|This article is about a/an villain in Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger.|
- ""Silence! After five hundred years, one of the transmitters we spread throughout space has finally activated. Your malice, wrath, blood, lust, and ninjitsu...For the sake of conquering that bloated, wealthy planet...I will put those evil powers to good use. You will bring 'it' to me!""
- ―Leader Tau Zant's first words when shutting up his underlings whilst they gaped at the modern wonders of 2002 Japan. The "it" he is refferencing it the Evil Will.[src]
Five hundred years ago, Tau Zant learned of the Evil Will and intending to evoke it to destroy the universe and become a god of the new universe that would be created as result. From the very start, he attempted to bring about the Evil Will's coming by building the Jakanja organization to aid in this quest, though in actuality he cared nothing for his comrades, as they were nothing more than his sacrificial pawns, with Seventh Spear, Sandaaru realizing it.
After having the Hayate's Way Ninja Academy destroyed, Tau Zanto first tried to acquire the Evil Will by having the Gouraigers kill each other through their fathers' method and later with Sixth Spear, Satarakura's subordinate Fangerus. Though both attempts failed, Tao Zanto found an alternate means after probing Third Spear, Manmaruba's mind to learn of the Raging Arrow and the Grieving Bow.
Once he ingested both weapons, Tau Zanto used Satorakura to gather enough energy to assume a suitable form to use the Karakuri. Once Satorakura became compromised by the interference of the Hurricanegers, Gouraigers, and Shurikenger, Tau Zanto welded the device that was storing the energy to Satorakura's arm and then sent Sandaaru to retrieve the backpack from Satorakura once he started use the energy for himself. As a result Tau Zant transformed into the gigantic Tau Zant Ultimate Form (タウ・ザント究極体 Tau Zanto Kyūkyokutai).
Though he was able to open the wormhole, Sandaaru wounded Tau Zant, forcing him to make his way to the wormhole, becoming one with the Evil Will as it began to destroy everything until the Hurricanegers managed to reverse the process. However, Tau Zant, with the Evil Will inside him, emerged and fought the alone Karakuri Giant Senpuujin. Though mortally wounded, Tau Zant grabbed Senpuujin as he exploded, taking Senpuujin with him. However, Tau Zant survived and assumed the guise of all Seven Darkness Spears, until they were defeated by the two Ranger teams. Tau Zant proceeded to overpower the Rangers without mercy, but their refusal to give up enabled them to overwhelm Tau Zant with the Five Ninjas, Shadow Dance and kill him with the Victory Gadget's Destruction Decimate attack, destroying both him and the Evil Will forever.
Behind the scenes
- Tau Zant, whose name sounds similar to "Thousand", seems to be influenced by the Buddhist bodhisattva of compassion, Avalokiteśvara, also known as "Senju Kannon" (千手観音 Thousand-Armed Kannon). His design also uses elements of Ohmukade, a demon centipede of Japanese myth.
Tau Zant has a leitmotif that is a remix of his organization's theme: "Tau Zant, Enraged!" (Tau Zanto, Ikaru!).
Boss Tau Zant was voiced by Kiyoyuki Yanada (梁田 清之 Yanada Kiyoyuki).
- Lothor - Power Rangers counterpart in Ninja Storm. See comparison page. (in terms of being the primary villain)
- Lothorzord - Power Rangers counterpart in Ninja Storm. See comparison page. (Ultimate Form)