|This article is about a/an monster in Power Rangers Dino Fury.|
|"Uh oh! Please! I have little fishies at home who need their daddy!"|
|―Brineblast when cornered by Zayto and Izzy.[src]|
|"I'm a fish! I gotta stay wet!"|
|―Brineblast responding back to Mucus after she says that he keeps getting the maps wet.[src]|
|"Now you have bigger fish to fry! It's about to get wet and wild!"|
|―Brineblast when he enlarged after Jane and J-Borg saw him.[src]|
|"Bad kitty! Bad kitty! Ow!"|
|―Brineblast when confronted by the Tiger Claw Zord and then getting bitten on the backside.[src]|
|"Ah! I'm out of juice!"|
|―Brineblast when his cannons ran out of power when firing on the Dino Fury Megazord Claw Formation and his final words before his destruction.[src]|
|"Don't like my smell? At least I'm house-trained."|
|―Brineblast's first words upon being revived by Reaghoul alongside Wolfgang as he insults Wolfgang.[src]|
|"What's Kraken? Quick question, are you familiar with the concept of Sleepy Cuffs?"|
|―Brineblast as he's beamed in front of the Rangers and begins his distraction/sales pitch.[src]|
|"Now you know what Sleepy Cuffs are. Night night!"|
|―Brineblast to the Rangers seeing the Sleepy Cuffs take effect.[src]|
|"You want worse? We'll give it to ya!"|
|―Brineblast responding to Izzy as he grows giant alongside Wolfgang and his final words before his second defeat.[src]|
Brineblast was a Kraken-based Sporix Beast and the fifth Sporix Beast from the Sporix Army to awaken. He serves as the main antagonist of the episode "Winning Attitude" and one of the two secondary antagonists of the episode "Old Foes".
Great Sporix War
Over 65 million years ago, Brineblast and the other Sporix Beasts invaded Rafkon, the home planet of Zayto. Though he and his fellow Knights of Rafkon fought hard, the Sporix ravaged Rafkon and removed all traces of life from the planet. The Sporix then turned their attention to Earth but Zayto and the remaining Knights had managed to escape Rafkon and tracked the Sporix Beasts to Earth where they engaged them in battle with the help of the dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. Brineblast was first seen hatching on Earth with Boneswitch and another unidentified Sporix Beast before the Rafkon Knights descended upon the three. After the Rangers fought against the Void Knight, Brineblast was among the Sporix Beasts that escaped.
Brineblast hatches in the park whilst Jane and J-Borg hold a presentation to a group of children in front of BuzzBlast just as Boomtower and Mucus arrive to claim the seemingly dormant egg. The Dino Fury Rangers then regroup and since Brineblast apparently reeks of rotten fish, Amelia comments on it and Brineblast takes much offense to that as the Rangers morph and do their roll call. Boomtower commands Brineblast to attack and he teams up with Mucus to fight Zayto only to be jump kicked in the back by Amelia. However, he shrugs off slashes from both her Chromafury Saber and those of Ollie and Zayto who he then fires on with his water bullets. He mocks that the Dino Fury Rangers can't attack him because of his bullets only to be blindsided by Izzy though he then throws her off. She tries to use her Chromafury Saber on him but it bounces off immediately with enough force to knock her down as Mucus sends in some Hengemen. As Izzy and Zayto deploy the Elasto and Hyper Keys, Brineblast flees towards a fountain with Zayto and Izzy in hot pursuit so he gains some distance using his cannons although he then runs into a dead end thanks to the edge of the fountain. Cornered, Brineblast begs for mercy since he apparently "has little fishies at home" which they fall for but allows Boomtower to sneak attack Zayto. Fortunately, Javi managed to stop Boomtower who then withdraws with Brineblast to Area 62.
In Area 62, Brineblast re-hydrates which Mucus questions but he rebuffs that he's a fish and fish are supposed to live in the water. He then receives an order from Void Knight to distract the Rangers whilst Boomtower plants a drill bomb in the forest to destroy the Tiger Claw Zord before it can be used against them. Brineblast soon teleports to the Junior State Championship Races in front of Jane and J-Borg and grows giant to scare them. The Rangers (with the exception of Izzy who is out trying to stop Boomtower and Mucus from destroying her Zord) arrive to fend him off and form the Dino Fury Megazord. Brineblast and the Dino Fury Megazord charge at each other but Brineblast easily gains the upper hand with his incredible speed and fighting skill. He then overwhelms the Megazord with his water bullets, eventually taking it down just after the Power Rangers are informed of Boomtower's plot. Fortunately, Izzy formulates a plan to use Brineblast's impressive firepower to destroy the drill and free her Zord.
To achieve this, the Dino Fury Megazord flees and Brineblast follows it all the way to the mountain where he arrogantly reveals that they can't outrun him because he has somehow done a lot of exercise whilst sealed away. Brineblast then fires on them but they dodge and he instead destroys the mountain, pelting him with rocks and freeing the Tiger Claw Zord before the drill destroys its chamber. Izzy then tames her Zord and uses it against Brineblast. He tries to keep up and shoot it but it easily dodges around him with its speed and energy slashes him into a daze. As Zayto welcomes it back, it jumps onto Brineblast's face and mauls him before leaping off and dodging more bullets. Izzy then has her Zord combine with the Dino Fury Megazord to form the Dino Fury Megazord Claw Formation. Using the new formation, they easily overwhelm Brineblast and even his water bullets are easily dodged before they activate the jet boost. The Megazord rockets forward which makes Brineblast panic so he rapidly fires but they all miss and he quickly runs out of water to fire. Now having the upper hand, the Rangers finish off Brineblast with the Tiger Mega Slash which knocks him flat on his face and he explodes. However, his Sporix Egg is found by Boomtower first who immediately teleports back to the base before the Power Rangers can retrieve it.
Later on, Boomtower gets tired of not getting the power he wants so he decides to steal one of the Sporix from Void Knight's machine. While it's never confirmed which Sporix Boomtower put into his body, it's safe to assume Brineblast was the one he absorbed given it would be closer to the vent as it's the latest one that was added to the machine. Boomtower uses his Sporix to ravage the Rangers and overpower them. He then grows large but is defeated by the Rangers' Dino Fury Megazord Spike Formation although he still has Brineblast's Sporix in him even after his defeat.
Boomtower, who still had Brineblast's Sporix, attacks the Rangers again with Wolfgang and later grows large for the second time in an attempt to destroy them. However, when the Rangers destroy him with their new Dino Fury Megazord Warrior Formation, Brineblast's Sporix Egg is the only thing that survives the explosion and is nearly caught by Mucus but Izzy intercepts it. Later his Sporix Egg is placed back into containment at the Rangers' base.
Reaghoul would demonstrate his revival powers by reviving Brineblast alongside Wolfgang as mere remnant copies. Upon being revived, Brineblast got into a brief scuffle with Wolfgang after he said something smells fishy with him insulting Wolfgang taking offense to his comment before being given to Reaghoul and Zedd to use in a plan to capture all of the Rangers. He first appears beamed in front of the Rangers greeting them as the Rangers morph and tells them about sleepy cuffs, distracting them long enough for the rest of his team to beam behind the Rangers with Zedd putting the sleepy cuffs on all 4 Rangers. He was content on them learning the meaning of the cuffs as he joked at their defeat. Upon Reaghoul realizing Ollie was missing and needing him, he commands Brineblast and Wolfgang to search the woods for him and bring him back to which they obey as they venture off to find Ollie. Brineblast would follow Wolfgang whose enhanced smelling leads them to Ollie as they confront him before he morphs. Once Wolfgang's sonic howl is rendered useless by the no-howl drop, he tells Wolfgang to attack Ollie to which they both do. While they hold their own against Ollie, they aren't able to defeat him as Ollie destroys Wolfgang first before destroying Brineblast with two slashes. However, thanks to Reaghoul's ability, he and Wolfgang are revived once again with him reviving second and answering Ollie's question by saying how they can regenerate easily thanks to Reaghoul's reviving energy inside them. He and Wolfgang attack Ollie, but Brineblast is hit by the Spin Dino Key which spins him around to hit Wolfgang dazing the kraken Sporix Beast. Ollie would use the Elasto Key Slash which penetrates through Brineblast and into Wolfgang destroying the two again.
Reaghoul would revive him and Wolfgang for a third time at Dinohenge intending for Ollie to fight the four of them and be defeated. He would laugh manically alongside his partner Wolfgang, Reaghoul, and Zedd at Ollie being doomed fighting them all. He would be waiting at Dinohenge for Ollie and goes to confront him with Zedd and Wolfgang. However this would not happen as Ollie's dagger trick breaks Zedd's compliance collar which has him fuming in anger and goes against Reaghoul. He and Wolfgang would look on the scene in confusion. Due to Reaghoul's last commands before teleporting away was for them to keep Zedd busy, they do just that, but Zedd took them on easily. He punched Brineblast in the air and when he came down, Zedd punched him back into the ground. Brineblast would be sent back by Zedd and sees Ollie and Amelia helping him. He and Wolfgang would spectate the Rangers fighting Zedd, before the villainous overlord retreats away. Seeing Zedd retreat, Brineblast decides to make things worse as he grows giant alongside Wolfgang to fight the Rangers, ending the temporary truce. He and Wolfgang would be surrounded by the T-Rex Champion, Tricera Blade, and Ankylo Hammer Zords before being attacked by them. The pair would confront the Dino Fury Megazord Blade Formation and despite working together, they were dealt blows from the Megazord's blade before Zayto used the finisher Double Mega Slash, destroying them both once more.
Brineblast hated being insulted, especially when Amelia said he smelled like rotten fish. He also appeared to be boastful and arrogant as he stated that the Rangers couldn't outrun him in their Megazord because he claimed to have great cardio. Brineblast wanted to have kids once he "found the right trout." Despite not being on best of terms with Wolfgang, he was able to work together well with the Cerberus Sporix Beast following each other calls. He has shown himself to be sneaky as he was used as a distraction on the Rangers commenting on his quick thinking when he used this before at the park fountain giving Boomtower time to attack them in a surprise attack. He can also be sarcastic with commenting on how the Rangers know sleepy cuffs and granting Izzy's rhetorical wish of making things worse by growing. He seems not to tolerate insults as he was easily offended with Wolfgang commenting on his fish smell and insulted back on how he's at least house trained.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: Brineblast was able to toss Izzy to the side just by moving his head/body quickly to the side despite her grabbing onto him. When giant, single punches from him knocked around the Dino Fury Megazord and made it spin dizzily in place.
- Armor: Brineblast has solid armor that is strong enough to resist multiple slashes from the Chromafury Sabers.
- Deflection: Brineblast's armor had a deflection effect that was strong enough to knock Izzy aside when her Saber bounced straight off of it.
- Super Speed: Brineblast could run at super fast speed, easily outmatching the Dino Fury Megazord with how fast he moved. However, it wasn't enough for him to keep up with both the Tiger Claw Zord and the Dino Fury Megazord Claw Formation.
- Moisture Absorption: Brineblast could absorb moisture from the air to reload his water blasters.
- Teleportation: Like all members of the Sporix Army, Brineblast could teleport to any location at will in a massive vertical column of purple energy.
- Enlarging: Like all Sporix Beasts, Brineblast could enlarge himself by tapping into the energy he gained in battle.
- Automatic Growth-Unlike the other Beasts that appeared before him, his body gained so much power he was able to automatically grow giant without having to fight much.
- Self-Resurrection: In the episode "Old Foes", due to being revived by Reaghoul, Brineblast can resurrect himself whenever he is destroyed.
- Marksmanship: Brineblast was very skilled in shooting his targets, tracking them and still managing to shoot them despite flipping around the battlefield.
- Deception: Brineblast was able to bring Zayto and Izzy's guards down by falsely saying that if they destroy him, he won't be able to look after his kids although he doesn't have any since it was part of a distraction.
- Skilled Fighter: In addition to his raw strength, Brineblast was a skilled fighter who was easily able to take on and overwhelm the Dino Fury Megazord.
- Low Intelligence: Brineblast clearly wasn't that smart since he managed to get cornered by the brim of a fountain and didn't try to just run around it.
- Water Limit: There was a limit in how much water Brineblast could fire. If he ran out, he would be helpless and vulnerable to his opponents' attacks unless he absorbed more moisture to refuel his water blasters.
- Self-Resurrection Limit: In the episode "Old Foes", there is a limit in how many times Brineblast can revive himself, as he and Wolfgang were destroyed by the Dino Fury Megazord Blade Formation.
- Arm Water Blasters: Brineblast has water pistol-style blasters on his arms which could fire a variety of water-based attacks.
- Water Bullets-Brineblast's blasters could fire blue pressurized water bullets in rapid succession similar to a machine gun.
- Water Streams-Brineblast's blasters could also fire a clear stream of regular water. However, this didn't seem to have much more power than a regular water hose.
- Twin Clubs: Brineblast's water blasters doubled as clubs that he used to batter the Dino Fury Megazord.
Behind the Scenes
- Brineblast was voiced by Jason Smith who portrayed Casey Rhodes in Power Rangers Jungle Fury. His suit actor (via Sentai footage) was Kazuya Okada (岡田 和也 Okada Kazuya) but his American suit actor is unknown.
- Brineblast was based on the Kraken, a legendary sea monster of gigantic size that possessed a Cephalopod-like appearance in Scandinavian folklore.
- Brineblast's name was made up of brine and blast with brine meaning overly salted water.
- Brineblast possessed many similarities to Barakouzza from Jungle Fury since both were fish-themed monsters (Barakouzza being based upon an archerfish and Brineblast on a kraken) and possessed arm-mounted blasters that can fire incredibly powerful jets of water capable of defeating Megazords.
- The major differences however were the base creatures, the fact that Barakouzza's base animal is real whereas Brineblast's is mythological, and the fact that Barakouzza only fired streams of water surrounded by lightning whereas Brineblast fired both bullets and streams (though they were normal and more like hose jets).
- Brineblast apparently possessed a terrible sense of smell since he did not detect his own horrible smell.
- Brineblast was the only Sporix Beast that Boomtower caught for Void Knight and the first Sporix Beast not to be caught directly by Void Knight.
- While it was hard to discern who he serves under, it can be assumed he served under Boomtower and Void Knight as the former was the one to deploy him into battle when he first hatched but the latter was the one who commanded him to grow giant as a distraction for the Rangers while Boomtower and Mucus destroy the Tiger Claw Zord.
- Hypothetically, Brineblast is the first Sporix Beast to be re-captured by the Rangers and the first one Void Knight lost from his collection after gaining it in the first place.
- He and Wolfgang are the first Sporix Beasts to be revived thanks to Reaghoul's ability.
- Power Rangers Dino Fury