|This article is about a/an list of Rangers in the Super Sentai series.|
This is a list of Sentai Rangers who died during the series. While most rangers have been replaced, revived, or are spirits to be called upon when needed, some were never replaced. There is only one instance where a ranger was replaced completely with a different color, where Black Condor was replaced by Jeffrey Kensaki, Green Eagle, in the non-canon Choujin Sentai Jetman: Toki wo Kakete manga.
For a list of Rangers once deceased but currently resurrected see Resurrected Sentai Rangers.
Currently Deceased Sentai Rangers
Deceased Bangai Heroes
Deceased Warriors with Debatable Ranger Status
Deceased Evil Rangers
Deceased Sentai teams
List of Deaths
- Daigoro Kumano (Jiro Daruma), whom temporarily replaced Daita Ooiwa as Kirenger, was slain in battle by Can Opener Mask.
- Kensaku Shiraishi (Yukio Itou) was the first Battle Cossack who gave his life to save Mayumi Mimura. Without access to his Battle Suit, Cossack was shot down by the Cutmen.
- Mika Koizumi (Yuki Yajima) was the first Yellow4 who gave her life to defend her teammates, and dies after sustaining a brutal attack by Psygorn, due to her Bio Particles being completely depleted from the Bio Killer Gun's Anti-Bio Particles.
- Gai Yuki (Toshihide Wakamatsu) was Black Condor. Three years after the final battle of the Jetmen, Gai Yuki was mortally wounded while stopping a mugger. Though he made it to the wedding of his teammates Ryu Tendo and Kaori Rokumeikan, Gai ultimately succumbed to his injuries.
- Yamato Tribe Knight Burai (Shiro Izumi) was crushed to death due to an earthquake which occured while in suspended animation. However, he was temporarily resurrected by Spirit of Life Clotho at the order of Daizyujin. Ultimately, though he fought for a time as DragonRanger, Burai passed on as the Green Candle ran out.
- Jaden Sentai Neziranger were the evil counterparts of the Megarangers, by whom they were slain. They got turned into data card by Yuusaku Hayakawa and got destroyed.
- BullBlack (Kōji Ochiai) end his life by falling into the crater and triggering it to collapse into itself, sacrificing his life in the process. Later his spirits were now passed on Hyuuga and made him his successor.
- Naoto Takizawa (Shinji Kasahara) was the TimeFire of the 21st century. During the Great Annihilation, Naoto was caught off-guard by a Junk Droid Zenitt which shot him in the chest, causing him to fall from the railing of a high-story hospital all the way to the ground before sucumbing to his injuries soon after.
- Captain Ryuya was the TimeRed of the 30th century. Seeing two potential outcomes in which he died as TimeFire, Ryuya manipulated the course of history to ensure his survival. Ultimately, however, though Naoto Takizawa became TimeFire in his place, Ryuya was mortally wounded by Ayase as he attempted to stop the Timerangers from returning to the fateful Great Annihilation of 2001.
- Sky Ninja Shurikenger, formerly known as Asuka Kagura, was gravely wounded while fighting Seventh Spear, Sandaaru before giving his life to destroy Sixth Spear, Satarakura in a kamikaze attack in Hisho Henkei Tenkuujin.
- Mikoto Nakadai was AbareKiller. With his Bakuryuu TopGaler, he was killed due to the self-destruction of the Dino Minder, but not before taking it to detonate at safe distance from anyone else.
- Mele (Yuka Hirata) sacrificed herself by kicking the Gekirangers off to save them from Long's dragon form and later Rio (Hirofumi Araki) tries to destroy Long by sacrificing himself inside his dragon form.
- Magis (Yousuke Itou) was Gosei Green, who gave his life to save his partner Gosei Blue from Kurasunigo of 5000°C.
- The Akibarangers were an unofficial Sentai team who gave their lives to save Earth by pushing a mothership of alien invaders into the Sun.
- The Doubutsu Sentai Go-Busters were an alternative to the Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters created by a wish granted to Cheeda Nick by God after his and the Go-Busters death at the hands of the Great Demon Lord Azazel. When Azazel appeared in the new reality and slaughtered Nick and the Go-Busters again, he was entitled to a second wish which he used to bring the two Go-Busters teams together so they could defeat Azazel. After this was done, the Doubutsu Sentai Go-Busters were erased from existance as, since Nick survived, his wish for the world in which they existed was invalid.
- Masato Jin (Hiroya Matsumoto) was Beet Buster, who gave his life to save Hiromu Sakurada by sacrificing the Messiah Card preserving his body in Hyper Space in exchange for that which connected Hiromu to Enter (Syo Jinnai), allowing the latter to become Dark Buster. While his Avatar persisted long enough to ensure the termination of Enter, Masato passed on shortly after.
- Ramirez (Robert Baldwin) and Tessai (Masayuki Deai) were respectively the original Kyoryu Cyan and Kyoryu Gray whom lived centuries ago, existing as the Spirit Kyoryugers after death.
- Ferocious Knight D was Deathryuger, an evil Kyoryuger who fell in battle against his good counterparts.
- Wise God Torin (Toshiyuki Morikawa) was the first Kyoryu Silver, who allowed himself to be slain by his successor Dantetsu Kiryu so he could enter Deboth Hell and ensure that Transcendenterfly God Deboth would not revive.
- Yoshitaka Igasaki (Takashi Sasano) sacrificed himself to seal Gengetsu Kibaoni but preserved his existence through use of the End Shuriken. Ultimately, however, Yoshitaka, after transforming into AkaNinger, finally died after being stabbed in the back by Kyuemon Shingetsu Kibaoni, who claimed the End Shuriken for himself.
- Cetus (Chō) was the original Zyuoh Whale whom lived many generations ago.
- Master Red (Masaya Kikawada) sacrificed himself by protecting Koh from Tankjo's energy slash.
- Master Blue (Jouji Shibue) and Master Pink (Miyuu Sawai) stand up to shield both Melt and Asuna from the Dragon Minosaur's fire breath by pushing them out of the way.
All items (76)
- Daigoro Kumano
- Dark AkaNinger
- Dave Black
- Dave Blue
- Dave Commander
- Dave Red
- Dave Yellow
- Masako Yamada
- Masataka Shiba
- Masato Jin
- Masato Jin (V-Cinema)
- Master Black
- Master Blue
- Master Green
- Master Pink
- Master Red
- Mika Koizumi
- Mikoto Nakadai
- Mugi Grafton