|This article is about a/an set of Super Sentai team in the Super Sentai series.|
- "Our hope that transcends time. We are the Kyoryu Super Sentai!"
- ―Zyurangers, Abarangers, and Kyoryugers announcing their arrival[src]
The Kyoryu Super Sentai (恐竜スーパー戦隊 Kyōryū Sūpā Sentai, Dinosaur Super Squadrons) are a group of three Sentai teams based on dinosaurs, composed of the Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, and Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger (sans Burai, Mikoto Nakadai, Asuka, Ramirez, Tessai, Yayoi, and Torin). They made their first appearance together in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters: Dinosaur Great Battle! Farewell, Eternal Friends where, aided by the Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, they fought the forces of Space War God Borudosu.
|TyrannoRanger||Yamato Tribe Prince Geki|
|MammothRanger||Sharma Tribe Knight Goushi|
|TriceraRanger||Etoffe Tribe Knight Dan|
|TigerRanger||Dime Tribe Knight Boi|
|PteraRanger||Lithia Tribe Princess Mei|
|Kyoryu Red||Daigo Kiryu|
|Kyoryu Black||Ian Yorkland|
|Kyoryu Blue||Nobuharu Udo|
|Kyoryu Green||Souji Rippukan|
|Kyoryu Pink||Amy Yuuzuki|
The Kyoryugers were alerted by their mentor, Wise God Torin of an evil presence above the city, seeing a strange energy from the sky before a mysterious green-eyed Tyrannosaurus briefly appeared with a warning that their friend could die. The Kyoryugers were then ambushed by a group of Zorima, Golem Soldiers, and Barmia Soldiers before an armored figure named Neo-Geilton arrived with a figure he had just kidnapped. Revealed to be Ryoga Hakua of the Abarangers, he transformed and suddenly attacked the Kyoryugers. Luckily, the Go-Busters arrived and held off Aba Red before Tyranno Ranger of the Zyurangers turned the tide alongside his captor Neo-Grifforzar. After they and their teams retreated, Hiromu thanked Daigo for helping him and Gokai Red before they were ambushed by Enter. Enter explained that he and Escape had been resurrected as part of a Vaglass restoration program that had been activated in response to the evil force that Neo-Grifforzar and Neo-Geilton served: Boldos, a being created from the combined malice of Dai Satan and Dezumozorlya that was targeting the dinosaur-themed Super Sentai teams to have their Dino Hope extracted and converted into Wicked Life Energy to complete his evolution.
With the Go-Busters and Beet J. Stag holding off the enemies, the Kyoryugers arrived at the site too late to save Ryouga and Geki in what was revealed to be a trap set for them, with Zyudenryu Gabutyra defeated by Neo-Grifforzar and infused by Voldos's power. By the time the Go-Busters found them, the Kyoryugers had also been placed under Voldos's control as he sent them back in time to kill the dinosaurs. Upon encountering the dinosaurs, the Kyoryugers almost killed them when the green eyed Tyrannosaurus protecting them from an eruption broke the spell as Daigo recognized the dinosaur as Gabutyra in his original state. The Gabutyra of the past proceeded to explain to them the warning he told Daigo related to his future self who was dying from Voldos's influence and that only Daigo could save him with the power of Dino Hope. Elsewhere, with help from the Abarangers' Yukito Sanjyo using a specially made Super Sentai Zyudenchi, Yayoi created a time portal to bring the Kyoryugers back to the present time.
Meanwhile, the Go-Busters and Kyoryu Silver mounted a rescue mission to save Ryouga and Geki when they were kept back by the Deboth Knights and Luckyuro while Neo-Grifforzar and Neo-Geilton took their captives with them. However, the Kyoryugers arrived and fought a losing battle against the grunts while Ryouga and Geki made a mutual attempt to fight Escape before Daigo found the dying Gabutyra. Luckily, upon being joined by Jay alongside Masato Jin due to the activation of one-time anti-virus program, the reunited Go-Busters team driven off the Deboth Army while destroying the satellite stations as Daigo succeeded in restoring Gabutyra to life. Joined by the assembled Zyuranger and Abaranger teams, using the Abaranger and Zyuranger Zyudenchi to give Gabutyra support in replicas of Guardian Beast Tyrannosaurus and Bakuryuu Tyrannosaurus to deal with the villains' giant reinforcements, the Kyoryugers transformed and the gathered Dinosaur Super Sentai take out the grunts. After the main team obliterated Enter in his Dark Buster form, Kyoryu Gold destroyed Escape while the Abarangers defeated Neo-Geilton. Regrouping with the Zyurangers, the Dinosaur Super Sentai all combined the Kentrospiker, Howling Cannon, and Dino Bomber into the Ultimate Howling Cannon to destroy Neo-Grifforzar.
However, Neo-Grifforzar contained the blast as he departed to space to sacrifice himself so the amassed energy could complete Voldos's evolution. Though the Kyoryugers formed Raiden Kyoryuzin, with the Guardian Beast Tyrannosaurus and Bakuyuu Tyranno replicas transforming into Daizyuzin and Abarenoh, the Dinosaur Super Sentai were powerless against Voldos. Luckily, having obtained the Go-Busters Zyudenchi from Masato before he faded back into data, Red Buster summoned Tategami Lioh whose head was used in the Tategami Raiden Kyoryuzin formation so it, Daizyuzin, and Abarenoh could focus their powers to blast Voldos back into space. Later, after giving their goodbyes to the Gabutyra of the past, the Kyoryugers decided to join the Go-Busters in a victory meal.
ZyudenchiA Super Sentai Zyudenchi (スーパー戦隊獣電池 Sūpā Sentai, Super Squadron Beast Batteries) featuring the likenesses of the three Kyoryu Super Sentai Red Rangers is a part of the toyline which can be used in Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O.
- There is a noticeable pattern that each Kyoryu Super Sentai team follows:
- Each Red Ranger is based on a Tyrannosaurus.
- Also, each Red Ranger has his own exclusive power-up form (Armed TyrannoRanger, AbareMax, Kyoryu Red Carnival).
- Each have Rangers that are based on a Triceratops and a Pteranodon.
- Each Sixth Ranger has died, though only Utsusemimaru was revived.
- Each Sixth Ranger theme is not actually dinosaur.
- Each have a Ranger who was evil at some point (DragonRanger, AbareKiller, Deathryuger).
- Each have sentient mechs, but only the Kyoryugers' Zyudenryu are not capable of verbal speech.
- Each have a large Mecha based on a Brachiosaurus (King Brachion, Brachio, Bragigas).
- Each series has a mecha team attack to which they can combine power of their mecha together for an ultimate attack (though in the Bakuryuu's case, this was a one-time only attack in the series finale, and without TopGaler).
- Each team has their own combining weapon. (Howling Cannon, Dino Bomber, Kentrospiker), though only the Abaranger were able to advance their combining weapon even further (Super Dino Bomber and Superior Dino Bomber).
- Each team has at least one member not from modern Japanese society. The Zyurangers were all from prehistoric earth, one of the Abarangers came from an alternate dimension and several members of the Kyoryugers, namely Utsusemimaru, Ramirez and Tessai were from different time periods of human history.
- Each series has the team go up against an Knight-themed armor-based character, Dora Knight, Armor of Darkness, and Raging Knight Dogold.
- Also each series has a ranger connected to a Knight-themed character: the Black Knight (Zyuranger) was Geki and Burai's father, while both Asuka and Utsusemimaru wore and were possessed by the Armor of Darkness and Dogold until they were later freed after fighting their teammates (Mikoto's wearing of the Armor of Darkness does not count as he only wore it briefly before it dissolved).
- Each main villain (Dai-Satan, Wicked Life God Dezumozorlya, and Transcendenterfly God Deboth) was a Sentai Deity and were connected to the destruction of the Dinosaurs in the past.
- Each series has a non-ranger villain (Bandora Gang, Destruction Messenger Jannu, Disciple of Dawn Lije, Joyful Knight Candelilla, and Funfilled Spy Luckyuro) fully reform by the end of their respective series.
- Each series had the team face a Dinosaur mecha of their partner's species that were evil, controlled by an evil master, or under a curse (Dragon Caesar, KillerOh, BakurenOh, Pteraiden-Oh, and SpinoDaiOh). Notably with the exception of BakurenOh, these mecha were later reformed.
- Each Red Ranger is based on a Tyrannosaurus.
- As well as the three Kyoryu Super Sentai, several other Sentai teams use Dinosaur Mecha (Timerangers, Go-Ongers, Shinkengers, Goseigers, Gokaigers), all of them being a Tyrannosaurus.
- This is highlighted in Super Hero Taisen Z where manifestations of Guardian Beast Tyrannosaurus and Bakuryuu Tyrannosaurus as well as V-Rex, Engine T-line, Kyoryu Origami, Tyranno Headder, and GoZyuRex, appeared around the Gabutyra head of Kyoryuzin as its Miracle Combination prepared the Zyuden Brave Strike End Rider Kick attack which destroyed Demon King Psycho.
- As of 2019, it is unknown if the Ryusoulgers will be added to the lineup.
All items (23)