|This article is about rangers in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers, and Power Rangers Zeo,|
- "Rangers of Aquitar, full power! Power of Water, Power of Light, Powers unite!"
- ―Aquitar Rangers announcing their arrival[src]
- "Thanks to the Hydro power, Mission is accomplished!"
- ―Aquitar Rangers after their Megazord victory[src]
The Aquitar Rangers, sometimes referred to as the Aquitian Rangers or Alien Rangers on Earth, are fictional characters and heroes from the Power Rangers universe, starring in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' and Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers. They are a team of Power Rangers from the planet Aquitar, and telepathically control the Battle Borg zords in battle.
|Red Aquitar Ranger||Aurico||David Bacon|
|White Aquitar Ranger||Delphine||Rajia Baroudi|
|Blue Aquitar Ranger||Cestro||Karim Prince|
|Yellow Aquitar Ranger||Tideus||Jim Gray|
|Black Aquitar Ranger||Corcus||Alan Palmer|
The Aquitian Rangers consisted of Delphine, the leader; Aurico, the field commander; Cestro, the technical expert; Corcus the expert fighter, and Tideus the strongman. As they live underwater on their native planet, they were shown to constantly need to re-hydrate themselves while on Earth or risk death.
The Aquitian Rangers were given their Power Coins and Battle Borgs by Ninjor, the guardian of the Temple of Power. Unlike other teams of Rangers, they do not have morphers and instead transmorph simply with the use of their coins. It is unconfirmed when exactly the rangers gained their powers. They were summoned to Earth by Zordon after the Earth Rangers were rendered powerless and transformed into children by Master Vile, acting as Earth's replacement Ranger team until the original Rangers could reset time to normal and retrieve the Zeo Crystal to act as a new source of power. They departed the planet again shortly before the destruction of the Command Center and the beginning of Power Rangers: Zeo.
The Aquitian Rangers briefly returned to Earth in Power Rangers Zeo to aid the Zeo Rangers in defeating the Cog Changer and Impursonator monsters, as well as assist in restoring Billy Cranston to normal as he suffers from accelerated aging. Billy is taken to Aquitar to be treated under the youth-restoring Eternal Falls, and he ultimately chooses to stay on the planet. They were also occasional allies throughout the series, most often in the Zeo Rangers' dealings with Trey of Triforia.
During Dark Specter's invasion of the universe, as shown in the monumental Power Rangers: In Space episode Countdown to Destruction, the Aquitian Rangers battled Divatox's army on Gratha, where they were defeated. They were later saved by Zordon's Energy Wave.
The Alien Rangers returned as part of the army of Legendary Rangers that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers. They return to Aquitar again.
- Legend:◆ piloted zord, ❖ aux zord
Battle Borg System
- Shogun MegaFalconzord ◆◆◆◆◆❖
Legendary Ranger Keys
- Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers Ranger Keys: These represent the Aquitar Rangers.
Super Megaforce/Aquitar Rangers Legendary Ranger Mode
|Red Aquitar Ranger||Troy Burrows|
|Blue Aquitar Ranger||Noah Carver|
|Yellow Aquitar Ranger||Gia Moran (female version)|
|Black Aquitar Ranger||Jake Holling|
|White Aquitar Ranger||Emma Goodall|
The Rangers are called four separate names during their appearance. Aquitian Rangers, Rangers of Aquitar, Aquitar Rangers and Alien Rangers.
- "Aquitian Rangers" is typically used as a reference to their race, as Delphine introduces herself as the leader of the Aquitian Rangers upon first communicating with human rangers. A celebration in their honor also had banners labeled "Aquitian Rangers"
- "Aquitar Rangers" or "Rangers of Aquitar" are used to refer to their Ranger designations most of the time. These are what the Rangers use to refer to themselves when morphing.
- "Alien Rangers" was first used by Zordon and Alpha 5 to refer to the non-human Rangers they were about to contact. In their first episode the Aquitar Rangers never referred to themselves as such, but in their second battle- a very public one, they introduced themselves as the "Alien Rangers of Aquitar".
- Unlike their Super Sentai counterparts, the Kakurangers, the Aquitian Rangers don't have powers based on animal spirits, as this ability was given to the Earth Rangers when they became the Ninja Rangers.
- This is the first team where all of its members are of the same gender as their Sentai counterpart.
- This is currently the only Ranger team without Additional Rangers that has four males and one female.
- Unlike the Power Rangers, the Aquitar Rangers did not require external devices to morph into their ranger forms. Although they were shown utilizing Power Coin-like medals to summon their Battle Borgs, the Coins were not used as part of their morphing sequence.
- Due to their short time in the series, the Aquitar Rangers received very little character development. Delphine and Cestro, the two most actively involved Aquitians, were characterized as the responsible leader and brainiac of the team respectively, mirroring their Power Ranger counterparts Tommy and Billy. Aurico, despite being the Red member of the team, contributed very little beyond being the team's field commander, and Tideus provided minor comic relief outside of battles. Corcus featured no character focus at all.
- They are the only team of Rangers from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers through Power Rangers Ninja Storm not to be shown or acknowledged in Power Rangers Dino Thunder's "Legacy of Power".
- They are the very first Rangers in any series (Power Rangers or Super Sentai) who are aliens. Sentai's very first Alien Ranger would actually occur in the season the year after this mini-series; it would be 16 more years before a full alien Sentai team was featured.
- The Aquitar Rangers were the first team whose first five Rangers were Red, Blue, Yellow, Black and White. This format would later be used by the Wild Force Rangers and Dino Rangers.
- They are the first Ranger team without a Pink Ranger. This format would later be used by the Wild Force Rangers, Ninja Rangers, Dino Rangers, Jungle Fury Rangers, Ranger Operators, and the Beast Morphers.
- One of the Abaranger's freinds became Abare Pig, a wannabe Pink Ranger.
- Go-Busters, what Beast Morphers is adapting, only has a Pink Ranger in a movie.
- The Alien Rangers are similar to the Super Sentai team of Choushinsei Flashman: they are saviors who come from another world with great powers who ultimately will die if taken away from that planet for too long. The major difference: while the Flashman are all from other planets, they were all humans who were abducted but ultimately saved by aliens of another world; while the Alien Rangers were not human at all, originating from Aquitar.
- The Alien Rangers are also the first team where the Rangers' helmets lack silver mouthpieces.
- This is the only season until Power Rangers Ninja Steel where the three main colors (Red, Blue and Yellow) are all male.
- Interestingly, their sentai countperarts are very similar in which the enemies are Yokai monsters and the last ranger to appear comes from the US
- This is the first season where the Rangers have colored gloves and boots.
- This is the last team until the Space Rangers to have a Black Ranger to be a part of the core team.
- Kakurangers - Super Sentai counterpart . See comparison page.
- Jetmen - The first Sentai team to have Red, Blue, Yellow, Black and White.
- Changemen - The first Sentai team to have a female White Ranger.
- Gorengers - The first Sentai team to have a male Yellow Ranger and first Sentai team to have a sole female ranger.
- Sun Vulcan - The first Sentai team without Pink Ranger.
- Battle Fever J - The first Sentai team without Green Ranger.
- J.A.K.Q. - The first Sentai team not to be led by a Red Ranger.
All items (5)