|This article is about a/an list of monsters in Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.|
Minosaurs (マイナソー Mainasō) are the monsters that are made from the negative emotions of humans, objects and many others gathering together.
Normally appearing on their own, the returning Druidon Tribe reveals they discovered how to create Minosaurs directly from humans (including members of the Ryusoul Tribe and Druidon Tribe) and objects, with intent on using them to wipe out mankind and some nature history. Upon being infected by Kleon's slime (via ingesting it unwillingly), the victim's negative emotions instantly manifest into a Minosaur, gaining their skills and obssesions (their speech would also be derived from the victim's biggest desire), while at the same time, draining away their life energy. The more negative emotions the Minosaur absorbs from its host, the stronger it becomes, and eventually enlarges itself. To make matters worst, if the Ryusoulger fail to destroy the Minosaurs in time, the victims will eventually be killed and thus the Minosaur will gain a completed body and become virtually unstoppable. According to Bamba, an alternative method of destroying the Minosaurs is when they killed the victims, it will cut off the Minosaur's life energy causing the Minosaurs to be destroyed too which is shown to the Mimic Minosaur when Bamba destroyed the chest box from an antique store. Minosaurs are based on mythical creatures.
Human Originated Minosaurs
- Dragon Minosaur (Minosaur Complete Body) (1)
- Basilisk Minosaur (1, 14)
- Unicorn Minosaur (2)
- Medusa Minosaur (3)
- Kraken Minosaur (4, 9)
- Cerberus Minosaur (5, 9)
- Cerberus Minosaur (elder brother) (6)
- Cockatrice Minosaur (7-8)
- Troll Minosaur (10)
- Shen Minosaur (11-12)
- Kelpie Minosaur (14)
- Primogenitor Minosaur (Movie)
- Pan Minosaur (15)
- Ghost Ship Minosaur (17)
- Arachne Minosaur (19)
- Grimoire Minosaur (20)
- Dwarf Minosaur (24)
- Grim Reaper Minosaur (25)
- Dodomeki Minosaur (26-27)
- Beelzebub Minosaur (28)
- Dullahan Minosaur (30)
- Fairy Minosaur (31)
- Sylph Minosaur (36)
- Gnome Minosaur (37)
- Wizard Minosaur (39)
- Phantom Minosaur (42)
- Griffon Minosaur (stage show and Ryusoulger VS Lupinranger VS Patranger)
Object Originated Minosaurs
Ryusoul Tribe-Originated Minosaurs
- The Minosaurs are the first Sentai monsters to be created from humans (a trend frequently used in Kamen Rider). Because of this, The Minosaurs evoke many Monsters from the Kamen Rider series such as the Dopants, the Zodiarts, the Phantoms, the Smash and the Another Riders.
- However, the Minosaurs' drawing on the negative emotions of the chosen human for power is more in line with the Bugsters, who became more powerful based on the stress level and effect they had on their human host. Similarly, Gates would become Phantoms if they had lost their hope and reason to live.
- With at least two Minosaurs now being made from objects, a parallel for the Minosaurs can also be drawn to the Yummies, which can only drawn from desires of humans to take form, but also objects with strong feelings connected to them. (Though this is only shown to done by one Greeed or someone who has his O Medals within them.)
- The Minosaurs being based off mythological animals of various myths is similar to the Phantoms from Kamen Rider Wizard and the Dora Monsters from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.
- The Minosaurs having superhuman abilities yet possess little to no human consciousness is similar the Smash from Kamen Rider Build.
- In some regards, this is similar to some members of the Giganoids from Abaranger, Vaglass' MegaZords in Go-Busters, and Hades Beasts from Magiranger to name a few. These creatures all act more on instinct rather than conscience thought.
- The name Minosaur is a combine of the names Minotaur and Dinosaur, who changed one letter.
- Alternatively, the name might be a combination of the words "Minus" And Dinosaur, minus coming from the negative emotions that create them.
- With some notable execptions, the Minosaurs draw some design elements from the Rinjuken Beast-Men & Genjuken members of Juken Sentai Gekiranger (i.e., the face of the creature they are based on is located on their torso).
- The Minosaurs being born from negative human emotions is similar to the Minus Energy Kaiju from Ultraman 80.
- According to the page for each Minosaur in TV Asahi website, each Minosaur has their own EXP point as if they are monsters in a game, but it is currently unknown what this would serve in the series.
- Unlike most monsters of the week that grow after being destroyed or injured, the Minosaurs have a more efficient method of growing, becoming gigantic when they get stronger.
All items (36)
- Ghost Ship Minosaur
- Gnome Minosaur
- Golem Minosaur
- Griffon Minosaur
- Grim Reaper Minosaur
- Grimoire Minosaur