|This article is about a/an army of grunts in Power Rangers Jungle Fury.|
Rinshi are members of Dai Shi's army in Power Rangers: Jungle Fury and act as his footsoldiers. Rinshi are JiangShi-like warriors who travel by hopping forward or backward. They appear to lack the ability to speak. On occasion they wield staffs for battle that harness and release energy. They are also inflitrators, as in several episodes they appear as regular people (such as thieves or technicians) to trap the Power Rangers.
Powers and abilities
- Strength-Even when compared to both earlier and later footsoldiers, the Rinshi are incredibly strong. When fighting Casey for the first time, one was able to easily flip him down with one arm, and when fighting Theo for the first time, two were easily able to grab him and throw him down while another was able to knock him down by twirling his hand. A single jab from a Rinshi was able to knock Theo backwards into Casey.
- Advance Combat: Rinshi were trained in combat martial arts. They are roughly on the same skill level as the unmorphed Rangers and were easily able to overpower them during the first battle.
- Jumping Ability: Rinshi can jump very high.
- Human Disguise: They can disguise themselves as human, in this form they possess the ability to talk.
- Staff: They used with staff with a sharp point to fight against the Rangers.
- Energy Projection-The Rinshi can shoot purple energy blasts from the spears.
Certain Rinshi are selected and upgraded to harness powers of specific beast arts. Camille attaches animal totems to Rinshis to upgrade them. These Rinshis gain the power and fighting styles of the specific animal totems. They also gain the ability to speak and behave in a more humanoid fashion. Upon gaining a type of power-up usually from the fear and despair of the people around them, they shed their identical upgraded Rinshi forms and take on a monster-like appearance. They are able to transform freely at their own will.
Dai Shi can randomly select one or more Rinshi and place the head of a special statuette Totem on them. This converts simple Rinshi to Rinshi Beasts-A warrior with the fighting style and abilities of an animal. Rinshi Beasts are much stronger and smarter than normal Rinshi. They also possess the ability to talk.
- Strength-While their strength was not shown often outside of their monster forms, they are presumably stronger than the typical Rinshi.
- Speaking-Unlike regular Rinshi the Rinshi Beasts can speak.
- Fear Absorption-Even without turning into their monster forms, Rinshi Beasts can absorb fear to increase their power, as mentioned by Mantor when he deployed alongside some Rinshi.
- Monster Transformation-The Rinshi Beasts can turn themselves into their monster forms at will causing their Rinshi forms to shatter, although they can turn back into Rinshi beasts at will.
- Enlargement-Rinshi Beasts are able to grow at will after collecting enough fear.
- Animal Emblems-The Rinshi Beasts have emblems representing their animal spirits attached to their forehead. This can transform the Rinshi into Rinshi Beast and further allow them to assume their monster form and accompanying powers.
Rinshi Beast monsters
- Five Fingers of Poison
- Unknown Rinshi beasts
- The Rinshi, as the Rinshi Beasts, are the only footsoldiers to act as Monsters of the Week
- While previous Monsters such as Volkan were footsoldiers to begin with, the Rinshi are the only footsoldiers to serve as monsters on a regular basis.
All items (42)
- Shadow Guard Black
- Shadow Guard White
- Shadow Guards