is Blue Turbo in Kousoku Sentai Turboranger.
- Ken Hoshikawa (Kei Sindachiya) is FiveBlue in Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman.
- Ako Hayasaka (Sayuri Uchida) is Blue Swallow in Chōjin Sentai Jetman.
- A copy of Blue Swallow was created as part of the Shadow Jetman.
- Etoffe Tribe Knight Dan (Hideki Fujiwara) is TriceraRanger in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.
- Shoji of the Heavenly Gravity Star (Ei Hamura) is TenmaRanger in Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- Saizou (Hiroshi Tsuchida) is NinjaBlue in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
- Yuuji Mita (Masashi Goda) is OhBlue in Chouriki Sentai Ohranger.
- Naoki Domon (Yoshihiro Masujima) is Blue Racer in Gekisou Sentai Carranger.
- While not a Blue Ranger by name, Carrangers' ally Signalman (voiced by Hochu Otsuka) is often considered a Blue Ranger, due to his coloring.
- Shun Namiki (Masaya Matsukaze) is MegaBlue in Denji Sentai Megaranger.
- NeziBizzare is NeziBlue of the Jaden Sentai Neziranger in Denji Sentai Megaranger. He is the evil counterpart of MegaBlue. His alternate form is that of a crystalline ice monster with freezing powers. During his first appearance, he disguised himself as MegaBlue.
- On one occasion, Shun's teammates, Kenta Date (MegaRed), Kouichirou Endou (MegaBlack), Chisato Jougasaki (MegaYellow), and Miku Imamura (MegaPink) all took the form of MegaBlue in an effort to confused NeziBlue.
- Gouki (Shoei) is GingaBlue CXXXIII in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman.
- There were 132 GingaBlues before him in the past 3000 years.
- Nagare Tatsumi (Kenji Taniguchi) is GoBlue in Kyukyu Sentai GoGo-V.
- Ayase (Yuji Kido) is TimeBlue in Mirai Sentai Timeranger.
- A copy of TimeBlue was part of a Copy Timeranger team that fought the Timerangers in a pocket dimension.
- Kai Samezu (Takeru Shibaki) is GaoBlue in Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger.
- A copy of GaoBlue was created by Copy Org as part of the Copy Sentai Copyranger.
- A shadow-clone GaoBlue was created by Dorodoro's ninja powers as part of the Shade Rangers.
- Wendinu (Mio Fukuzumi), the Fourth Spear of the Seven Dark Spears, briefly took the powers of GaoBlue in Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger vs. Gaoranger.
- Nanami Nono (Nao Nagasawa) is HurricaneBlue in Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger.
- Isshuu Kasumi (Nobuo Kyo) is the Fanged Ninja KuwagaRaiger in Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger. While not a Blue Ranger by name, he is often considered a Blue Ranger (navy is a darker shade of blue).
- Yukito Sanjyou (Sho Tomita) is AbareBlue in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger.
- Houji Tomasu (Tsuyoshi Hayashi) is DekaBlue in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.
- Alienizer Wojonian Jinche stole the body of Hoji before being expelled.
- Urara Ozu (Asami Kai) is MagiBlue in Mahou Sentai Magiranger.
- Souta Mogami (Masashi Mikami) is Bouken Blue in GoGo Sentai Boukenger.
- Retsu Fukami (Manpei Takagi) is GekiBlue in Juken Sentai Gekiranger.
- Renn Kousaka (Shinwa Kataoka) is Go-On Blue in Engine Sentai Go-Onger.
- Ryunosuke Ikenami (Hiroki Aiba) is Shinken Blue XVIII in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
- Hyde (Kento Ono) is Gosei Blue in Tensou Sentai Goseiger.
- Joe Gibken (Yuki Yamada) is Gokai Blue in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. Being a Gokaiger, he is able to assume the form of past Blue Rangers via the Ranger Keys.
- Also, though not Blue Rangers themselves, the other five Gokaigers: Captain Marvelous (Gokai Red), Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow), Don Dogoier (Gokai Green), Ahim de Famille (Gokai Pink), and Gai Ikari (Gokai Silver), have all changed into past Blue Rangers via the Ranger Keys in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
- Ryuji Iwasaki (Ryouma Baba) is Blue Buster in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
- A copy of Blue Buster was created by Filmloid as part of a fake Go-Buster trio.
- Two Buglars were given the appearance of Blue Buster by Sprayloid 2.
- An alternate version of Ryuji Iwasaki (Ryouma Baba) is Blue Gorilla of the Dobutsu Sentai Go-Busters in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters Returns vs. Dōbutsu Sentai Go-Busters.
- Nobuharu Udo (Yamato Kinjo) is Kyoryu Blue in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- A Zorima was disguised as Kyoryu Blue by Debo Yakigonte as part of a plot to break the Kyoryugers up.
- Nobuharu was succeeded by Nobuta-san (Yamato Kinjo) as Kyoryu Blue one-hundred years later.
- Sechang Kim (Oh Sehyun; dubbed by Yasunao Sakai) is Nobuharu's successor, Brave Kyoryu Blue (Brave Blue Dino), in the Korean-commissioned sequel Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Brave (Power Rangers Dino Force Brave)).
- Ramirez (Robert Baldwin) is Kyoryu Cyan I in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- Ferocious Knight D (Mamoru Miyano) is Deathryuger in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- D was succeeded by Dai-kun as Kyoryu Navy one-hundred years later.
- Haru Tokashiki (Jin Hiramaki) is ToQ 2gou in Ressha Sentai ToQger.
- Yakumo Katou (Gaku Matsumoto) is AoNinger in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.
- Sela (Miki Yanagi) is Zyuoh Shark in Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.
- Garu (Kazuya Nakai) is Ookami Blue in Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.
- Touma Yoimachi (Shogou Hama) is Lupin Blue in Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.
- Melto (Keito Tsuna) is Ryusoul Blue in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.
- Shiguru Oshikiri (Atomu Mizuishi) is Kiramai Blue in Mashin Sentai Kiramager.
- Vroon is ZenkaiVroon in Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.
- Mizuki Aoyagi (Kyoko Hinami) is AkibaBlue I in Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger. Akibaranger is a Sentai series whose first season aired during Go-Busters run that has been classed by Toei as an "unofficial installment" of the Super Sentai series.
- The Game World counterpart of Yakumo Katou (Gaku Matsumoto) and Kazuma Kenzaki (Takayuki Tsubaki) are Ao-Rider in Kamen Sentai Gorider.
- Yusuke Takigawa (Yuto Nasu) is AoiHero in The High School Heroes.
All items (99)