|This article is about a/an villain in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.|
Captain Mutiny was a space pirate and self-purported ruler of The Lost Galaxy. Mutiny first appeared toward the end of Lost Galaxy's run as the leader of a villainous crew of pirates operating out of a fortress on the back of a massive, space-faring reptile dubbed the Titanisaur.
An unknown amount of time prior to Lost Galaxy, Captain Mutiny and his crew of monsters and generals conquered the Lost Galaxy and enslaved it's population to mine gold and other treasures for him.
The crew of the Terra Venture first encountered Mutiny and his cohorts after being transported into the Lost Galaxy. In the beginning, Mutiny pretended to be sympathetic to their plight, and even offered to help them get back home. However, it soon became apparent that he was anything but philanthropic in his intentions, but rather, he intended to loot the space station and enslave its population. He planned to do this by unleashing a very powerful monster on the population to force their surrender. He ordered his right hand man, Barbarax, to send the Rocketron monster to delay the Rangers to that Grunchor could escape. Although Rocketron was killed by Deviot draining his life-force, the scheme succeeded as Grunchor was released and managed to escape underground.
Deviot later joined his pirate gang and showed his treacherous nature when Maya nearly killed him but was let go after he I that the monster's only weakness was fire. When the Defender Torozord, Orion Galaxy Megazord, Stratoforce Megazord, and and Centaurus Megazord were fighting the now massive Grunchor, Captain Mutiny arrived and took them down with an energy barrage before joining with the monster. With the two combined, the monster was literally unbeatable until Mike used the new Defender Axe to hit Mutiny's Castle hard enough to make it overheat and return to the Titansaur. With the monster now manageable, the three other Megazords combined thier power for the Galaxy Firepower attack to desintergrate Grunchor.
Sometime later, Leo and Damon were captured by Deviot, Barbarax and the Swabbies but Mutiny stopped Deviot from killing them until sunset since he wished to do it himself despite being far away following Terra Venture. He later arrived with the other villains and the monster Rojomon as support should the other Rangers find them. Before he could slay Leo,, the others arrived on thier Jet Jammers and Mutiny retreated whilst leaving the monster behind who Leo quickly finished off with as the Red Armoured Power Ranger.
Eventually, Captain Mutiny realised that regular monsters of the week would not destroy the Rangers to he enlisted help from an old friend called Hexuba. She trapped all of them within another dimension but Mike (the only one left) was able to enter her lair and smash her crystal ball which releases the others. The Rangers were then able to take down and destroy her Nightmare monster although Hexuba herself managed to escape.
As one last desperate ploy to try and dispose of the Rangers, Hexuba tried to unleash every deceased monster and villain that the Rangers had ever killed. These included Treacheron, Fishface, Quakemaker, Horn, Freaky Tiki, Mutantrum, Hardtochoke, and Destruxo. When all of those monsters failed, she went to Terra Venture herself and absorbed the various powers of past monsters to enter a powered up form which managed to survive both the Lights of Orion and Red Armoured Power Ranger finishers but was taken out by the Orion Galaxy Megazord.
Now evidently desperate, Mutiny sent the Titanosaur itself down to destroy the Rangers and thier Zords. During thier first battle, the castle rode on the monster's back and it proved to be stronger than even Grunchor, ripping off the Stratoforce Megazord's arm and wiping out all four Megazords. Luckily, the monster overheated and was forced to return to the sea at which point Mutiny decided to send it to Terra Venture without the castle to prevent the same thing from happening again. Although it managed to overwhelm the individual Zords, it was overpowered by the Defender Axe finisher and the Stratoforce/Centaurus tornado attack before it was slain by the Orion Galaxy Megazord.
When Mutiny pursued the Terra Venture crew back into the normal galaxy through a portal, he planned to conquer our galaxy too but Trakeena attacked and destroyed his castle, taking Mutiny and his crew down with it.
Captain Mutiny is a no nonsense and grumpy pirate captain with an appropriate personality for that role, He does however display occasional weakness such as when Deviot joined Captain Mutiny's crew, Mutiny was a bit reluctant, fearing that if Trakeena found out, she would "toss him overboard". This shows that Mutiny knows of Trakeena and is afraid of her as well.
- Hook-Captain Mutiny has a hook instead of a left hand which he can use to smash into his enemies.
- Sword-In the episode "Until Sunset", Captain Mutiny menaced Damon and Leo with a sword and was about to kill them when Deviot suggested that they should wait until sunset to kill them. It was never seen again.
- Captain Zahab (Captain Mutiny's Sentai Counterpart) is the primary villain of Seijuu Sentai Gingaman, the Sentai series Lost Galaxy is based on. Villamax, Treacheron, Hexuba and Barbarax's respective Sentai counterparts all served as his generals, which is why their four symbols can be seen on the wall in the back of Mutiny's castle.
- In the flashback sequence from "The Sunflower Search", Captain Mutiny appears in a brief shot of Scorpius' army as they invade the Magna Defender's home planet 3,000 years prior. Since he was supposed to be in the Lost Galaxy, this is widely considered an error.
- This is because the footage used is taken from the Gingaman episode The Vengeful Knight which establishes BullBlack's (Magna Defender's counterpart) hatred of Captain Zahab, who perpetrated the invasion of BullBlack's home planet and the death of his brother, Krantz (whose position was changed to be his son in Power Rangers Zika}.
- Captain Mutiny is voiced by Mike Reynolds, who is known for his roles as Gennai in Digimon, and as Minister Sellers in Street Fighter II: The Movie. He has also voiced characters in several other Power Rangers series, and in other Saban produced shows including VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, and Masked Rider.
- Captain Mutiny is the first main villain in the franchise to be destroyed by another main villain instead of the Rangers or an interdimensional energy wave.
- In the Japanese dub of Lost Galaxy, Captain Mutiny is named Captain Bounty (キャンプテン・バウンティ Kyaputen Baunti).
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
- Episode 10: The Sunflower Search (Flashback error)
- Episode 36: Beware the Mutiny (First full appearance)
- Episode 37: Grunchor on the Loose
- Episode 38: Until Sunset
- Episode 39: Dream Battle
- Episode 40: Hexuba's Graveyard
- Episode 41: Raise the Titanisaur
- Episode 42: Escape the Lost Galaxy (Last appearance and death)