This article is a stub, meaning it needs more information to be a full article. You can improve this RangerWiki article by expanding it if more information is available. If you believe this article to be a dead stub, it may need to be deleted in accordance with the Style Guide.
|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.|
- "Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger!"
- ―Roll call
The Lupinrangers are the 42nd Super Sentai team, and first of the VS Sentai. They are a group of phantom thieves fighting to reclaim the valued treasures of the Lupin Collection from the Interdimensional Crime Group Gangler so as to fulfill their wish of saving their loved ones.
|Lupin Red||Kairi Yano||Asahi Itou / Hizuki Ando (child)|
|Lupin Blue||Tooma Yoimachi||Shogou Hama / Hikaru Yamazaki (child)|
|Lupin Yellow||Umika Hayami||Haruka Kudo / Haruka Sasaki (child)|
|Lupin X||Noel Takao||Seiya Motoki / Hakuto Yamada (child)|
Prior to the series start, the three Lupinrangers each had a loved one that was apparently killed by a mysterious whistling Gangler Monster that froze them solid before they shattered. In their grief, each was approached by Kogure, who presented them with a VS Changer and a Dial Fighter, and promised to restore their loved ones to them in return for the retrieval of the Lupin Collection.
Infiltrating the illegal casino of Gangler Monster Ruretta Gerou, the three Lupinrangers beat officers of GSPO in shutting down his operations as they retrieved the Comme un cube qui roule. On the following day, while his teammates picked up the slack at Bistrot Jurer, Kairi returned the Lupin Collection item to Kogure while receiving next objective; the Allume-moi held by Garatt Nargo at the vacant Konoe Factory on Kurehama Pier. Though caught by Ruretta with his teammates Tooma Yoimachi and Umika Hayami at the Monster's mercy, the Lupinranger soon revealed their proficiency in saving themselves while working in a team. However, their battle was interrupted by the same trio of GSPO officers who, to the surprise of the thieves, revealed their own VS Changers which they used to transform into the Patrangers with the intent to arrest both the Gangler and the Lupinrangers.
In the ensuing battle, Nargo took his leave as the two Sentai fought, with the Lupinrangers eventually taking off in their enlarged Dial Fighters. Though the Patrangers took pursuit in the Trigger Machines, the Lupinrangers were ultimately successful in eluding the police. While officially enemies, the Patrangers' promise to eliminate the Gangler threat struck a chord with the Lupinrangers' own. Once Nargo returned to wreak havoc, the Lupinrangers faced him first, followed by the Patrangers. After acquiring his piece of the Lupin Collection, Kairi was content to leave him to the Patrangers, but when he was revived and enlarged, the Lupinrangers boarded their Dial Fighters to face him. Assisted by GoodStriker, a sentient piece of the Lupin Collection whom initially appeared on the Patrangers' side, the Lupinrangers found that they could used his power to combine their Fighters into the Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser, allowing them to destroy the Gangler Monster once and for all. Taking their new friend, named "Goodie" by Umika, back home to the Bistrot Jurer, the three thieves were met by the Tactical Unit officers.
Though the thieves were put on edge, it was soon apparent that the police were unaware of their identities and the Tactical Unit had simply come to eat, however, they were called away before they could order; at this time, Goodie also took his leave. After returning the Allume-moi to Kogure, the Lupinrangers were given their next target: Namero Bacho, whom they found engaged in battle with the Patrangers. Both at the Bistrot and in battle, Tooma repeatedly jeopardized the team in his attempts to seize the Patrangers' VS Changers. Kairi confronted him on this, and presented an alternative tactic by using the Patrangers as bait to lure out the Gangler. While the Patrangers were incapacitated, the Lupinrangers, having caught up with GoodStriker, used his power in the VS Changer to finish off Namero; Lupin Red was not combined with his teammates as expected, by split in three, allowing the Lupinrangers to perform a five-man Itadaki Strike. When they mentioned not having told Kogure about Goodie, he hastily took his leave, and it was the Patrangers whose power he granted to form the Keisatsu Gattai PatKaiser and defeated the enlarged Gangler. Returning the Qui a fait qui to Kogure, the thieves learnt that GoodStriker would always be difficult to handle and that he could well have had a part in the Patrangers receiving Lupin Collection pieces, after which the Tactical Officers returned to the Bistrot for their dinner date.
Individual Weapons and Team Weapon
- Lupin Sword ◆◆◆
- Legend:◆ piloted mecha, 2-person mecha, ❖ auxiliary mecha
- Good Cool Kaiser VSX ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆❖
- Cyclone Dial Fighter ❖
- Scissor Dial Fighter & Blade Dial Fighter ❖❖
- Jackpot Striker ❖
- Magic Dial Fighter ❖
- Trigger Machine Splash ❖
- Lupin Magnum ❖
- SirenStriker ◆
- VictoryStriker ◆
- Trigger Machine Crane & Trigger Machine Drill ❖❖
- Paint Dial Fighter ❖
- Prism Dial Fighter ❖
- Music Dial Fighter ❖
- Christmas Dial Fighter ❖
- X Train Chain ❖
- Special Dial Fighter ❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser Cyclone ◆◆❖❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser Knight ◆◆❖❖❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser Hammer Knight ◆◆❖❖❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser Cyclone Knight ◆❖❖❖❖
- Hensoku PatKaiser ◆◆◆❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser Trains ◆◆◆❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinRex ◆◆◆❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser Magic ◆❖❖
- Kaitou Gattai LupinKaiser Splash Magic ❖❖❖
- Lupin Magnum Superior ❖◆◆
- Siren LupinKaiser ◆❖❖❖
- Victory LupinKaiser ◆❖❖❖
- Siren LupinKaiser Strong ◆❖❖❖❖
- Victory LupinKaiser Cyclone Knight ◆❖❖❖❖
- Victory LupinKaiser (Blue and Yellow) ◆◆◆❖
Super Sentai Fullbottle (スーパー戦隊フルボトル Sūpā Sentai Furubotoru): Used by Build to Best Match with Kamen Rider and access Super Hero Time Form. This bottle features the likeness of Lupin Red and Patren 1gou.
- The Lupin motif was previously used by the Kamen Rider of the same name. Fittingly, he was an adversary of a police Kamen Rider.
- The Lupin Girls Phantom Thieves & Trump Cards Secret x Heroine Phantomirage!.
- The team's transformation jingle bears resemblance to Lupin the Third's theme song.
- The Lupinrangers have a sound or letters in their names that spell out a word when lined up. In this case, it is "kaitou", the Japanese word for "phantom thief".
- Kairi Yano
- Tooma Yoimachi
- Umika Hayami
- The Lupinrangers' insignia was a V while the Patrangers' insignia was an S. This justifies the "VS" in the title.
- Lupinrangers are not actually the anti-heroes, but potential Sentai heroes like Gokaigers.
- Conditionally that they are both related to treasure hunter occupation-based motifs who are mistaken as enemies of full-fledge officials’ heroes.
- Despite both the Lupinrangers and the Patrangers are in the 42nd Super Sentai Series entry, only the Lupinrangers are officially classified as the 42nd Super Sentai team while the Patrangers are officially classified as the 43rd.
- The Lupinrangers are the first Sentai team to not name any of their attacks or their finishing moves.
- ↑ http://www.heroshock.com/?p=35633
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://www.rangerboard.com/showpost.php?p=5535177&postcount=220
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://cranejoe.blog.jp/archives/74902254.html
- ↑ https://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/File:Music_VS_Vehicle_names.jpg
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tokullector/status/1044730795997433858?s=21
- ↑ https://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/File:X_Train_Chain.jpg
- ↑ http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/camp/2018sentai/
- ↑ https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/293985
- ↑ http://www.heroshock.com/?p=35633
All items (5)