|This article is about a/an moster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
- ―Bones when his head was falling into a lava chasm and his final words before his death.[src]
Bones is known for being the first monster to fight the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the very first monster in the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the first monster in the entire Zordon Era, and is most notable known as the very first Monster-Of-The-Week to appear in the entire Power Rangers franchise.
Bones is the first original monster to be made by Finster. Finster created Bones by making his clay sculpture. Finster already prepared Bones. When Rita and Finster were choosing the monster to eliminate the Power Rangers, Finster proposed his queen Bones. Rita agreed and Finster created Bones by placing his clay model in the Monstermatic and Bones appeared. Bones politely, friendly and nicely greeted his queen and Rita was satisfied of Bones. After Jason, Trini, Zack, Kimberly and Billy defeated an army of Putties, launched outside of the Command Center, the heroes then teleported to the base. Rita then sent Bones to Earth to battle the Rangers. Zordon told the Rangers about the monster and the Rangers arrived to stop him. Bones arrived in the park in Angel Grove and started terrorizing the people. After being sent to Earth and causing havoc in the park, the Rangers morphed and took on the very first Monster-Of-The-Week in the theme park, he removes his head and teleported the Rangers to another dimension. Bones even happily says it's showtime. Bones then takes on the Rangers and summons his henchman skeleton warriors to aid him in battle, while this is all happening, Squatt and Baboo are creating a plan by setting up a bomb on a tree that will blow up and trap the Rangers in the Time Dimension. after taking out the skeleton warriors. The Rangers blasted Bones with the Blade Blasters which blown him up into many pieces, but Bones simply restored his body, Billy grabbed Bones' head and toss it to Trini, an army of Skeleton Warriors came in to get back Bones' head, but Trini defeated all of them with ease. She then arrived at a pit and throw Bones' head right into the pit below, destroying both him and his body once and for all.
Bones was a devious, treacherous, cunning, intelligent, sinister, dark, calculating and resourceful monster. He enjoys to play and decept the enemies and will stop at nothing to destroy the Rangers. He is also very deceptive, manipulative, spiteful, unpredictable, ugly and sneaky and loves to make traps for the enemies. Despite all of this, he is very loyal to Rita and was shown to be highly polite and friendly to his queen. He also demonstrated a nive sense of humor.
Powers And Abilities
- Teleportation: Bones can teleport to any location at will.
- Reformation: If destroyed by a normal attack, Bones can reform himself back together.
- Eye Lasers: Bones can fire light pink colored energy lasers from his eyes.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Bones can leap an incredible distance.
- Invisibility: Bones can turn himself invisible to hide from his enemies.
- Disembody Head: Bones can remove his head and teleport his enemies to any location at will.
- Invulnerability: Bones can reform his body all that he wants, even when he has lost his head.
- Skeleton Warriors Summoning: Bones can summon a group of skeleton-like warriors wielding swords to aid him in battle.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Bones is good with his sword, being able to fight Jason and his Blade Blaster off with ease.
- Skeleton Sword: When in combat, Bones can equip himself with a thin sword.
- Ground Implosion: Bones' strongest attack. Bones can slam his sword into the ground and cause the ground to shake. It also caused a massive chasm to open up in the ground which took all five Rangers down.
Head: Bones's weakness is his head, he is able to reform his body if his head is still intack, if it's destroyed, then his body is destroyed.
Behind The Scenes
- Bones is voiced by Tom Wyner.
- Bones was the first of several monsters sent by Rita Repulsa to never enlarge. Pudgy Pig was the second, Terror Toad was the third, followed by Snizzard, Madame Woe, Rockstar, and Twin Man. The Pumpkin Rapper, though originally sent by Rita, was not enlarged until Season 2. Mighty Minotaur and the Spit Flower were enlarged, but only temporary and returned to human-size. Cyclops was enlarged, returned to human-size, and enlarged again.
- Bones's appearance is based on Baron Samedi, an important figure in the voodoo religion. Some have mistakenly thought his appearance was based on that of Beetlejuice due to their similarities, and have even falsely attributed Beetlejuice's emphatic "It's showtime!" to Bones, when in fact, Bones never said that phrase. Pirantishead, however, did.
- Bones was one of three monsters to have their own special Putties in the form of his Skeleton Warriors. Pumpkin Rapper had pumpkin-headed Putties and Rhinoblaster had football player themed Putties.
- Dora Skelton - Super Sentai counterpart in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. See comparison page.
- Gold Mask - Super Sentai counterpart in Himitsu Sentai Gorenger. See comparison page. (in terms of being the first monster of the week of their respective franchise)
- Bones (Dino Charge): His successor in Power Rangers Dino Charge