|This article is about a/an monster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Cannontop was created by Zedd from miniature cannon model that belonged to Billy's cousin after it was stolen by Putties. Cannontop possessed a dangerous guided launching cannonball system at his disposal, but possessed bad aim. He also possessed the ability to send the rangers to the Lost Dimension. Aside the main cannon counted to his head, Cannontop also possessed numerous mini-rocket launching pads installed in his chest. Zedd sent Cannontop to attack Angel Grove. Cannontop attacked the city and encountered the Power Rangers. The Rangers struck him with their weapons but it did not harm it. He had bad aim so he did not manage to send the rangers to the Lost Dimension. The Rangers used the Power Blaster and hit him with it. Then Zedd made Cannontop grow. Tommy attacked him with the Red Dragon Thunderzord, riding on the top of the White Tigerzord. He also called for the assistance of Tor, whom blasts numerous gunner-type rays. Afterwards the White Tigerzord goes into warrior mode and formed the Mega Tigerzord. Cannontop tried to take it out with his laser barrage but it was unfazed and brought his bombarding days to an end by using the Firebird Thunderzord's Grid Attack. After his destruction he reverted to the form of toy cannon.
Cannontop was a cunning, tricky, and unpredictable monster, who will stop at nothing to destroy the Power Rangers. However he was also highly incompetent as he possessed bad aim and he did not manage to send the Rangers to the Lost Dimension. He is also loyal to Zedd.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Cannontop is an immensely powerful monster, overwhelming the Rangers and their Zords with remarkable ease.
- Durability: Cannontop has strong enough metal plating across his body that the Power Blaster didn't destroy him.
- Blaster Barrage: Cannontop's main attack where he can fire a barrage of blue and yellow lasers from the cannons on his waist. A single barrage was enough to down five Rangers and knock back the Red Dragon Thunderzord.
- Cannon Blast: Cannontop can lean forwards and fire and massive black and yellow bullet from the cannon on top of his head. A single blast took down all five Rangers.
- Fists: Aside from his torso cannons, Cannontop does not have any weapons but he does have armored fists that he can use to punch his enemies. However, he relied solely in his cannons and never fist fought anything.
- Scope: During the cemetery battle, Cannontop can be seen using a scope over his eye to aim at his targets.
Behind the Scenes
- Cannontop is voiced by John C. Hyke.
- Cannontop is the second boss in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie for the SNES game console.
- In Dairanger, Cannontop was not actually defeated before growing (with him using the Growth Bomb immediately after the Dairangers escaped from his and Major Zydos's trap). This makes him a unique case since most monsters from Dairanger (most notably Skelerena and Magnet Brain) were defeated by the Super Ch'i-Power Bazooka which was adapted into the Power Cannon.
- The shot of being hit by the Power Blaster is actually the shot of him firing played in reverse and with an explosion superimposed onto the image.