|This article is about a/an villain group in Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.|
- ""Those with the greatest power shall rise up on their own."That...is what makes a Gangler."
- ―Dogranio regarding the philosophy of Gangler[src]
The Interdimensional Criminal Group Gangler (異世界犯罪者集団ギャングラー Isekai Hanzai Shūdan Gyangurā) was a crime syndicate which hails from the Back World. Using the items from the Lupin Collection stored in a safe somewhere on their bodies, the members are able to power up and threaten humans.
Seizing the Lupin Collection
Dogranio Yaboon shamed the descendant of Arsène Lupin when he seized the Lupin Collection, an assembly of immensely powerful treasures gathered by the legendary phantom thief. He went on to bestow individual pieces of the Lupin Collection to his Gangler Monster followers, Kogure assembled the Lupinrangers to retrieve them on behalf of his master.
Around the time of Yaboon's 998th birthday in 2017, a Gangler Monster named Zamigo Delma used his power of freezing to cause the deaths of dozens of humans. Among the bereaved were a trio of youths whom were recruited by Kogure, a servant of Lupin's descendant, to become the Lupinrangers and reclaim the Lupin Collection.
Reaching the age of 999, Dogranio was thrown a grand birthday party in which he made the shocking announcement that he intended to retire, promising that the position of his successor would go to the Gangler whom successfully conquered the human world.
Seizing the New VS Vehicles
Seizing a New VS Vehicle and Discovery of Zamigo
A Desire for Fame, Speed, and Haunted Houses
The Trap for the Patrangers and the Lupin Collection's Secret
The Arrival of X
The Raimon Gang
Auctions, Dancing, and Birthdays
Goche's Experiment and the Aftermath
The Lupin Magnum
VictoryStriker and SirenStriker
Christmas, Games, Hidden Secrets and Sacrifices
Dogranio's Last Stand
With its members dead and Dogranio incarcerated, the damage done by the Gangler's reign begins to dissapate, as the world begins to heal. However, several individual monster-of-the-week level Ganglers still remain at large and a new leader shall rise...
Behind the scenes
The Interdimensional Crime Group Gangler serves as the evil organization in the 42nd Super Sentai Series entry Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger (2018-19).
- The Gangler are designed by Masato Hisa & Ryosuke Shibuya.
- The Gangler are based on a hybrid of prehistoric animals, weapons and bones.
- Their motif of an organic and inorganic object brings to mind the eponymous protagonist of Lupinranger VS Patranger's partner Super Hero Time show Kamen Rider Build, whose forms are also based on an organic and inorganic object.
- The Gangler are the first Sentai Villain group who's motif's are that of prehistoric animals.
- Their motif and powers foreshadows the next Sentai series.
- They are similar to Vaglass from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters in terms of using a key plot point to threaten humans (Vaglass: Enetron; Gangler: The Lupin Collection).
- Some background Gangler members in the first episode appear to have elements of their bodies reused from past monster/villain costumes.
- It's possible that their name comes from the words "gang" and "burglar" (Due to their group being based on a crime syndicate) or a crouption of the word "doppelgänger" (Due to their ability to assume human form).
- The abilities of Ganglers being able to turn human whenever they want is very similar to the Phantoms from Kamen Rider Wizard.
- This is the first time the villain's boss remains alive at the end of the series since the Shadow Line of Ressha Sentai ToQger.
- This is the second full-series villain group to not introduce any new main members mid-series, after the Deathgalien of Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.
- This is the first villain to not have any of its members turn good, since the Deathgalien from Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.
- Curiously, none of the Status Gold members have had their safe break.
All items (58)
- Gabatt Kababacci
- Gangler Mansion
- Ganima Noshiagalda
- Garatt Nargo
- Giwi Newzie
- Goche Ru Medou
- Gristo Lloyd