|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Choujuu Sentai Liveman.|
- "Choujuu Sentai Liveman!"
- ―Livemen announcing their arrival[src]
Choujuu Sentai Liveman (超獣戦隊ライブマン Chōjū Sentai Raibuman), individually known as the Livemen (ライブマン Raibuman), is the 12th Super Sentai, originally composed of three students from Academia. However, three of their fellow classmates and dear friends, Kenji Tsukigata, Rui Senda, and Goh Omura, felt their talents are being wasted and leave to join an evil organization called Volt who offers them to raise their full scientific potential. Kenji killed Takuji Yano and Mari Aikawa who were friends of the three. Soon after, one of the professors at the school, Professor Hoshi, pitches in to help Yusuke and his friends complete the suits so they can serve to prepare against Volt. Two years later, with that Kenji, Rui, and Gou now known as Doctors Kemp, Mazenda, and Obular, Volt begins its attack by devastating Academia Island. As a result, Yusuke, Joh, and Megumi take up the suits they created and become the Liveman to battle against their former classmates and Volt. Though they managed to get Goh to leave Volt, the organization recruits new members in Doctor Ashura and the aliens Guildos and Butchy. Soon after, the Livemen are joined by Tetsuya Yano and Jun'ichi Aikawa, the respective younger brothers of Takuji and Mari, while learning that there is a darker agenda behind Volt that only its leader Bias knows.
|Red Falcon||Yusuke Amamiya|
|Yellow Lion||Joh Ohara|
|Blue Dolphin||Megumi Misaki|
|Black Bison||Tetsuya Yano|
|Green Sai||Jun'ichi Aikawa|
to be added
Liveman joined up with Battle Fever, Denzimen, Sun Vulcan, Goggle V, Dynamen, Biomen, Changemen, Flashmen, and the Maskmen, to stand behind the newest Sentai, the Turborangers, as they faced off against the Hundred Boma Tribes.
Years later, the Space Empire Zangyack invaded Earth. This threat was so great that all of the first 34 Super Sentai, including Liveman, were needed to oppose them. The 34 Sentai put up a valiant fight against the ground forces, but when the Zangyack fleet itself attacked them, Akarenger told everyone to combine their powers and save the Earth. This destroyed the Zangyack fleet and resulted in the loss of their powers, which resurfaced as Ranger Keys, that were dispersed throughout the universe.
The keys were collected by AkaRed, and later utilized by the 35th Super Sentai, the Gokaigers, a group of five people from different planets who came to Earth in search of the Greatest Treasure in the Universe. Joh came across Joe Gibken (Gokai Blue) after saving a baby in its carriage from rolling down a staircase. After foiling Zangyack top-class scientist Zaien's attempts to abduct a boxer, they retrieve a datapad dropped by him containing blueprints on Barizorg's design. Upon seeing this, Joe pleaded to Joh, who has kept working as a scientist within the Academia, to look into it and find a way to return his friend Sid Bamick back to a human form, accompanying him. Upon Joh's lack of success in his attempt, he revealed to Joe that he, too, had lost cherished friends to evil (namely Goh, who actually survived his ordeal, unlike Kenji Tsukigata and Rui Senda), but decided to keep on striving as a way to at least save their souls. This drove Joe to fight Zaien with new-found courage, hoping that, even if Sid has become ostensibly dead inside Barizorg's shell, his soul would finally find rest. Before leaving, though, Joe noticed his skateboard resting against a wall and realizes he was Yellow Lion of the Liveman, the "skateboarding lion" from Navi's prophecy which his team had been seeking out. After the Gokaigers finally defeated Zangyack, they returned the Ranger Keys before they left Earth to find the second Greatest Treasure in the Universe. It is presumed the Livemen got their powers back as with all the other Super Sentai.
Super Hero Taisen
The Livemen, among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, were caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident. They were one of the five surviving Sentai, the rest having been seemingly wiped out by Kamen Rider Decade, who was apparently hunting the Sentai teams as Great Leader of Dai-Shocker. The surviving Sentai gathered before what appeared to be Akarenger, who was supposed to have been defeated by Decade, and were met by Kamen Rider #1, who had been defeated by Emperor Marvelous of Dai-Zangyack, with five surviving Riders. Facing off, Akarenger and Rider #1 decided that it was time bring an end to the war between the Sentai and Riders, and so both sides engaged each other in a skirmish that was ended with the surviving Sentai being defeated by Rider #1 as Akarenger defeated the other Kamen Riders.
However, it was subsequently revealed that what appeared to be Akaranger and Rider #1 were actually Gokai Red and Decade in disguise respectively. They had infact created the war between Super Sentai and Kamen Riders to make the two evil organizations believe that all the heroes were defeated when they were actually sent to wait in the dimensional rift. When Tsukasa and Marvelous' ruse was revealed, Liveman appeared with the other Super Sentai through the dimensional wall, they then fought alongside all the other Sentai teams and Kamen Riders against the alliance of Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack.
Super Hero Taisen Z
The Liveman trio were among the various superheroes that came to help during the Space Shocker crisis, having been summoned by Gai Ikari. They appeared with the Gingamen and Gekirangers to aid Kamen Rider Beast against a Space Shocker force led by Space Spider Man.
After Demon King Psycho was destroyed, the Livemen appeared on a cliff alongside all the other past heroes to say goodbye to the heroes of recent years before taking their leave.
The Space Pirates Return
Evidently, the Livemen loaned their Ranger Keys - at the request of Gai Ikari - to the Gokaigers whom had temporarily returned to Earth to find and bestow the Great King's Credential to the Zyuohgers. Their powers were returned when the Gokaigers left for space once more having achieved their quest.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Team Blaster and Individual Weapons
- Biomotion Buster
- Triple Bazooka ◆◆◆
- Falcon Saber ◆
- Lion Bazooka ◆
- Dolphin Arrow ◆
- Falcon Sword ◆
- Lion Punch ◆
- Bison Rod ◆
- Sai Cutters ◆
- Legend:◆ piloted mecha, ➲ carrier mecha
- Gran Tortoise ➲
Ranger KeysChoujuu Sentai Liveman Ranger Keys (超獣戦隊ライブマンレンジャーキー Chōjū Sentai Raibuman Renjā Kī) are what became of the Livemen's powers after they along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
- Red Falcon Key (レッドファルコンキー Reddo Farukon Kī)
- Yellow Lion Key (イエローライオンキー Ierō Raion Kī)
- Blue Dolphin Key (ブルードルフィンキー Burū Dorufin Kī)
- Black Bison Key (ブラックバイソンキー Burakku Baison Kī)
- Green Sai Key (グリーンサイキー Gurīn Sai Kī)
Gokaiger/Liveman Gokai Change
|Red Falcon||Captain Marvelous|
|Blue Dolphin||Joe Gibken (male version)|
|Yellow Lion||Luka Millfy (female version)|
|Green Sai||Don Dogoier|
|Black Bison||Ahim de Famille (female version)|
Video game appearances
Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
The Livemen are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the arcade game Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
Super Sentai Battle Base
The Livemen are among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
Liveman is among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- Livemen are the only one Sentai team to invent and create their own powers and weapons themselves, sometimes with help from other people.
- The exceptions are Tetsuya and Jun'ichi, who were given their powers by Yuusuke in episode 30. It is unknown, who created Black Bison's and Green Sai's powers, but it's presumed that they were made by the main trio.
- The Livemen are the first Sentai team to have a Super Fusion Robo, Super Live Robo (combination of Live Robo and Live Boxer).
- They are also the first team to have both a Black Ranger and a Green Ranger in the core team instead of interchanging them wherein one will be featured but not the other (or in the case of the Zyurangers, the Ohrangers, Gingamen, and [technically] the Zyuohgers) wherein one is in the core team and the other will join later as the sixth member) followed by the Go-Ongers, Kyoryugers and Ryusoulgers.
- The Livemen's colors (Red/Yellow/Blue/Black/Green) are exactly the same as the Olympic Rings.
- Blue Dolphin is the first female Blue Sentai warrior.
- This is also the first team to have three members from the start with two members joining later on.
- The plot point of a Black Ranger and Green Ranger duo joining an already established three-Ranger team would be used again in Engine Sentai Go-Onger (although Hant and Gunpei would join the Go-ongers in the second episode as opposed to the thirtieth).
- In various dubs, their codenames were changed:
- In the French dub, their transformed codenames renamed as: Aéro Condor (Red Falcon), Lion Méteore (Yellow Lion), Paléo Dauphin (Blue Dolphin), Méta Bison (Black Bison) and Rhino Fort (Green Sai), while their group name was Bioman or Liveman. Their group transformation code was changed to "Mission Gamma!" ("Gamma Mission!"). The individual mechas of the first three members were named as their ranger designations and LiveRobo was unnamed (the "Fusion! Live Dimension" was redubbed as "Fusion Méta-Gamma), while Live Boxer was renamed as "Phaco Bison" and Super Live Robo was renamed as "Phaco Méta-Gamma".
- In Spanish dub, their transformed codenames renamed as: Aerocóndor (Red Falcon), León Meteoro (Yellow Lion, literally: Meteor Lion), Delfín Luchador (Blue Dolphin, literally: Fighting Dolphin), unlike in the french dub, their group name was simply Bioman and the individual mechas of the first three members were named as their ranger designations and LiveRobo was unnamed (although "Fusion! Live Dimension!" was redubbed as "Fusión Metagamma", while at the end of the combination, the Livemen would just say "Bioman!"). also, their arsenal was renamed. for example: Bimotion Buster was renamed Cañón Triónico (literally, Trionic Cannon), as well the Liblaster was renamed Pistola Metarrayo (Meta-Ray Pistol) and the final line of the rollcall (where in the Japanese original they would say "Choujuu Sentai! Liveman") was redubbed as "Formación de Combate! Bioman!" (literally: Fighting Formation! Bioman!)
- In the Latin American Spanish dub, their transformed codenames were translated literally: Halcon Rojo (Red Falcon), León Amarillo (Yellow Lion), Delfín Azul (Blue Dolphin), Bisonte Negro (Black Bison) and Rinoceronte Verde (Green Sai) and the final line of the rollcall (where in the Japanese original they would say "Choujuu Sentai! Liveman") was redubbed as "La Super Fuerza! Liveman" (literally:The Super Force! Liveman! - the title of the series when it was dubbed in Latin America-).
- Ninja Rangers - The first Ranger team to have a female Blue Ranger.
- Ranger Operators - The first Ranger team to have both a Green Ranger and a Black Ranger in the core team.
- Retro Rangers -The first apperance of Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/Black by a team of rangers in Power Rangers, but this was made up of rangers from past seasons (SPD, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, Mystic Force, MMPR)
All items (5)