|This article is about a/an set of Rangers in the Power Rangers franchise.|
Sixth Rangers are Rangers who are generally introduced outside of the core team. In most occasions they are the 6th to be introduced. However, the term of 'Sixth Ranger' also applies to anyone outside the core team that starts regularly joining in battles. Sixth Rangers typically take on colors that are not used by the core team, though there are a few exceptions. There have been 22 official Sixth Rangers, with the Aquitar, Turbo, Lost Galaxy, and Jungle Fury Ranger teams lacking official Sixth Rangers. RPM, Megaforce/Super Megaforce and Beast Morphers have two Sixth Rangers. Mighty Morphin however, has two Sixth Rangers who happened to be the same person. Lightspeed Rescue has a Sixth Ranger that is completely American-made as its Sentai counterpart does not have a Sixth Ranger. In the case of Lost Galaxy, the sixth member to join the team is not officially called a Sixth Ranger despite technically being the Sixth Ranger on the team.
Alternate Reality Sixth Ranger
Clone Evil Rangers
These are Rangers based off of pre-existing Rangers.
Heroes with Debatable 6th Ranger status
- Thomas "Tommy" Oliver (Jason David Frank) is the Mighty Morphin Green Ranger in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Originally evil because he was hypnotized, he later fought for good until his powers were drained. He later became the Mighty Morphin White Ranger in season 2.
- Trey of Triforia (Ted, Tom, and Tim DiFillipo, voiced by Brad Hawkins) and Jason Lee Scott (Austin St. John) are the first and second Gold Zeo Rangers in Power Rangers Zeo.
- Zhane (Justin Nimmo) is the Silver Space Ranger in Power Rangers in Space.
- Ryan Mitchell (Rhett Fisher) is the Titanium Ranger in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue. He is unique in that he has no Sentai counterpart, as Kyukyu Sentai GoGo-V had no Sixth Ranger.
- Eric Myers (Daniel Southworth) is the Quantum Ranger in Power Rangers Time Force.
- Merrick Baliton (Phillip Andrew) is the Lunar Wolf Ranger in Power Rangers Wild Force.
- Cameron Watanabe (Jason Chan) is the Green Samurai Ranger in Power Rangers Ninja Storm.
- Trent Fernandez-Mercer (Jeffrey Parazzo) is the White Dino Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Thunder. Though technically the fifth member of his team, his Super Sentai counterpart is officially a sixth Ranger.
- Sam (voiced by Brett Stewart) is the S.P.D. Omega Ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D. Anubis Cruger, the S.P.D. Shadow Ranger, was the first to appear, but the Omega Ranger fits the role of the sixth Ranger more.
- Daggeron (John Tui) is the Solaris Knight in Power Rangers Mystic Force. The White Mystic Ranger was the first to appear, although her powers were taken away temporarily, causing the Solaris Knight to fit the role of sixth Ranger more.
- Tyzonn (Dwayne Cameron) is the Mercury Overdrive Ranger in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.
- Gem (Mike Ginn) and Gemma (Li Ming Hu) are respectively the Ranger Operator Series Gold (Ranger Gold) and the Ranger Operator Series Silver (Ranger Silver) in Power Rangers RPM. They are both Sixth Rangers as they are a duo.
- Antonio Garcia (Steven Skyler) is the Gold Samurai Ranger in Power Rangers Samurai and Super Samurai.
- Robo Knight (voiced by Chris Auer) is a robotic guardian that aids the Mega Rangers in Power Rangers Megaforce. Succeeded by Orion, see below.
- Orion (Cameron Jebo) is Super Megaforce Silver in Power Rangers Super Megaforce. Acting as a sixth ranger replacement and successor of the supposed deceased, Robo Knight.
- Sir Ivan of Zandar (Davi Santos) is the Dino Charge Gold Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Charge and Dino Super Charge.
- Levi Weston (Jordi Webber) is Ninja Steel Gold in Power Rangers Ninja Steel and Super Ninja Steel.
- Nate Silva (Abraham Rodriguez) and Steel (voiced by Jamie Linehan) are respectively the Beast Morphers Gold and Beast Morphers Silver in Power Rangers Beast Morphers. They are both Sixth Rangers as they are a duo.
- Aiyon (Jordon Fite) is the Dino Fury Gold Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Fury.
As with all other CORE ranger keys, the 6th Rangers also have their own ranger keys, primarily owned and used by Orion, the Silver Mega Ranger.
The first few sixth Rangers are more popularly known by their colors only: the Green Ranger (MMPR), the White Ranger (MMPR), the Gold Ranger (Zeo), and the Silver Ranger (In Space). When sixth Rangers began using colors that were previously used in other seasons, the names became more creative. For instance, the Titanium Ranger could not have been called "the Silver Ranger", because Power Rangers in Space already had a Silver Ranger. The Phantom Ranger is also sometimes considered to be a sixth Ranger. Since "the Black Ranger" would seem to refer to MMPR black, he used a more creative moniker. Simple color designations returned in RPM, but the order of the words was reversed (e.g. Ranger Gold and Ranger Silver), which kept the names unique. The Gold Samurai Ranger from Power Rangers Samurai has also been known as the Gold Ranger, but that name is more likely to recall the Gold Zeo Ranger for many fans. In the Spanish dub of Power Rangers Dino Charge, the Gold Ranger is dubbed as "Ranger Oro", like the metallic element from which comes that color.
Most Sixth Rangers retain the basic look of the core Rangers while adding or changing a few significant elements. For instance, the first Green Ranger has triangles instead of diamonds on both gloves and boots, a gold morpher instead of a silver morpher, and a gold chestplate that none of the others have. The Quantum Ranger's suit has black where the other Time Force Rangers' have white, and the triangles on his helmet and chest are jagged instead of straight. Some exceptions exist, particularly Robo Knight and other heroes with debatable Ranger status.
- As of Power Rangers Megaforce, the term 'Sixth Ranger' was officially used. It was used at the time to refer to Robo Knight. Super Megaforce cements this by naming Orion's Ranger Keys the Legendary Sixth Ranger Keys.
- ABC Family once aired a "Sixth Ranger Marathon", showcasing the debut of every Sixth Ranger as of Wild Force. Notably, both the Phantom Ranger and Magna Defender were included. 
- For the 25th Anniversary Artist Tribute Book, there was a page containing all the Sixth Rangers helmets up to the Ninja Steel Gold Ranger. The Phantom Ranger was included in this. 
- Ryan is the only sixth Ranger to not have a Sentai counterpart. As such, he does not have a Sentai Ranger key; however, a limited edition Ranger Key was made for him in the toyline.
- The Legendary Dino Chargers and Ninja Power Stars released as toyline exclusives classifies several characters as Sixth Rangers.
All items (30)