|This article is about a/an a race of sentient mecha in Super Sentai series, most notably in Engine Sentai Go-Onger.|
This category lists all the sentient Engines featured in Engine Sentai Go-Onger. Aside from the twelve engines in Go-Onger, a thirteenth Engine, Machalcon, son of Speedor and Bear RV, appears in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
The Go-Ongers' mecha are the Engines (炎神 Enjin), denizens of Machine World with some of them pursuing Gaiark, choosing the Go-Ongers as their partners to fight Gaiark with them. While in the Human World, the Engines cannot exist in their full size and thus remove their Engine Souls to assume small forms called the Engine Casts which are kept in the Engine Attache ( Enjin Atasshu) until they are needed, resuming their true size on Earth for only ten minutes before being forcibly reverted. But to fight, the Engines need the aid of humans to resume their true forms, and their hearts allow the Engines to assume more powerful forms.
Being living beings technically, they have a few distinct features. The Engines seem to have their own diseases. When Bombe Banki rusted Speedor, Buson, and BearRV, they had to be "treated" by having the rust cleaned off them. Speedor was said to have had it worse than the other two. They can also suffer internal shock from heavy trauma, example being Speedor again when the "Golden Dragon" attacked G9 and thus he could not revert to his true self. They can recover on their own when attended to. According to Speedor as well, "As a fellow Engine, when I'm close, I should be able to detect their [Ancient Engines] aura.".
Among Engines are two subraces, the large Gian Race (ジャイアン族, Jaian Zoku) that can combine with other Engines and the rare Wing Race (ウイング族, Uingu Zoku) that are masters of aerial combat. Preceding all modern Engines however are their ancestors, the Ancient Engines ( Kodai Enjin), seemingly signaled by their train & prehistoric animal-motif, and inability to speak modern language.
It should be noted that the Engine Souls can be placed in different Engine Casts. In example, Hanto was so distracted by love with Kegalesia in disguise, that he sped through a fight with the Bate Heater Banki and tossed the Engine Souls in incorrect Casts, forcing them to fight in the wrong bodies.
Go-Onger Mecha are sentient and are fully part of the 'hero' team. The last three appear for in the movie and Episode 39 & 40.
Driven by: Sosuke Esumi
Driven by: Renn Kousaka
||||||||||||||| Bear RV
Driven by: Saki Rouyama
Driven by: Hanto Jou
Driven by: Gunpei Ishihara
Piloted by: Hiroto Sutou
Piloted by: Miu Sutou
Piloted by: Sosuke Esumi
Summoned by Sosuke Esumi
Summoned by Sosuke Esumi
Introduced in the movie, the Wandering Engines (流れ炎神, Nagare Enjin) were robbed of their hearts and Engine Casts by Maki's magic when they came to Samurai World, assuming human forms. Once in their true forms, they are able to combine into the Samurai World's analog of Engine-O, Engine Daishogun.
Engine Casts are the smaller forms of the Engines, with the exception of Engine Machalcon's. They are lifeless, as seen with their blacked-out eyes. Their value lies when the Engine Souls are inserted into them. Once done, they increase in size, back to their original form. The casts can also have the souls in them but have the option to remain in Engine Cast size.
- Engine Speedor - The back part splits horizontally to reveal the slot for Engine Soul 1
- Engine Buson - The top back has two slots, one for a Soul-like item which folds out into a sword, and the other for Engine Soul 2
- Engine Bear RV - The back has a simple trapdoor opening for Engine Soul 3.
- Engine Birca - The back wheels split to reveal an opening for Engine Soul 4.
- Engine Gunpherd - The back has a simple trapdoor opening for Engine Soul 5.
- Engine Carrigator - The mouth flap opens to reveal a slot for Engine Soul 6.
- Engine Toripter - The back has a simple trapdoor opening for Engine Soul 7.
- Engine Jetras - The back has a simple trapdoor opening for Engine Soul 8.
- Engine Jum-bowhale - The Bottom has pull-down wheels to reveal an opening for Engine Soul 9.
- Engine Kishamoth-Under the front wheels reveals an opening for Engine Soul 10.
- Engine T-line- The back has a slot for Engine Soul 11
- Engine K-line- The back has a slot for Engine Soul 12
- Engine Machalcon- The side has a slot for Engine Soul 13. This is done through GokaiOh whilst in giant size.
All items (19)