|This article is about a/an set of rangers in Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue.|
|Red Lightspeed Ranger||Carter Grayson||Sean Cw Johnson|
|Blue Lightspeed Ranger||Chad Lee||Michael Chaturantabut|
|Green Lightspeed Ranger||Joel Rawlings||Keith Robinson|
|Yellow Lightspeed Ranger||Kelsey Winslow||Sasha Williams|
|Pink Lightspeed Ranger||Dana Mitchell||Alison MacInnis|
|Titanium Ranger||Ryan Mitchell||Rhett Fisher|
- "Lightspeed had developed technology and highly sophisticated weapons that we believe can stop them. Because of your skills, you've been chosen to use these weapons to defend the city. To become Lightspeed Power Rangers."
- ―Captain Mitchell[src]
In ancient times, Queen Bansheera and her army of Demons were imprisoned in the Shadow World by the Sorcerer Of The Sands. Hundreds of years later, Captain William "Bill" Mitchell and his children Dana and Ryan encountered the spirit of her general, Diabolico, after ending up on the side of a cliff due to a car accident. Unable to hold on to both of his children, Mitchell asked Diabolico to save Ryan; the Demon agreed, but took Ryan to raise as his own. Thus alerted to the threat of the Demons, Mitchell founded Lightspeed Rescue and built its headquarters, the Lightspeed Aquabase, underwater due to the Demon race's weakness to water.
After several years, signs of the Demons returning became evident, and Captain Mitchell sent out operatives to gather recruits. In addition to Dana-who had been trained as as an emergency medical technician-Mitchell selected Carter Grayson, Chad Lee, Joel Rawlings, and Kelsey Winslow to serve as the Lightspeed Rangers. The team fought a number of battles against the Demon forces under Diabolico, gaining new weapons and equipment over time as the Demon threat increased. Eventually, the Titanium Morpher was developed, but proved too dangerous for an ordinary human to use. However, the morpher was then stolen by a very unexpected Titanium Ranger candidate: Mitchell's long-lost son Ryan, who had been raised to believe that his father had abandoned him in favor of Dana.
Ryan fought against the other Rangers for some time, until their heroic efforts and those of his father-as well as the obvious evil of the Demons-began to awaken his inner moral sense. Eventually he joined the other Rangers, and together they succeeded in destroying Diabolico. Unfortunately, his role was quickly assumed by Bansheera's son Olympius, who began laying the groundwork for the return of Bansheera herself. During this time, Olympius employed the demon Triskull and his Ghouls to kidnap humans so that their life-force might be drained to restore Bansheera. However, in reality Triskull was working for the space villainess Trakeena, and the Lightspeed Rangers were only able to defeat her with help from the Galaxy Rangers.
Diabolico later returned to continue threatening the Rangers as well, and shortly thereafter Bansheera was restored to full life as well. The Rangers continued to battle against them, and eventually destroyed all but Bansheera, Jinxer, and their Batlings. However, the villains managed to destroy several of the Megazords, seizing control of the Lifeforce Megazord and Omega Megazord for use in their ritual to revive the fallen Demons. Fortunately, they were able to thwart Bansheera's plans with help from a repentant Diabolico's spirit, trapping her in the Shadow World yet again. The Aquabase and all the Megazords were destroyed, but the Rangers' powers remained active.
Some time later, the Demoness Vypra returned from the grave in a plan to unleash a Super Demon named Quarganon. Unable to retrieve it herself, she joined forces with Ransik and his force of Mutants. As such, the Lightspeed Rangers reunited and joined forces with the Time Force Rangers in order to vanquish their united foes.
Legacy of Power
The Lightspeed Rangers were featured in a chronicle of Power Ranger history compiled by Tommy Oliver shortly after he formed the Dino Rangers, which was found by the nascent Ranger team in the Dino Lab.
The Lightspeed Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers.
- Legend:◆ piloted zord, ✶ team-piloted zord, ● other
Lightspeed Rescuezord System
- Lightspeed Solarzord ◆◆◆◆◆◆
- Lifeforce Megazord ✶
Rail Rescue System
- Supertrain Megazord ◆◆◆◆◆
- Omega Megazord: Power-Up Mode ◆◆◆◆◆●
Legendary Ranger Keys
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue Ranger Keys: These represent the Lightspeed Rangers.
Super Megaforce/Lightspeed Rescue Legendary Ranger Mode
|Red Lightspeed Ranger||Troy Burrows|
|Blue Lightspeed Ranger||Noah Carver|
|Yellow Lightspeed Ranger||Gia Moran|
|Green Lightspeed Ranger||Jake Holling|
|Pink Lightspeed Ranger||Emma Goodall|
- The name Lightspeed Ranger was used by Carter to refer to himself.
- This team differs from its Sentai counterpart in having a Sixth Ranger exclusive to Power Rangers as opposed to Americanizing the sixth member of the Sentai team, Beast-Demon Hunter Sieg.
- This is also the only season where the team's Sixth Ranger is completely American-made as its Sentai counterpart lacks a Sixth Ranger.
- The Lightspeed Rangers are the first human Rangers where their helmets do not have silver mouthpieces or sculpted lips.
- This is the first season where the Rangers' visors are openable revealing their faces, followed by Ninja Storm.
- This is the last season where the Rangers have white gloves and boots as part of their suits until Ninja Steel.
- This team marked the first occasion where the Rangers' powers came from purely human technology, rather than alien science or magic.
All items (6)