|This article is about a/an moster in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.|
Bones was a skeleton monster that served as the main antagonist of the episode "High Five."
Bones was the first monster to fight the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the very first monster in the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the first monster in the entire Zordon Era, and is most notable known as the very first Monster-Of-The-Week to appear in the entire Power Rangers franchise.
Bones is the first original monster to be made by Finster after being released from the dumpster. He creates Bones with his clay sculptures and the Monster-Matic to seal the Power Rangers in a time warp like Rita did to Zordon ten thousand years earlier, thus rendering the Earth completely open to invasion. After being created, Bones politely greets his queen and Rita is satisfied with Bones. After the Rangers defeat an army of Putties, Bones deploys to Angel Grove and lands in the fairgrounds where he starts to blast everything and generally be a nuisance.
The Rangers morph and confront their very first monster but he removes his head and teleports the Rangers into the time-warp. Bones then summons his Skeleton Warriors (basically Putties in skeleton spandex) to aid him in battle and he personally fights Jason whilst his comrades fight the others. While this is all happening, Squatt and Baboo set up a bomb on a tree that will blow up and seal the time-warp shut, trapping the Rangers. After taking out the Skeleton Warriors, Bones stabs his sword into the ground and creates a chasm which knocks down the other Rangers and allows him to overwhelm Jason. However, the other four Rangers blast Bones with their Blade Blasters as Jason dodges the blasts but Bones begins to restore his body. Billy realizes that his head is his weakness so grabs Bones' head and tosses it to Trini who wraps the head in Bones' cloak. The last six Skeleton Warriors come in to get back Bones' head but Trini defeats all of them with ease. She then throws Bones' head right into the chasm Bones himself created, destroying both his head and his body which falls on its back and explodes. Rather than enlarge Bones, Rita sends a Giant to Earth to destroy the Rangers but he is destroyed by the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.
Bones was a devious, treacherous, cunning, intelligent, sinister, dark, calculating and resourceful monster who enjoyed playing with the enemy and would stop at nothing to destroy the Rangers. Despite all of this, he was very loyal to Rita and was shown to be highly polite and friendly to his queen.
Powers and Abilities
- Teleportation: Bones could teleport to any location at will by fading out of existence.
- Reformation: If destroyed by a normal attack, such as the combined Blade Blaster lasers, Bones could reform himself back together.
- Eye Lasers: Bones could fire light pink colored energy lasers from his eyes.
- Extraordinary Leaper: Bones could leap incredible distances.
- Invisibility: Bones could turn himself invisible at will to hide from his enemies.
- Head Removal: Bones could remove his head and teleport his enemies to any location at will.
- Invulnerability: Bones could reform his body all that he wants, even when he has lost his head.
- Skeleton Warriors Summoning: Bones could summon a group of skeleton-like Putties to aid him in battle.
- Skilled Swordsman: Bones was good with his sword, being able to fight Jason and his Blade Blaster off with ease.
- Disassembly: Although Bones could apparently reform ad-infinitum, he still needed time to do so and this left his head completely exposed.
- Vulnerable Head: Bones' weakness is his head since he can only reform his body endlessly if his head is still intact. If his skull is destroyed, then his body will be destroyed as well.
- Skeleton Sword: When in combat, Bones could equip himself with a thin sword.
- Ground Implosion: Bones could slam his sword into the ground and cause a massive chasm filled with lava to open up in the ground which took all five Rangers down.
Behind the Scenes
- Bones was voiced by Tom Wyner who also voiced the Giant.
- His design was based on Baron Samedi of voodoo lore.
- He is called "Bones" because he is a skeleton.
- Bones was one of three monsters to have their own special Putties in the form of his Skeleton Warriors. Pumpkin Rapper had pumpkin-headed Putties and Rhinoblaster had football player-themed Putties.
- Dora Skelton - Super Sentai counterpart in Zyuranger. See comparison page.
- Gold Mask - Super Sentai counterpart in Gorenger. See comparison page. (in terms of being the first monster of the week of their respective franchise)