|This article is about a/an team of rangers in J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai.|
- "We are the J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai!"
- ―J.A.K.Q. team announcing their arrival[src]
J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai (ジャッカー電撃隊 Jakkā Dengekitai), also simply known as J.A.K.Q. (ジャッカー Jakkā, pronounced "Jacker"), is the 2nd Super Sentai, the codename for ISSIS’ secret "Blitzkrieg Squad" which was set up to combat the cyborg assassins of Crime. The J.A.K.Q. project was the brainchild of Daisuke Kujirai, a brilliant engineer and bionics specialist who was the Tokyo ISSIS branch commander.
|Spade Ace||Goro Sakurai|
|Dia Jack||Ryu Higashi|
|Heart Queen||Karen Mizuki|
|Clover King||Bunta Daichi|
|Big One||Sokichi Banba|
While investigating a UFO in the Sky Ace, the JAKQ team were caught off guard by the return of the reformed Crime with the Crime Big Four leading Iron Claw's armies. The next day, Heart Queen and Spade Ace encountered Peggy Matsuyama (Momorenger), who had pursued the Sahara Army to Japan. After Peggy reveals the markings on a murdered man's back, JAKQ learned of Crime's Citybuster project and the location of the syndicate's island base. Managing to infiltrate Crime's base, Ace and Queen learned of Iron Claw's plan to use the "Citybusters" on United States, the Soviet Union, the People's Republic of China, France, the United Kingdom, West Germany, and Japan while he and his forces retreated into space via UFO, wiping out any opposing threat by the time their return as overlords of space. After saving Peggy, Spade Ace and Heart Queen escaped the base before they were surrounded by the Crime Big Four and their armies. However, Clover King and Dia Jack along with the rest of the Gorenger team appeared. The two Sentai teams managed to defeat the four Crime armies before the Crime Big Four join the fray. But unable to defeat JAKQ and Gorenger in their individual forms, they “combined” to form the super cyborg entity “Big Four Robo”, overwhelming them until Big One arrives and suggest using the Gorenger Hurricane Big Bomber combo to destroy the monster. However, though it seemed hopeless as Iron Claw retreated in his UFO and began to activate the Citybuster, it turned out Big One switched his hand with a remote controlled one that he used to activate the UFO's self destruct. Thus the Gorengers and JAKQ managed to finish Crime for good.
Years later, the Space Empire Zangyack invaded Earth. This threat was so great that all of the first 34 Super Sentai were needed to oppose them. Big One served as right-hand man to Akarenger, who led the 34 Super Sentai. The 34 Sentai put up a valiant fight against the ground forces, but when the Zangyack fleet itself attacked them, Akarenger told everyone to combine their powers and save the Earth. This destroyed the Zangyack fleet and resulted in the loss of their powers, which resurfaced as Ranger Keys, that were dispersed throughout the universe.
The keys were collected by AkaRed, and later utilized by the 35th Super Sentai, the Gokaigers, a group of five people from different planets who came to Earth in search of the Greatest Treasure in the Universe. When the Gokaigers joined forces with the Goseigers against the revived Black Cross Führer, now known as the Black Cross King, they were addressed by Sokichi and Tsuyoshi, along with several other representatives of past Sentai teams. Sokichi thanked the Goseigers and the Gokaigers, and told them even though they are not Earthlings, their hearts that love and protect others are the same as the other Super Sentai. As with the other legends present, he granted the greater power of his team to the Gokaigers. Sokichi and his team presumably got their powers back when the Gokaigers returned the Ranger Keys before leaving Earth after finally defeating the Zangyack.
Super Hero Taisen
J.A.K.Q., among the majority of the Super Sentai heroes, were caught up in the "Super Hero Taisen" incident. They were presumably sent to the dimensional rift, under the pretense of being defeated, by Kamen Rider Decade while he was apparently hunting the Sentai teams. When his and Captain Marvelous' ruse was revealed, J.A.K.Q. appeared with the other Super Sentai through the dimensional wall, they then fought alongside all the other Sentai teams and Kamen Riders against the alliance of Dai-Shocker and Dai-Zangyack.
The Space Pirates Return
Evidently, J.A.K.Q. loaned their Ranger Keys - at the request of Gai Ikari - to the Gokaigers whom had temporarily returned to Earth to find and bestow the Great King's Credential to the Zyuohgers. Their powers were returned when the Gokaigers left for space once more having achieved their quest.
Zyuohger vs. Ninninger
Chou Super Hero Taisen
Iterations of the J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai existed within the Game World among a countless complement of recreated Sentai and Rider characters; both Heart Queen and Spade Ace participated in the Chou Super Hero Taisen tournament as part of Team Detective and Team Card respectively.
In other media
5 Years and 3 Magical Groups
The J.A.K.Q. quartet makes a cameo in the 22nd episode of this series brodcast on May 16th 1977.
- J.A.K.Q. Gear
- Spade Arts ◆
- Dia Sword ◆
- Heart Cute ◆
- Club Megaton ◆
- Big Baton ◆
- Legend:✶ team-piloted mecha
- Sky Ace ✶
The J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai Ranger Keys (ジャッカー電撃隊レンジャーキー Jakkā Dengekitai Renjā Kī) are what became of the JAKQ team's powers after they along with the rest of the 34 Super Sentai sacrificed their powers to end the Great Legend War.
- Spade Ace Key (スペードエースキー Supēdo Ēsu Kī)
- Dia Jack Key (ダイヤジャックキー Daiya Jakku Kī)
- Heart Queen Key (ハートクインキー Hāto Kuin Kī)
- Clover King Key (クローバーキングキー Kurōbā Kingu Kī)
- Big One Key (ビッグワンキー Biggu Wan Kī)
Gokaiger/J.A.K.Q. Gokai Change
|Spade Ace||Captain Marvelous|
|Dia Jack||Joe Gibken|
|Big One||Luka Millfy (female version)|
|Clover King||Don Dogoier|
|Heart Queen||Ahim de Famille|
The J.A.K.Q. keys, along with all the Ranger Keys of the first 33 Super Sentai, were briefly taken by the Black Cross King and turned into Ranger puppets that were fought by the Gokaigers and the Goseigers. The J.A.K.Q. keys were defeated by Super Gosei Red.
Marvelous beame Big One as part of an all-white Gokai Change in the Gokaigers' fight with Makuu Prison Chief Ashrada.
Joe became Dia Jack as part of a bombardment of changes in the final battle with Emperor Ackdos Gill.
After Zangyack were finally defeated, the Gokaigers gave the Ranger Keys back to their rightful owners. It is presumed that J.A.K.Q. have their powers back.
Before that, after they gained the Magirangers' Greater Power of MagiDragon, Luka Millfy (Gokai Yellow) tried to summon the Greater Power of JAKQ, which, seeing as how the Magiranger's Greater Power was MagiDragon, guessed was the J.A.K.Q. Blitzkrieg Dragon, but nothing came out of GokaiOh. The Gokaigers soon realised that they would have to find the 33 remaining Greater Powers themselves.
Ultimately, this Greater Power was never used in the shows' run.
Video game appearances
Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
J.A.K.Q. is among all the Sentai teams which appear in the arcade game Super Sentai Battle: Dice-O
Super Sentai Battle Base
J.A.K.Q. is among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Battle Base.
Super Sentai Legend Wars
J.A.K.Q. is among all the Sentai teams which appear in the mobile game Super Sentai Legend Wars.
- JAKQ is the first team to not have a Yellow Ranger, followed by Battle Fever J, Changemen, Kyoryuger and Ryusoulger.
- They are the first team to have a White Ranger (Big One).
- They are the first team to be joined by an additional Ranger (Big One).
- After Big One's arrival, they became the first team not to be led by a Red Ranger.
- They are the first team to be initially composed of an even number of Rangers (4). It is likewise the first to start with less than five, followed by Sun Vulcan, Livemen, Hurricanegers, Abarangers, Gekirangers, Go-Ongers and Go-Busters.
- The Abarangers is the only team aside from J.A.K.Q. to have a four-man main team.
- J.A.K.Q. is the only Sentai to be entirely composed of cyborgs, making them similar to the Kamen Riders, particularly from the Showa era. Since J.A.K.Q. along with Gorenger was created by Shotaro Ishinomori, this is likely not a coincidence.
- They are the only 5-person Sentai team where the Red Ranger is not in the center.
- Ninja Storm Rangers - The original Power Rangers team as well as the start to with less than five
- Dino Rangers - The original Power Rangers team as well as to have a four-man main team.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - The first Ranger team to have a White Ranger.
- Dino Charge Rangers - The original Power Rangers team without Yellow Ranger
- Aquitar Rangers - The original Power Rangers team not to be led by a Red Ranger.
- Time Force Rangers - As the First Group of Power Rangers to have their Visors not colored Black
All items (5)